Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

fixtures 18/19

2»

Comments

• Ross said:

Yet the winter break will be in February, so not much will change about December....

So the winter 'break' is two weeks.

The winter break doesn't come in this season does it? I assume that the two week gap in February is because the F A Cup is being played in the week between. This won't affect us because we aren't in the PL. And of course by then we won't be in the Cup either!
  • Yes, it comes in 19/20.

However, if there is a 2 week break, the matches that were due to be played by that team in those 2 weeks will need to be played somewhere else, causing further fixture congestion. Moving the FA Cup to midweek for one round won't solve the issue completely. The only way to solve it is to have the season start and finish a week earlier and later.
  • Anyone know when the winter break comes in?
  • Is there a winter break ?
  • Anyone know when the winter break comes in?

19/20 season in febuary i think
  • edited June 2018
    addickson said:

I'll miss Bury :-(
    Accrington looks a doddle to get to, but uncovered terracing means that it's always a gamble. Sunderland is also doable on a Sat afternoon. Would enjoy Wycombe, but would probably spend the day in the Mad Squirrel Brewery Tap and miss the game!

Drinking in Hemel Hempstead? It's over 30 miles away from Wycombe, you're nailed on to miss the match.
  • Also the winter break is going to be split I believe.

so 10 teams have 1 weekend off and another 10 have the following weekend.
    So there will still be 5 premier league matches each weekend.

That was originally the plan anyway, not sure if they've changed it

correct

On the first of these weekends they’re also trialing the Enhanced VAR system that uses a totally autonomical robot referee and linesdroid. On the second weekend they’re trialing two match balls at the same time and rush goalies.

Leave football alone you stupid fifa nobends