Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do u do to relax and calm down

Comments

• Options

Walk and walk and walk until I forget why I am walking

It's spelled with an "n" mate
    what the fuck does "nalk" mean...
    Singular of norks
  • Options

Made me think, how do people on here relax and calm down if they have had a tough or busy day

• Options
    If you can't get the real thing then listening to videos of rain falling is weirdly soothing while working/relaxing/trying to sleep.

https://youtu.be/q76bMs-NwRk
  • Options
    I like to bake and find it very relaxing, particularly if I've had a bad week at work. I think it's due to having to follow recipes quite closely and measure ingredients out properly (much more important with baking than other general cooking), it makes you slow down, concentrate and forget about everything else. I put on some music, tie up my apron and get the mixing bowls out. You also get to eat cake/biscuits afterwards!

I'm not sure if you have access to a kitchen where you are (did you mention you were in a hostel?) so it may not be possible, but it's something to consider.
  • Options
    The hottest bath I can possibly endure, with some music on.

Steam room or sauna after the gym if I am able.

Go for a run.

Meet a mate for a beer and a spot of pool, allow conversation to be football related only.
  • Options

If you can't get the real thing then listening to videos of rain falling is weirdly soothing while working/relaxing/trying to sleep.

Always sleep well when it rains on our camping trips....just a bit of a pain when you need to go for a piss during the night.
  • Options

Wilma said:

I like to bake and find it very relaxing, particularly if I've had a bad week at work. I think it's due to having to follow recipes quite closely and measure ingredients out properly (much more important with baking than other general cooking), it makes you slow down, concentrate and forget about everything else. I put on some music, tie up my apron and get the mixing bowls out. You also get to eat cake/biscuits afterwards!

I'm not sure if you have access to a kitchen where you are (did you mention you were in a hostel?) so it may not be possible, but it's something to consider.

Gets more like a spanner forum every day.
    You won't want any of the delicious cakes that I make then?

:-)
  • Options
    Argue with someone.
    Argue with somebody else.
    Argue with everybody.
    I'm not sure I'm doing this right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    relaxation never used to be any sort of problem
    these last couple of weeks it's all flipped
    I've resorted to pints of red bull or monster to wash down fists full of proplus and the ex's diet pills while relentlessly chewing nicotinell (never been a smoker), just to get my heart rate down to 150 and take the edge off the headaches and irritability
    can't put my finger on what's gone wrong, what do I care about so much that it's driving me completely nuts...
    .. oh, hang on a bit...
  • Options
    Started cycling just after Xmas and find it very relaxing
  • Options
    I know this will surprise a few on here, but I just grab my dogs and walk them to our fields and watch them run. ;)
  • Options
    i have a big garden ..i disappear into it ..when i reappear (probably 5 hours later after a lot of hard physical work i am not stressed)
  • Options

Chat with wife

You find that relaxing?????

:-)
    I've managed to tame her a bit now (as long as she doesn't read this, I should be OK)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I’ll tell you what I don’t do, read the Duchatelet’s sale of Charlton thread.
  • Options
    Darts. I am down at the England open at Selsey. Spent today chalking the ladies British pentathlon had one of my most enjoyable darts days even it it was a long 6 hours of matches 20 of the best female dart players some cracking games now having a beer and getting ready for my turn tomorrow hoping to get through a few rounds against some of the big boys of the bdo lol
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Noisli great for that. Choose the type of sound you want and have it on in the background. They have an app too. Can't remember if you have to pay for the app though.
  • Options

Darts. I am down at the England open at Selsey. Spent today chalking the ladies British pentathlon had one of my most enjoyable darts days even it it was a long 6 hours of matches 20 of the best female dart players some cracking games now having a beer and getting ready for my turn tomorrow hoping to get through a few rounds against some of the big boys of the bdo lol

All the best for tomorrow @eddieaddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couple of beers sat on the bank of a lake trying to coax some fish out. Bliss!!!
  • Options

Head for the Scottish mountains. Where i am right now.

Should look where your going when your posting

Looks like you've fallen over - Could be fatal in the mountains
  • Options
    lolwray said:

i have a big garden ..i disappear into it ..when i reappear (probably 5 hours later after a lot of hard physical work i am not stressed)

Cracks one off in the shed
  • Options

Head for the Scottish mountains. Where i am right now.

Should look where your going when your posting

Looks like you've fallen over - Could be fatal in the mountains
    Nooo, just a break to use my highly sophisticated waterproof sandwich carrying bag.
  • Options
    Used to play golf, but after hitting my fifth shot in the same greenside bunker, having an attack of turrets and hitting my club against my bag repeatedly, I realized it possibly wasn’t working
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Had a really bad day today so much going on, no point lying I have been on Bet365 today.

• Options
    I watch the confessions of a window cleaner......... he never finishes cleaning the windows though.
  • Options
    Have a drink, listen to some blues and watch my tropical fish tank.
  • Options
    Take the dog for a walk and look for someone wearing a palarse shirt and punch them very hard