Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milky tea...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ever tried boiled milk in tea, like the frothy stuff for coffee? Oddly it’s not great.. milk in the cup first when using a teapot, the reverse when tea bag. Very particular about my tea especially when abroad (yuck) as it’s a different strength I think perhaps so it can be drunk black.
  • Options

To eliminate scum in tea move to a soft water area.

I reckon my solution is a bit cheaper...

https://uk.russellhobbs.com/russell-hobbs-products/kettles/white-kettles/purity-plastic-white-kettle-22851-7977
  • Options

Or just dont drink tea with your Millwall supporting neighbours?
  • Options
    Milk last, anything else is heresy
  • Options
    I used to have a 'Teasmade'. The idea was that it would make you (and your partner) a nice pot of tea in the morning, and wake you up when it was ready.
    Unfortunately it was so noisy it would wake you up as soon as it started boiling up the water.
    Oh, and the tea was always awful.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

I reckon my solution is a bit cheaper...

https://uk.russellhobbs.com/russell-hobbs-products/kettles/white-kettles/purity-plastic-white-kettle-22851-7977
    Think of the planet...
  • Options
    Milk first, otherwise you get scum floating on the top.
  • Options
    PWR ... Put a dash of milk in first otherwise you’ll end up with a scummy film on the top
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I used to have a 'Teasmade'. The idea was that it would make you (and your partner) a nice pot of tea in the morning, and wake you up when it was ready.
    Unfortunately it was so noisy it would wake you up as soon as it started boiling up the water.
    Oh, and the tea was always awful.

Was it a Goblin one?

Queue @DaveMehmet in 5, 4, 3.....
  • Options
    Milk first and me and the wife share one teabag thats partly down to me being tight as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Milk first and me and the wife share one teabag thats partly down to me being tight as well.

can't remember the actual price of teabags but i'm sure you can get 80 for around £2.40.....so 3p each

I can only assume you're very, very tight.
  • Options
    Filtered water in the kettle? Would that get rid of scum?
  • Options
    Either, doesn't matter as long as it's strong enough.
  • Options

clb74 said:

can't remember the actual price of teabags but i'm sure you can get 80 for around £2.40.....so 3p each

I can only assume you're very, very tight.
    Its the elfsborg effect
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

JohnBoyUK said:

The only time you should put milk first in a cup/mug is when making instant coffee.

Instant coffee ??????

Can such poverty really exist ?
  • Options
    Finally a subject I know something about!

I'm a tea addict, there, I've admitted it. Is 20+ mugs a day considered an addiction?

Anyway...... so much depends on your choice of tea;

Teabag in cup means milk last
    Teabag (or loose Tea) in a pot, means milk first (in the cup of course). And don't forget with loose tea, it's a spoon per cup and one for the pot.

More important is which tea, unless you are getting all modern flavoured then of the general/reasonable priced brands IMHO Yorkshire Gold is the best.

other points to note;

1. Always use fresh water in the kettle, NEVER re-boil.
    2. If making a pot then warm the damn thing first and use a cosy once made
    3. If in a hard water area, descale the kettle weekly or at a push bi-weekly.
    4. If making with a tea bag in a cup, add milk BEFORE you remove the teabag.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Finally a subject I know something about!

I'm a tea addict, there, I've admitted it. Is 20+ mugs a day considered an addiction?

Anyway...... so much depends on your choice of tea;

Teabag in cup means milk last
    Teabag (or loose Tea) in a pot, means milk first (in the cup of course). And don't forget with loose tea, it's a spoon per cup and one for the pot.

More important is which tea, unless you are getting all modern flavoured then of the general/reasonable priced brands IMHO Yorkshire Gold is the best.

other points to note;

1. Always use fresh water in the kettle, NEVER re-boil.
    2. If making a pot then warm the damn thing first and use a cosy once made
    3. If in a hard water area, descale the kettle weekly or at a push bi-weekly.
    4. If making with a tea bag in a cup, add milk BEFORE you remove the teabag.

I would constantly be pissing myself, I can barely manage three good cups a day.
  • Options

I'm pathetically particular about my tea so it's always:

1. Remove any existing water from the kettle
    2. Add fresh water
    3. Boil
    4. Add boiling water to tea bag already in cup/mug and stir
    5. Leave for 3 - 5 minutes
    6. Stir, add milk, remove bag and enjoy

I don't understand why this thread it still going. Addick in SW16 solved it on like the fourth post. The rest of you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.