Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Costa Rica

Comments

• Options
    Yep
  • Options

Dizzle said:

She’s earned a follow on Instagram

I know what I’m up to after the game whilst the missus is watching love island...
    ?
  • Options
    Pope for England and Bolanos for Costa Rica on the same pitch last time that happened was a pre season friendly at welling
  • Options

On the whole a very good game. Good that the match has been played outside of Wembley. The atmosphere has been fantastic - and you don’t see all those empty corporate seats after half time. That makes me especially annoyed.

Yes. More England games outside of Wembley please.
    Been saying this for about 10 years. I’d rather treck up to Leeds etc than endure a Wembley experience. But ticket sales/money will talk.
    Agreed, I've never been to a stadium with such poor atmosphere as Wembley, and I've had 10 years of enduring excuses about "acoustics" at The Valley.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Pope for England and Bolanos for Costa Rica on the same pitch last time that happened was a pre season friendly at welling

... don’t think so mate

Wasn’t bolanos around the Dowie era?
  • Options

Dizzle said:

I know what I’m up to after the game whilst the missus is watching love island...
    ?
    You dont want him to draw you a picture...
  • Options

Dizzle said:

?
    Gonna have a nonce.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Mike said:

going well over the top on rashford here, after this season sterling should be starting all day long ahead of him

Your judging Sterling on his City form not his profligate England form of 2 goals in 38 games.
  • Options

Mike said:

going well over the top on rashford here, after this season sterling should be starting all day long ahead of him

Your judging Sterling on his City form not his profligate England form of 2 goals in 38 games.
    England's problem has been for years that we play the same people regardless of their club form - Stirling has had a fantastic season and is full of confidence. He is a must start for me
  • Options

Bolanos was 2006

Pope was 14 at the time
    Wow 12 years ago thought he looked really good in that friendly shame the move didn’t happen
  • Options
    Another enjoyable performance watching England. Really excited for the tournament start and England to play their opening game.

The front four of Kane, Alli, Lingard & Sterling (Rashy) looks brilliant. I really enjoy their movement with and without the ball.

It’s coming home, it’s coming, footballs coming home.
  • Options
    Pickford
    Trippier Walker Stones Maguire Rose
    Henderson Delph
    Alli
    Kane Sterling/Rashford

That team could do well
  • Options
    Of course I'm not going to get carried away by a friendly win, but England were very very good tonight!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Pickford
    Trippier Walker Stones Maguire Rose
    Henderson Delph
    Alli
    Kane Sterling/Rashford

That team could do well

I'd be tempted to go with Alexander-Arnold over Tripper and Dier over Henderson

Whats lovely is the fact that neither Trippier or Henderson deserve to be dropped though

Hope Southgate has plenty of paracetamol - Have absolutely no expectations in this World Cup and wont be surprised if we crash out in the Group Stages yet will be really disappointed for squad and Southgate because for once you can really see everyone trying to get onboard with the direction that England are trying to move in
  • Options

commentators don't half talk bollocks... derrrr I wonder why the best player in the world might have played more minutes than anyone else..?

Rui Patricio is the best player in the world?
  • Options

Anyone else been kicked out the living room and watching via tablet cos of love island?

Nope still rule the house here...
    Maybe I should ask your missus that lol
    Seeing she's gone upstairs to watch it ;)
    Which one has William thats the big question
    Haha he was watching England but fell asleep so is now in his cot - Loves his Football though :)
    You called your boy William? Proper name that. Like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My XI based on what I've seen has to be

Any Goalie, all 3 are probably good enough
    Walker Stones Maguire
    Trippier RLC Hendo Delph
    Alli
    Kane Rashford

Then that leaves a bench of attacking options like Lingard, Sterling, Vardy and Young. Not bad at all
  • Options
    50/50 whether we make it to the quarters in my opinion. Anything past that is a bonus given that we'd likely have to play Brazil or Germany there.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Other than Rashford having a great game, as well as a good handful of others impressing, overall it was just nice to watch an England game and performance that worked, flowed and you can see the direction we are trying to go in.

I like the fact that Southgate has a system, a way he wants to play, believes in that and his philosophies and the players know their jobs. The formation is adaptable with and without the ball. But to me the most important part of a coaches ideas and systems is knowing it inside out, believing in it and not changing because of pressure elsewhere. Good on him.

A couple of things about the set up tonight was interesting. One tactical element that means a specific position in the starting line up, Rose or maybe even Delph needs to play at left wing back. Preferably Rose. We are much more balanced, much more dangerous and can spread the play, making the pitch big. Playing Young means we come back into a congested midfield and slows the tempo down.

Second one was that with Henderson, it seemed we played with one pivot and this allowed Delph and Loftus-Cheek to push on and us to have a four including the wing backs in front of Henderson and behind Rashford and Vardy, and with Rashford dropping off, we really dominated the game.

I really like Delph so he has to be a serious option in midfield, he adds something different and worked well with Rose, Henderson, Loftus-Cheek, and Rashford tonight.

Much prefer Henderson to Dier. Not that I don’t like or rate Dier because I do, he’s a very good young player that plays week in, week out for a side that has been one of the most consistent in the Premier League for a few years. But Henderson showed he can pass forward and done that with great skill at times. Thought his presence really helped Alexander-Arnold too.

Sterling has had a fantastic year for Man City and on that form does deserve a place in the team for England, but at the same time, is that enough? Does he suit that position better than Rashford? For me that is the hardest call.

Would feel comfortable with both Pickford and Butland in goal. Doesn’t bother me either way, both good, young keepers that can go on a become very, very good keepers.

That’s why I like @Laddick01 team so much.

I would go with that team as well, but maybe one other change to accommodate Sterling and Rashford if need be, would be for Alli, as we could change to a 541 without the ball if we are under the cosh.

Pickford/Butland
    Walker Stones Maguire
    Henderson
    Trippier Alli Delph Rose
    Kane Sterling/Rashford

Pickford/Butland
    Walker Stones Maguire
    Trippier Henderson Delph Rose
    Sterling Rashford
    Kane
  • Options

Bolanos was 2006

Pope was 14 at the time
    Ideal age for the catholic Priest
  • Options

Macronate said:

The fit blond bird looks bored shitless!

Gorgeous blonde behind the 4th official...

Macronate said:

Blonde lady when they cut to the subs.

Emma Jones... She's the Leeds version of Olly Groome I think
    In that case, can we swap?
    Cant... No one will ever hear whats being said
    Dirty Leeds. Hopefully
  • Options

Cracking body. Face off of Easter Island.

So you’re saying you wouldn’t?