Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Ezri Konsa signs for Brentford+++

Comments

• Options

sm said:
    I’m sure there’s a big sell on clause somewhere.

Yes. With Brentford.
    At least Daisy didn't do the negotiations, otherwise we'd probably be due to pay Arsenal.
  • Options
    sm said:
    I was always surprised there wasn't more Premier League interest in the summer. He'd come off a year where he'd played almost every game. I thought he was our best CB for long stretches, and that he and Bauer represented our best partnership through much of the year. He's very good on the ball and coming out with it, quick, and strong. He's 20 years old and he's English.

I'm really happy for him that the move to Brentford seems to have worked out so well. I thought he'd do well in the Championship, but not quite so well quite so soon. He's playing regularly for the U-21s, so there's not reason why a big club wouldn't come calling such the way things are these days.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Linked with a £12m to Wolves. Do we have a sell on clause?

• Options
    Katrien was right, we really were watching the premier league stars of the future
  • Options
    Is Konsa that good ?

I have seen most of our talent playing for our academies over the years and Shelvey, Parker, Gomez, Lookman, Aribo, Minto, Paul Elliott and even going back to Paul Walsh at 14, when I walked from my parents house in Sidcup to see Paul score a Hat-trick against Chelsea were easy to spot.

I have seen Konsa get bossed at CB, taken to the cleaners at RB playing for CAFC but still when he had time on the ball thought he could turn into a decent Championship player.

I like others on CL thought Cousins was a Championship player at best, even when Arsenal were reported to be interested.

Did I miss some thing with Konsa or is he good enough for Wolves ?

I can usually spot latent talent over many decades of watching Cafc.

I personally really think he is. I thought he was our best CB two years ago. His ability on the ball, his 1-v-1 defending, and his athleticism are all incredibly impressive. I think some here underrated him because he wasn't Joe Gomez and Gomez is so good, and also because he isn't the best in the air. But his heading improved, and the higher up in the game you go the less you need to be totally aerially dominant, and the more his stand out skills will matter.
  • Options
    Sounds like a smart signing all around. Especially with Wolves competing in the Europa League should have plenty of opportunities to play next season. Ezri seems to be following Harry Maguires career path.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Is Konsa that good ?

I have seen most of our talent playing for our academies over the years and Shelvey, Parker, Gomez, Lookman, Aribo, Minto, Paul Elliott and even going back to Paul Walsh at 14, when I walked from my parents house in Sidcup to see Paul score a Hat-trick against Chelsea were easy to spot.

I have seen Konsa get bossed at CB, taken to the cleaners at RB playing for CAFC but still when he had time on the ball thought he could turn into a decent Championship player.

I like others on CL thought Cousins was a Championship player at best, even when Arsenal were reported to be interested.

I didn't see 'it' with Konsa either. In his defense though he was thrown into the team very young and played alongside some very average players/under poor managers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    Linked with a £12m to Wolves. Do we have a sell on clause?

Surely not. #bobbins
  • Options
    Is Konsa that good ?

You missed Lee Bowyer
  • Options
    Yes we have always been a selling club but in the past it felt like we would lose one player at a time as they developed. You would look at the players who left over a period of ten years and think that would make a decent top flight side.
    But these days it's every transfer window a prospect leaves. Imagine the side we would have now if we'd kept the young players who have left over the last 3 or 4 years.
  • Options
    Is Konsa that good ?

I saw a lot of Konsa coming through, yes that was against players of his own age generally, but he was generally outstanding and eye-catching compared to the other players.
    What happens in men's football is that players are suddenly pitched in against wile, guile, and experience. Coping with that transformation is the key developmental moment.  Worth bearing in mind when assessing Lapslie and Morgan. People rushed to judgement about Dillon Phillips which was rather foolish.
    Kons is a very very good player, yet not as good as Gomez.
  • Options
    Is Konsa that good ?

You missed Lee Bowyer
    I meant to say etc  Because I knew I would miss quite a few out. Lee Bowyer, what a talent but naughty boy he was.

What ever happened to him ? Last i heard he bought a Fishing lake in France !
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    johnny73 said:
    Yes we have always been a selling club but in the past it felt like we would lose one player at a time as they developed. You would look at the players who left over a period of ten years and think that would make a decent top flight side.
    But these days it's every transfer window a prospect leaves. Imagine the side we would have now if we'd kept the young players who have left over the last 3 or 4 years.
                                  Pope.

Jenkinson.   Gomez.    Konsa.

Djiksteel.  Shelvey.   Aribo.  Cousins.  Palmer.

Lookman.   Grant

not a bad team of lads who have spent time in our academy and i dare say total value of the above if all sold in todays transfer market at value would be +£150M (Gomez alone has to be £75M)
  • Options
    Based on the fact he went to and scored in the PL, the other striker would have to be Grant surely? 
  • Options
    Konsa's got what Wolves want, which is the ability to be calm and measured on the ball. He's a big lad as well, so he's got some key attributes innately. After that his reading of the game, anticipation and positioning - which are the weaker parts of his game - can be coached far more than the other things he's lacking, so he could go on to be brilliant if he works hard and learns well
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Based on the fact he went to and scored in the PL, the other striker would have to be Grant surely? 
    Oops, completely forgot him. Editted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    johnny73 said:
                                  Pope.

Lookman.   Grant

not a bad team of lads who have spent time in our academy and i dare say total value of the above if all sold in todays transfer market at value would be +£150M (Gomez alone has to be £75M)
    Chris Solly at his peak from 2011-2013 was better thank Djiksteel imo
    Currently, yes. But Dijksteel will be better in the future imo
  • Options
    The incompetency by our regime is truly remarkable. Konsa is already worth 10 mill more than when we sold him, he goes to Wolves and has one good season 40 mill? Joe is worth at least 50 mill now easily.  We had potentially a 100 million pounds centre back pairing, good enough for the top 10 in the top flight and we got a combined fee of 7.5 mill for them? Can't think of many other clubs that would happen to, at our level anyway 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Katrien negotiated a boss deal with the Bees...  apparently WE owe them AND Wolves a fee for Ezra...

Footballing visionary is somebody elses useless silly twat in any language.
  • Options
    A Brentford work mate has been telling me how he has improved big time and hopes Brentford keep hold of him 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    A Brentford work mate has been telling me how he has improved big time and hopes Brentford keep hold of him 
    Cheers that answers my question.
    They bought on potential that he was of Championship standard, then by playing ever week in the same position instead of in out RB, CB bench, he has progressed so that Premier clubs may see a player there.

After the disappointing FA cup Quarter final display the only words I said to my son for the first hour after driving home from Sheffield was that Harry Maguire would play in the Premier and may be an England player some day.

Just never felt that Konsa would play above the Champ but if this Wolves deal go through he will.

The special one was so special that Jose Mourinho didn't have the ability to spot Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah were so special as they vied for player of the year that he let them both leave Chelsea without sending them both on loan for two years like Abraham's and Loftus-cheek have been dealt with. I would imagine Jose lack of seeing past the present season was the reason that Chelsea now keep players on loan for years and years.

• Options
    johnny73 said:
                                  Pope.

Lookman.   Grant

The incompetency by our regime is truly remarkable. Konsa is already worth 10 mill more than when we sold him, he goes to Wolves and has one good season 40 mill? Joe is worth at least 50 mill now easily.  We had potentially a 100 million pounds centre back pairing, good enough for the top 10 in the top flight and we got a combined fee of 7.5 mill for them? Can't think of many other clubs that would happen to, at our level anyway 

Its a joke what we get for our players , I mean if we add up every sale in the entire Academy’s history we probably wouldn’t make up to half of the £50m palace gonna get for Wan-Bissaka , yes they’re in the Prem but come on what a joke we are 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    johnny73 said:
                                  Pope.

Lookman.   Grant

Its a joke what we get for our players , I mean if we add up every sale in the entire Academy’s history we probably wouldn’t make up to half of the £50m palace gonna get for Wan-Bissaka , yes they’re in the Prem but come on what a joke we are 
    Without looking up the fees we received for each of those players in that line up Id say the club made about £20m - £25m from those players
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    The fees for Championship players have shot up in recent years. In the BBC Transfer rumours page for example there are these 2 mindboggling stories

Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn will be the subject of a bid from Manchester United, who will have to pay £50m for the 24-year-old Scotland international. (Sun)

Adam Webster could see his wages quadruple if he moves from Bristol City to Aston Villa, with the 22-year-old defender set for a £25m move to Villa Park. (Star)
  • Options
    On a day when our scummy mates down the road are looking to bring in around £100m it grates that once again we have given away a player being sold on for a huge profit. Surely, at some stage, the dickhead owner of our club will start to be embarrassed by how many time he has been legged over for millions. Players have to move on, totally get that. but Preston - Rangers - Brentford ??? FFS

• Options
    First start in the Premier League today against Wolves

Hasnt looked bad alongside Mings