Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kids On planes

2»

Comments

• Dont worry CL. There will be another mole hill to make a mountain out of anytime soon...

Who gives a flying fuck anyway?

This ten times over.
    Neither of you seems to understand today's internet.
  • edited June 2018
    With Kirsty, as ever, it’s location, location.
    Personally, I think she should sit next to her kids whatever class of seat.
    But it’s her choice. It looks a bit mean, but maybe it’s fine. But who knows, i’ve never met the showbiz estate agent or her kids!
  • iainment said:

Dont worry CL. There will be another mole hill to make a mountain out of anytime soon...

Who gives a flying fuck anyway?

This ten times over.
    Neither of you seems to understand today's internet.
    For me you're dead right I'm afraid.
  • Don't have a view on a topic that doesn't interest me you mean. perfectly right for you to think it is a waste of time discussing it, but surely you can just ignore the thread!
  • I went to Fuertaventura a few years ago. I had a child sitting in front of me screaming his head off for the entire 4 hour flight and guess who was sitting in front of me and screamed his head on the return journey !! You’re supposed to come home stress free from holiday ... :angry:
  • _MrDick said:

I went to Fuertaventura a few years ago. I had a child sitting in front of me screaming his head off for the entire 4 hour flight and guess who was sitting in front of me and screamed his head on the return journey !! You’re supposed to come home stress free from holiday ... :angry:

Where on earth did you get the idea that you come home stress free from a holiday FFS! Especially one involving flying.

As you don’t like being in close contact with families I would suggest you either don’t fly or spend the extra for a more comfortable seat up front.

Have you thought of SAGA cruises? Could be what you are really looking for!
  • _MrDick said:

I went to Fuertaventura a few years ago. I had a child sitting in front of me screaming his head off for the entire 4 hour flight and guess who was sitting in front of me and screamed his head on the return journey !! You’re supposed to come home stress free from holiday ... :angry:

I scream back at thier parents for 4 hours.

• When my kids were 12 and 10 there is no way I would have been happy to leave them in somewhere else on the plane - I couldn't trust them! I'd have visions of being met by the police on arrival.
  • clb74 said:

_MrDick said:

I wondered where the kids got the idea from!

You two chaps need to do a bit of research into noise cancelling headphones or spend your holidays on a coach trip around Torquay. Apparently they do a nice cream tea in those parts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

_MrDick said:

Where on earth did you get the idea that you come home stress free from a holiday FFS! Especially one involving flying.

As you don’t like being in close contact with families I would suggest you either don’t fly or spend the extra for a more comfortable seat up front.

Does that mean you go on holiday with a woman with autism?
  • edited June 2018

Redrobo said:

_MrDick said:

If the plane crashes, you have slightly more chance at the back though!
  • I have no problem with babies or toddlers crying cos of the air pressure etc.

I do hate parents who just let their kids act like Chucky on meth though. But of course their little darlings are just cute, funny etc etc to them.

That said, that's not just on planes.
  • Redrobo said:

clb74 said:

_MrDick said:

You two chaps need to do a bit of research into noise cancelling headphones or spend your holidays on a coach trip around Torquay. Apparently they do a nice cream tea in those parts.
    Your probably right.
    A question id like to ask though.
    For those on here with young children going or gone on a 4+ hour flight?
    If your child has spent the 4 hours screaming on the plane can you happily sit there and the child screaming not bother you?
  • The story is a different issue to kids on planes, it is more about equality within the family. Like going into an ice cream parlour and buying yourself a knickerbocker Glory and only letting your kids have a scoop of vanilla because you couldn't afford it. Whereas you all having a scoop of vanilla to save money wouldn't be an issue at all!

What does annoy me is a baby or toddler on a long haul flight. I know it is necessary sometimes, but 9 hours plus of a baby or young child screaming really does take away your will to live.

Not sure this is anything to do with being able to afford the tickets, she doesn't want to spoil her kids, which seems reasonable enough. Surely the answer is to sit with them in economy, it's a family holiday!!
    Yeah Stu, but if the voluptuous KA sits in economy with her brood she risks bumping into #OrmistonAddick or his ilk who will be drooling and making improper suggestions, which would be much worse for her youngsters than 4 hours watching films. Plus while KA is away from them up in business she'll get a much more refined brand of attention from admirers who better appreciate her plummy tones and public school tastes.
  • Redrobo said:

clb74 said:

_MrDick said:

I invested in a good set of Bose noise cancelling headphones after sitting through an 11 hour flight from Paris to San Francisco with a screaming toddler in Premium Economy.

Now Imtake them everywhere as it really is a blessing being able to travel while listening to my music and not other people.
  • I can't wait to take my 18 month old twin boys on flights to Greece and Dubai this year. Might do an Allsopp
  • The parents of children who run up and down the aisle and constantly kick the seat in front want shooting though.
  • clb74 said:

Redrobo said:

clb74 said:

_MrDick said:

Your probably right.
    A question id like to ask though.
    For those on here with young children going or gone on a 4+ hour flight?
    If your child has spent the 4 hours screaming on the plane can you happily sit there and the child screaming not bother you?
    No idea if they were screaming or not, I was up front with Kirsty!
  • Sponsored links:

• Being of childish mentality I always like to book me and my child behind the extra leg room smart arses.

It gives me an enormous sense of satisfaction that they have paid for this special seat and have a child bouncing on the back of there seat for the entire journey.

I know I know sad as it is
  • I like to keep the children entertained on long haul telling them, I can do better than a window seat, but you might need a hat and scarf. ;)image