Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open 2018

124»

Comments

• Options

Took a 2 shot penalty (as rules state) and moved on, don't get why it's such a big fuss. He was about 15 shots off the lead so not really an issue.

And if, as someone said further up, he offered to withdraw but the USPGA wouldn't let him, then that should be a line drawn under it.

One moment of madness when he was clearly pissed off is hardly going to tarnish a 25+ year career.

I don't know if you play golf, but if you do perhaps the next time you are playing in a club competition & your ball is about to run off the green into a bunker then ask your playing partners if its ok if you run after it & wallop it towards the hole as you "don't want to mess around going backwards & forwards" & gauge their reaction.

I hope Mickleson gets dogs abuse from now on - just a shame the Ryder Cup isn't over here this September.
  • Options

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

Phil Michelson should never be allowed on a golf course again. Just because Trump cheats at golf he thinks it’s ok. He’s always been one of my golf favourites, but he’s dead to me now. Cheat.

what on earth has donald trump got to do with it???, for the record phil is quite outspoken on donald trump
    Dear oh Dear, that was tongue in cheek. Still both cheat at golf though.
    just a bit pathetic imo, and a needless remark anyway did you need to me to measure up for that woodwork??
    Your opinion is worth jack shit.
    what a lettuce, still sobbing because you made yourself look like a cock by making up fake stories about me?

Mate, you obviously worry about it, I had forgotten it. Grow up, move on, and stop trying to score brownie points when I post. In fact, you steer clear of me, and I will steer clear of you. Jog on.
    not worry about it you made something up basically called me lazy and workshy and didn't apologies for it, but yeah as you say do what you like, im not gonna have someone slag me off and not say a word back am i, can book us in for a roll around at macros if you want?
    Book it.
  • Options

Took a 2 shot penalty (as rules state) and moved on, don't get why it's such a big fuss. He was about 15 shots off the lead so not really an issue.

And if, as someone said further up, he offered to withdraw but the USPGA wouldn't let him, then that should be a line drawn under it.

One moment of madness when he was clearly pissed off is hardly going to tarnish a 25+ year career.

I don't know if you play golf, but if you do perhaps the next time you are playing in a club competition & your ball is about to run off the green into a bunker then ask your playing partners if its ok if you run after it & wallop it towards the hole as you "don't want to mess around going backwards & forwards" & gauge their reaction.

I hope Mickleson gets dogs abuse from now on - just a shame the Ryder Cup isn't over here this September.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

Phil Michelson should never be allowed on a golf course again. Just because Trump cheats at golf he thinks it’s ok. He’s always been one of my golf favourites, but he’s dead to me now. Cheat.

what on earth has donald trump got to do with it???, for the record phil is quite outspoken on donald trump
    just a bit pathetic imo, and a needless remark anyway did you need to me to measure up for that woodwork??
    what a lettuce, still sobbing because you made yourself look like a cock by making up fake stories about me?

Mate, you obviously worry about it, I had forgotten it. Grow up, move on, and stop trying to score brownie points when I post. In fact, you steer clear of me, and I will steer clear of you. Jog on.
    not worry about it you made something up basically called me lazy and workshy and didn't apologies for it, but yeah as you say do what you like, im not gonna have someone slag me off and not say a word back am i, can book us in for a roll around at macros if you want?
    Book it.
    You are the gift that keeps on giving.

GOLD.
  • Options

I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, as clearly it wasn't. And for sure if he was contesting for the lead then by all means be outraged. But he was so far back i think it was more a case of "fuck this, i can't be arsed" and he'd just had enough. Is it true he offered to withdraw and USPGA said no?
  • Options

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

Just as a matter of interest, are you sure I didn’t apologise?
  • Options

I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, as clearly it wasn't. And for sure if he was contesting for the lead then by all means be outraged. But he was so far back i think it was more a case of "fuck this, i can't be arsed" and he'd just had enough. Is it true he offered to withdraw and USPGA said no?
    doesn't matter if he was first or last playing in the US Open or in the monthly medal, he transgressed the rules. The rule the USPGA used is more about if your ball moves before striking it, either by you or by an outside source (wind generally) not hitting it when it is already moving & esp not when you are doing it to stop it going into a hazard, OOB or somewhere unplayable. He was cheating....plain & simple.

If I was Johnson (Beef to his friends & Mickleson's playing partner) I would have refused to sign his card stating that I have no idea what he scored on that hole.....or marked a ? on that particular hole.
  • Options

doesn't matter if he was first or last playing in the US Open or in the monthly medal, he transgressed the rules. The rule the USPGA used is more about if your ball moves before striking it, either by you or by an outside source (wind generally) not hitting it when it is already moving & esp not when you are doing it to stop it going into a hazard, OOB or somewhere unplayable. He was cheating....plain & simple.

If I was Johnson (Beef to his friends & Mickleson's playing partner) I would have refused to sign his card stating that I have no idea what he scored on that hole.....or marked a ? on that particular hole.
    If he broke the rules, I’d say you had a point
  • Options
    Loved Curtis Strange's comment.

If my son did that in a game with me, I would take his clubs away for two weeks.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It goes much further than not breaking the rules of the game imo, he acted completely outside the spirit of it and has brought one of the only sports that still prides itself on its competitors self disciplining themselves (snooker is the other cricket used to be but sadly is no more), into disrepute.

The ruling bodies now need to introduce a retrospective DQ punishment for similar indiscretions in the future. Furthermore the beer o'clock mob (as Luke Donald called them) that were verbally abusing the European players and Poulter in particular on Saturday, should have been outed as soon as they piped up, after all they don't get given a second chance at the Masters. Rant over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    figjam is arsehole for what he done but a bloody good player normally

It’s cheating it’s shitty and he riles people up the wrong way normally any way

A real marmite player
  • Options
    edited June 2018

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

March 23rd I posted

Yep apologies. Sincere apologies.

OK? I await yours.
  • Options
    Was Phil one of the players walking around in the Walker Cup about 10 years ago when our guys were lining up a putt?
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

March 23rd I posted

OK? I await yours.
    Already booked the car park soz
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Maybe the simple way to resolve it is to increase the penalty to 4 or 5 shots? A two shot penalty clearly wasn't enough to deter on this occasion.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

March 23rd I posted

OK? I await yours.
    Already booked the car park soz</

Your the sort of tw** who could turn me into a Palace supporter.
  • Options
    Not us open...

Casey needs a birdie....
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Not us open...

Casey needs a birdie....

f**ked it up. was 3 clear after his first 4 holes & a shot clear after 12. Bubba played really well but Casey did the usual thing & blew up.....can't stand the pressure poor lad.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Phil Mickelson has been making a mockery of himself and the sport again. How very dare he?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xF1C76I88&amp;feature=youtu.be