Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open 2018

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    BR3red said:

Bet the winner on the final round?

Could be anyone...

I'd say Brooks or DJ, at a push I'd go for Koepka. He's so cold and confident and got more than the game to handle it.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be Stenson or Rose (I have money on Rose). I enjoyed Henrik's accidental swearing yesterday.

I can't remember Berger starting so late in a major so I think he'll struggle, Finau has been there or thereabouts before. I like Finau, he seems like a really happy, humble guy. As a kid he practiced by hitting balls at a mattress https://www.golfdigest.com/story/my-shot-tony-finau
  • Options
    I'd like to see Rose win but I fancy Koepka will retain it. Just seen the Phil Mickelson incident, definitely should have been a DQ in my view.
  • Options
    After yesterday's bludgeoning, Fleetwood is now on for a potential 62...

• Options
    Finau

What a shot
  • Options
    Great finish to come me thinks....
  • Options
    With the nerves kicking in I wouldn't mind being in Tommys shoes at the moment
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Great effort by Tommy, but unfortunately i think Koepka will beat him.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

BR3red said:

Great effort by Tommy, but unfortunately i think Koepka will beat him.
    After that tee shot at 17 I agree

What nerves!
  • Options
    Justin Rose now out of the money for me! Got e/w 1-8 and guess what? After 17 he is T 10.

Typical!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil Michelson should never be allowed on a golf course again. Just because Trump cheats at golf he thinks it’s ok. He’s always been one of my golf favourites, but he’s dead to me now. Cheat.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    masicat said:

Phil Michelson should never be allowed on a golf course again. Just because Trump cheats at golf he thinks it’s ok. He’s always been one of my golf favourites, but he’s dead to me now. Cheat.

what on earth has donald trump got to do with it???, for the record phil is quite outspoken on donald trump
  • Options

masicat said:

what on earth has donald trump got to do with it???, for the record phil is quite outspoken on donald trump
    Dear oh Dear, that was tongue in cheek. Still both cheat at golf though.
  • Options
    Appalling behaviour and the USGA should have had the balls to DQ him. Also absolute bollox that he offered to withdraw but the USGA wouldn't let him.

I would expect him to get some stick from the crowd at Carnoustie.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Appalling behaviour and the USGA should have had the balls to DQ him. Also absolute bollox that he offered to withdraw but the USGA wouldn't let him.

I would expect him to get some stick from the crowd at Carnoustie.

Totally agree. This man is a stain on the sport. Just read this morning his nickname is figjam - f*** I’m good just ask me. He will live to regret this. Poulter got dogs abuse out there for no reason whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    masicat said:

masicat said:

just a bit pathetic imo, and a needless remark anyway did you need to me to measure up for that woodwork??
  • Options
    What did Mickelson do and don't say cheat ?
  • Options

What did Mickelson do and don't say cheat ?

• Options
    Took a 2 shot penalty (as rules state) and moved on, don't get why it's such a big fuss. He was about 15 shots off the lead so not really an issue.

And if, as someone said further up, he offered to withdraw but the USPGA wouldn't let him, then that should be a line drawn under it.

One moment of madness when he was clearly pissed off is hardly going to tarnish a 25+ year career.
  • Options

Took a 2 shot penalty (as rules state) and moved on, don't get why it's such a big fuss. He was about 15 shots off the lead so not really an issue.

And if, as someone said further up, he offered to withdraw but the USPGA wouldn't let him, then that should be a line drawn under it.

One moment of madness when he was clearly pissed off is hardly going to tarnish a 25+ year career.

this was a terrible open, look some of the scores and they are good players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It wasn't a birdie fest - that's for sure, and the pin placements on Saturday were bordering on a joke.

But the winner was 1 over so pretty much a level contest between player and course (a monster course that is only par 70).
  • Options

masicat said:

masicat said:

just a bit pathetic imo, and a needless remark anyway did you need to me to measure up for that woodwork??
    Your opinion is worth jack shit.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

It wasn't a birdie fest - that's for sure, and the pin placements on Saturday were bordering on a joke.

But the winner was 1 over so pretty much a level contest between player and course (a monster course that is only par 70).
    Indeed, it's part of the US Open's identity, check past winning scores (and the lack of fluke winners) on here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Open_(golf)

Make it a -10 or -15 under winner and it's exactly the same as the PGA. The course was pretty much fine besides a couple of dumb pin placements on Saturday. We get birdie fests almost every week, why shouldn't America's national championship be a tougher test?

Regarding Phil - I've been a fan for a long time and still am, yes it was outrageous & morally ambiguous but the game needs more characters. I find it all pretty funny, it's certainly not 'proper' golf but the sport will be poorer for it once he's gone. I don't think he takes himself very seriously.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

bobmunro said:

Indeed, it's part of the US Open's identity, check past winning scores (and the lack of fluke winners) on here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Open_(golf)

Make it a -10 or -15 under winner and it's exactly the same as the PGA. The course was pretty much fine besides a couple of dumb pin placements on Saturday. We get birdie fests almost every week, why shouldn't America's national championship be a tougher test?

Regarding Phil - I've been a fan for a long time and still am, yes it was outrageous & morally ambiguous but the game needs more characters. I find it all pretty funny, it's certainly not 'proper' golf but the sport will be poorer for it once he's gone. I don't think he takes himself very seriously.

Golf is one of the last really decent sports played by gentlemen. You would never see the great Jack Nicklaus do what Mickelson has done, or any other golfer . There was a huge problem years ago with Montgomerie and a ball placement at the Indonesian Open. I don’t think it came close to what happened at the weekend, but he was derided throughout the Sport. I bet Jack doesn’t comment on this.
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

what a lettuce, still sobbing because you made yourself look like a cock by making up fake stories about me?
  • Options
    masicat said:

RedPanda said:

bobmunro said:

Golf is one of the last really decent sports played by gentlemen. You would never see the great Jack Nicklaus do what Mickelson has done, or any other golfer . There was a huge problem years ago with Montgomerie and a ball placement at the Indonesian Open. I don’t think it came close to what happened at the weekend, but he was derided throughout the Sport. I bet Jack doesn’t comment on this.
    I know. Nor would you see Jack or Arnie wear a binder clip on their hat for 4 days at an Open, hit flop shots over people, ask their caddie to tend an 80 yard shot, or go to Krispy Kreme in a green jacket. Not to forget the (worst of all) insider trading scandal a few years ago: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/understanding-the-mickelson-case-why-lefty-got-lucky

It's Mickelson being Mickelson. He's notorious for calling rules officials over and trying to find loop holes. eg on Thursday he asked if a free drop was possible because he couldn't see his ball from above.

He knows these days he can get away with such questionable behaviour and on Saturday he totally took the p*** and he got away with it. People will dislike him even more now and that's fine but like most things he's done, it was bloody entertaining. We won't see another player as unpredictable as him for a long time.
  • Options
    All the great golf champions have used the rules to their own advantage at some point in their career, Speith did that drop to win The Open.
    Phil knew he was taking a two shot penalty and he wasn’t in the running anyway. It looks shitty but it’s allowed because of the rules so that’s really it.
  • Options

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

what a lettuce, still sobbing because you made yourself look like a cock by making up fake stories about me?

Mate, you obviously worry about it, I had forgotten it. Grow up, move on, and stop trying to score brownie points when I post. In fact, you steer clear of me, and I will steer clear of you. Jog on.
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

Mate, you obviously worry about it, I had forgotten it. Grow up, move on, and stop trying to score brownie points when I post. In fact, you steer clear of me, and I will steer clear of you. Jog on.
    GET A ROOM YOU TWO
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

masicat said:

not worry about it you made something up basically called me lazy and workshy and didn't apologies for it, but yeah as you say do what you like, im not gonna have someone slag me off and not say a word back am i, can book us in for a roll around at macros if you want?