Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goalkeeper coach Lee Turner leaves and expected to join Millwall

Comments

• Options
    Don't blame anyone for leaving. We're a shitshambles at the moment.
  • Options
    Probably Aussie GK coach and Aussie keeper...maybe Adam Federici
  • Options
    Until the club is sold expect more people to find employment elsewhere.
  • Options
    Chalk up another recruitment/retention blunder to roly's toxic pantomime.
    From LT's point of view hopefully he won't have to paddle around in the ordure at the toolbox for too long before finding himself an even better promotion.
    He can't be blamed for taking the opportunity as it came along. His success with Charlton over the last couple of years is a very rare point of light in the dark and smelly fiasco. Credit to him for staying as long as he has amid the omnishambles we have become.
    At least Charlton won't have to try to score past LT's next student, for a year at least, any crumb of comfort must be sought in these bleak times.
  • Options
    Clearly not the most loyal is he? While we joke about Schwarzer etc. there’s a good chance the Aussies do have a coaching lineup already in mind, even if Jacko and Bowyer are worked in to it already.
  • Options

From LT's point of view hopefully he won't have to paddle around in the ordure at the toolbox for too long before finding himself an even better promotion.
    He can't be blamed for taking the opportunity as it came along. His success with Charlton over the last couple of years is a very rare point of light in the dark and smelly fiasco. Credit to him for staying as long as he has amid the omnishambles we have become.
    At least Charlton won't have to try to score past LT's next student, for a year at least, any crumb of comfort must be sought in these bleak times.

Will be adding that to my collection of sh*tty words.

Many thanks.
  • Options

Will be adding that to my collection of sh*tty words.

Many thanks.
    Ordure, a new word learnt for me as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Bosnich is a fat egotistical wank stain of a human. If that prick becomes a coach at Charlton the club can fuck right off. Bosnich is, and I quote an Australian saying, a shit. And I make no apologies for my language regarding that muppet.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ozaddick said:

Bosnich is a fat egotistical wank stain of a human. If that prick becomes a coach at Charlton the club can fuck right off. Bosnich is, and I quote an Australian saying, a shit . And I make no apologies for my language regarding that muppet.

So in a nutshell, you don't like him!!
  • Options
    that just about sums up the toolbox, sorry BBW
    add to that when the away loos are shut and the place is on lock down for 30 mins after the match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

Very good coach and popular character. Very annoyed at this one

Mark Bosnich or Mark Schwarzer anyone?

More likely Bouncer the dog
  • Options
    barstool said:

that just about sums up the toolbox, sorry BBW
    add to that when the away loos are shut and the place is on lock down for 30 mins after the match

No need to apologise. I see it as a, potentially, astute move by us. Especially considering that he worked with Pope and also how Amos came along from looking a bit dodgy prior to being loaned to you.

I'd be a bit aggrieved if I were you, too.
  • Options
    He's not been with us very long. Odd choice to go Millwall though. One of the most irrelevant football clubs in the south.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

He's not been with us very long. Odd choice to go Millwall though. One of the most irrelevant football clubs in the south.

• Options
    PopIcon said:

A well run championship club or a fucked up league one club.
  • Options

WTF is going on at the club ??

Have you been living on Mars for the last four years?
  • Options
    Am I alone in thinking so what? Our journeyman goalkeeper coach leaves and takes up employment elsewhere - big deal!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    so its either go to a team in a higher division with a solid set up or stay in a lower division in a symbolic set up----go figure
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ozaddick said:

Bosnich is a fat egotistical wank stain of a human. If that prick becomes a coach at Charlton the club can fuck right off. Bosnich is, and I quote an Australian saying, a shit . And I make no apologies for my language regarding that muppet.

He speaks well of you.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ozaddick said:

When our firm got taken over, around the time Bosnich played for Villa, the new HQ was in Birmingham. When HR came down to introduce us to our new masters, Bosnichs' stag do was used as an example of what you couldn't put on expenses. Think details appeared in the tabloids, quite a night by all accounts......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

Very good coach and popular character. Very annoyed at this one

Mark Bosnich or Mark Schwarzer anyone?

More likely Andy Petterson
    Please god, no!
  • Options
    Has Deano got an Australian passport ?
  • Options
    Tut tut tut
  • Options
    Don't care
  • Options
    Has anyone suggested Schwarzer yet? ;)
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Bosnich is a fat egotistical wank stain of a human. If that prick becomes a coach at Charlton the club can fuck right off. Bosnich is, and I quote an Australian saying, a shit. And I make no apologies for my language regarding that muppet.

what he do nick your last line.
  • Options

Am I alone in thinking so what? Our journeyman goalkeeper coach leaves and takes up employment elsewhere - big deal!

Yes(ish). I'm sad to see him leave, but when he arrived here I don't recall an ecstatic reaction when he replaced Ben Roberts

Lee Turner does have a good relationship with Ben Amos, the two worked together at Bolton as well, sometimes players and coaches click in a way that wouldn't work with a different pairing
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Isn't that what you want though in a goal keeping coach. Someone who has been around the block a few times and faced clubs at different levels with different defences and opposition with different attack strategies so that you gain a wide level of experience - to pass on the best coaching?