Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I think I’m falling out of love with Charlton

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Will never happen for me. I am just holding my nose waiting for the smell of failure to leave my club. Yeah Roland, my f****** club.

Ive supported for years, the smell of falure is normally always there, although occasionally the wind does shift it a bit, I think thats the best we can hope for.
  • Options

Thing is. It’s not a load of glory hunters dropping away. People like many of us posting here have been loyal through thin and thinner. It’s very worrying. I almost feel I’m grieving for a love I’ve lost. What happens over the next few weeks is going to have a big impact.

Amen to that mate
  • Options
    As the Persuaders sang

"It's a thin line between love and hate"
  • Options
    At the moment I'm thinking about a local non-league team for next season instead. It'll be difficult, but fuck CAFC and the cunt that owns it, thats how I feel at the moment.

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

RedMist said:

Must admit I don't think I could care less at the moment.

Same. I can't even muster any enthusiasm for the World Cup. Football is now so far removed from the game I fell in love with I can't help feeling there must be something better to do than waste my time watching overpaid prima donnas.

Never actually believed I would feel that way especially about CAFC.</blockquote

This

• Options
    I said on another thread that I don’t think the “expected” numbers will come flocking back once we have new owners.
    In this last year or so I’ve certainly gone from a definite renewer, to a doubt if I willer. This thread shows I’m not alone.
    I honestly think the Roland years have done more damage than the selhurst years.
  • Options
    Bloody hell looks like I will be the only one on here going next season.....I think!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Hate Charlton.

Beginning to appreciate the Palace Ultras togetherness, the eagle, the cheerleaders as well as Millwall’s support not fighting each other, cracking ground and location and their undoubted position as the top club in SE London.

Charlton can fuck off.
  • Options

I have been attending most home games since 1950 and I will continue to do so whoever owns the club. I wont be able to catch up after the curtains close.

That is actually a great post.

• Options
    Come on. We can pull through this together.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    To be honest I can"t believe that I just don't care any more. even with new owners I will not be attending matches Whole of football stinks and is full of young players who think they can do what they ever want to do..
  • Options
    16/1 to be relegated. Tempting.
  • Options

Thing is. It’s not a load of glory hunters dropping away. People like many of us posting here have been loyal through thin and thinner. It’s very worrying. I almost feel I’m grieving for a love I’ve lost. What happens over the next few weeks is going to have a big impact.

Amen to that mate
    You Care Stevie,I Care we all Care and come what may we will all hopefully be soon be
    Back following our Great Football Club.
    Nothing will ever take take away our Many Individual and Collective Memories.
    Respect to the Boycotters -,But Hope to see you all Back at Our Beloved Valley soon.COYR
  • Options
    My last game was when Chris Powell beat us with his Huddersfield team. After that match, my ST went in the bin and I've not watched them play since. Been a couple of times I've been tempted, but sobered up and thought better of it. I don't even follow the ins & outs of players now and for the life of me, I couldn't name 3 players in the squad and only occasionally look out for the results. Have since found alternative ways of enjoying my weekends. The sad part is: I was waiting for Roland to depart and then end my exile, but I'm really not sure I'll want to..............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, you're a piss poor lot :wink:

Come on boys, if we've been supporting for over 50 years we are not going to give up now, however long it takes to get our mojo going again.
    Friends and loved ones pass on, the new boss is the same as the old boss and the sands of time are slipping through our fingers.
    The stark reality is there is a finite amount of time left.
    You owe it to yourself to enjoy the high and lows of this stupid special football club while you can.

• Options
    saw my first match 64 years ago and have since accepted that we are Charlton and if we didnt have bad news we wouldnt have any news at all ...
  • Options
    Up to 3 years ago I was just an arm chair supporter of charlton(rather play football than watch) then got an atteachment to this club and follow them at all home games, all I’m saying I don’t know no difference! What were the good times like?
  • Options
    I think we have all fallen out of love with Duchatelet's Charlton. A football club is more than a business. We don't go and support BP or ASDAs! Duchatelet has never understood that simple fact. We are part of the club and the club is part of us.

I was in France before Christmas and we were playing Blackpool at home. I didn't give the game a second thought and when I found the result out - 1-1 with them scoring a late equaliser, it annoyed me for 5 minutes then I forgot it. That told me something had changed in me.

When we get our Charlton back we will fall back in love with it I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Justafan said:

Up to 3 years ago I was just an arm chair supporter of charlton(rather play football than watch) then got an atteachment to this club and follow them at all home games, all I’m saying I don’t know no difference! What were the good times like?

Interesting first post having been a member for three years especially as there can't be that many armchair Addicks out their, Manure, Cheslski; Citeh, Liverpool but Charlton?

Anyway in answer to the question; Very special, too few and far between (over the last 60 years of support) which make them all the more enjoyable when they come round. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    The danger at the moment is a club will come and other silly money for any of the few players we have left and they will be sold off. We are as it is thin on the ground with our squad. Bow has a hard job at the moment getting in any sort of player under this owner.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feed back, what comes across is going to games make you attached to the club and to be fair I enjoy going as meeting up with family even though the football has been pretty dire since becoming hooked.
    Still I won’t be accused of being a glory hunter when the good times tetutn
  • Options
    Justafan said:

Thanks for the feed back, what comes across is going to games make you attached to the club and to be fair I enjoy going as meeting up with family even though the football has been pretty dire since becoming hooked.
    Still I won’t be accused of being a glory hunter when the good times tetutn

And remember Chariton is for life not just Christmas :wink: .