Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A2 Black Prince to Falconwood

13»

Comments

• Options
    Greenie said:

I'm on a speed awareness course in 2 weeks time....done for doing 37 in a 30 zone in my village. The regular speed camera had been out of action since xmas after a car had crashed into it & burnt it down (prob deliberate) & I didn't see a mobile unit hiding in the bushes by the school, just 200 yards from where it changes to 40 mph.Mind you it was half term so I expect I was endangering the wildlife or something.

Borough Green ?
    Yes.
  • Options

I'm on a speed awareness course in 2 weeks time....done for doing 37 in a 30 zone in my village. The regular speed camera had been out of action since xmas after a car had crashed into it & burnt it down (prob deliberate) & I didn't see a mobile unit hiding in the bushes by the school, just 200 yards from where it changes to 40 mph.Mind you it was half term so I expect I was endangering the wildlife or something.

What’s the situation regarding your insurance company? Are you supposed to let them know you’ve been done or is that only if you get hit by points?
    I think only if you get points. Will find out more in 2 weeks time.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Borough Green ?
    Yes.
    The Police are a bugger for that though, I go through there every morning, the mobile camera van is there various days at half term and some days during summer holidays, because they know the schools are off and the road is clear (its usually chocker at term time) so drivers go a couple of miles over sometimes and they raise some funds.
    Ironically when the schools are on, as I say, its rammed so no one can speed if they wanted to, but because its so busy, parents just drop their kids off in non parking places, I've lost count of the amount of kids nearly hit trying to cross the road, getting out of cars or cars nearly whacking each other as they jostle for position so the drivers can get to work on time.
    But its OK, they've got a speed camera to raise money, which obviously stops frustrated drivers doing idiotic things. FFS.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    The A2 is a nightmare
  • Options
    The underpass at the Danson interchange is a favourite place for the OB to hide with their speed guns.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Borough Green ?
    Yes.
    The Police are a bugger for that though, I go through there every morning, the mobile camera van is there various days at half term and some days during summer holidays, because they know the schools are off and the road is clear (its usually chocker at term time) so drivers go a couple of miles over sometimes and they raise some funds.
    Ironically when the schools are on, as I say, its rammed so no one can speed if they wanted to, but because its so busy, parents just drop their kids off in non parking places, I've lost count of the amount of kids nearly hit trying to cross the road, getting out of cars or cars nearly whacking each other as they jostle for position so the drivers can get to work on time.
    But its OK, they've got a speed camera to raise money, which obviously stops frustrated drivers doing idiotic things. FFS.
    next time you're passing you'll have to pop in for a cuppa.....I'm on the main road not far from the station .
  • Options

Greenie said:

Borough Green ?
    Yes.
    I like to imagine that a keen anarchist has vandalised that one as a act of protest against gatso
  • Options

nott been flashed or caught on either the A2 or M25 since variable / average speed cameras were introduced & I regularly go over the speed limit, but not above 60 on the A2 or 90 on the M25.

As noted the A2 cameras don't flash. Notices are automated. Nowadays consistent speeding is much more more likely to get you banned. Is it worth it?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

nott been flashed or caught on either the A2 or M25 since variable / average speed cameras were introduced & I regularly go over the speed limit, but not above 60 on the A2 or 90 on the M25.

As noted the A2 cameras don't flash. Notices are automated. Nowadays consistent speeding is much more more likely to get you banned. Is it worth it?
    yes, much better to go at 60 mph for a 2 mile stretch & then slam on your brakes causing carnage behind you....
  • Options
    Simply do half of your journey at 80mph and the other half at 20mph and then surely everyone's happy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had friend whose parents were unofficial average speed cameras. They lived down near Dartmoor. And they knew how long it should legally take to get from her house to their house.

She used to race down there, stop for a meal and a drink and drive the last few miles right on schedule.
  • Options
    Another driver at work got done recently in works van by the variable speed limit on the M25 recently
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Another driver at work got done recently in works van by the variable speed limit on the M25 recently

The variable speed limit is heavily enforced. If those signs on the gantries above the motorway have a speed limit showing, my advice would be to stick to that limit. There are cameras and they do work.
  • Options
    I used to work for company that designs/produces road based magazines, one of them is all about the technology, I was talking to one of my old colleagues over the weekend and he was telling me that the technology is not far off whereby Police/Speed enforcement agencies will be driving around in cars with a cameras facing froward with a beam bouncing of an oncoming car and the computer technology can determine the speed of the car x the speed of the police\speed enforcement car and issue tickets automatically. Expect to be really pissed off in about 2-3 years.
  • Options
    Just read that 'people' are stealing number plates in the Erith area, so they don't have to pay the Dartford Bridge Toll...
  • Options

Just read that 'people' are stealing number plates in the Erith area, so they don't have to pay the Dartford Bridge Toll...

Locals get reduced tolls not free crossings.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Locals get reduced tolls not free crossings.
    If they are using someone else's reg it's free.....