Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Son Heung-min

Comments

• South Korea through to the Semi-Finals after beating Uzbekistan 4-3 (AET) with the winning goal a penalty two mins from a shootout

Syria or Vietnam await in the Semi-Finals

One of Japan | United Arab Emirates | North Korea await in the Final
  • They beat Vietnam and will play either Japan or UAE in the Final on Saturday.
  • Japan v South Korea in the final.

Also i know every article is about Son as he's their most high profile player, but i'm pretty sure every other Korean in that team also wants to win and avoid the military service too.
  • Seems to be very close in terms of U23 results between the two...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–South_Korea_football_rivalry#U-23
  • Japan v South Korea in the final.

Also i know every article is about Son as he's their most high profile player, but i'm pretty sure every other Korean in that team also wants to win and avoid the military service too.

If I was in the squad and had gone to the Olympic Games and already had my get out of NS free card I’m be planning a plethora of own goals
  • Seems a shame for every other south korean kid that has to do their national service because they are not an overage rich footballer playing in a tournament for younger footballers
  • Seems a shame for every other south korean kid that has to do their national service because they are not an overage rich footballer playing in a tournament for younger footballers

I can see what you're saying, but couldn't quite a few of those other South Korean kids derive great pleasure from seeing Son play in the premier league and for South Korea in proper tournaments and would rather he didn't take time out.

I can see what you're saying, but couldn't quite a few of those other South Korean kids derive great pleasure from seeing Son play in the premier league and for South Korea in proper tournaments and would rather he didn't take time out.
    I think I read that thousands have signed a petition saying that they'll do double the NS if Son doesn't have to do his. I think the general public want them to skip it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be interested to hear if other Gold Medal winners at the Asian Games are also getting to skip their Service
  • I'd be interested to hear if other Gold Medal winners at the Asian Games are also getting to skip their Service

The rules are every South Korean does 2 years before they are 28 unless they win a World Cup, Asian Games or Olympic Gold.

Other countries I don't know about but I suspect nothing will stop you serving in North Korea if Kim wants you to
  • thenewbie said:

I'd be interested to hear if other Gold Medal winners at the Asian Games are also getting to skip their Service

The rules are every South Korean does 2 years before they are 28 unless they win a World Cup, Asian Games or Olympic Gold.

Other countries I don't know about but I suspect nothing will stop you serving in North Korea if Kim wants you to
    Not necessarily, when the North Koreans invade he can show them his Asian games medal so they know he’s exempt from fighting them...
  • thenewbie said:

I'd be interested to hear if other Gold Medal winners at the Asian Games are also getting to skip their Service

Sorry I meant with regards to South Korea

i.e. if you win Gold in Badminton at the Asian Games / Olympics whether your also exempt or whether its a rule solely for their Footballers
  • thenewbie said:

Sorry I meant with regards to South Korea

i.e. if you win Gold in Badminton at the Asian Games / Olympics whether your also exempt or whether its a rule solely for their Footballers
    It's for all their sportspeople
  • There most posts about him on here than some of the Spurs boards lol.
  • 2-0 in extra time to South Korea, not long to go now.
  • Half time in extra time, Son with both assists!
  • 5 mins to go, Japan have just scored lol
  • Here's comes the c*nting
  • Sponsored links:

• All over. South Korea win 2-1 after extra time and national service is avoided.
  • Lovely lovely :)
  • I believe he still has to do 4 weeks basic training then return to do 3/5 days a year for the following 6 years. But he avoids the standard 21 months service
  • I believe he still has to do 4 weeks basic training then return to do 3/5 days a year for the following 6 years. But he avoids the standard 21 months service

Imagine if he got a serious injury in basic training and ended up missing a couple of seasons
  • Think Spurs could do with him back
  • Think Spurs could do with him back

He is most definitely back :)
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Think Spurs could do with him back

He is most definitely back :)
    So is David Luiz
  • Spurs must be delighted that he hasnt gone to the Asian Games with South Korea, been such a big player for them this season @JohnBoyUK