Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup 2018 - Betting thread

Comments

• Spain to win World Cup 6/1

Ronaldo top scorer 14/1 & Dries Mertens e/w 66/1

Denmark to get knocked out in the QF 9/2

14/1 currently looking like a great price!
  • Ronaldo is about the only bloke I haven't backed for top scorer. Idiot.
  • Messi to score 2 or more 5/1 at Betfair.
  • Got Messi to score, 2.5 goals and 10+ argie corners 18-1
  • fuck this. in last 18 hours I've needed the player with the worst disciplinary record in the whole tournament to get booked. Nope. The best player in the world to score one frigging goal. Nope.

No more world cup bets for me i'm done.

• Don’t like putting winners up after the event but thank you William hill for the free fiver bet.
    image>

Nice one
  • clb74 said:

Don’t like putting winners up after the event but thank you William hill for the free fiver bet.
    image>

Nice one
    One for the good guys
  • edited June 2018
    Just walked past a William Hill,
    Massive sign in Window
    Germany and Brazil to win both matches to have over 1.5 goals 2/1.

Just thought I would put it out there as that seens like easy money(i wont be betting on it for obvious reasons)
  • Don’t like putting winners up after the event but thank you William hill for the free fiver bet.
    image>

Bloody hell, now that is impressive.

Congratulations!
  • Sponsored links:

• Just walked past a William Hill,
    Massive sign in Window

Just thought I would put it out there as that seens like easy money(i wont be betting on it for obvious reasons)

A fair price on Germany and over 1.5 is about 4/5.

A fair price on Brazil and over 1.5 is about 3/4.

Combine the two and you get a fair price of a shade under 9/4.

So not the worst bet in the world but the bookies still have their margin priced in there. :-)
  • Just joined Coral as they were offering a new customer bet of 50/1 on Serbia, Germany and Brazil to win today. Only allow a pound bet though.
  • Think Mexico are worth a small amount at 15/2...

Should've done more!
  • nice one Callum glad somebodies winning mate!

Excellent pick mate. Wouldn't have had that in a million years
  • Bet 365 will be singing in the streets of Stoke tonight!

Brazil AND Germany fouling up...
  • Just walked past a William Hill,
    Massive sign in Window

Oh Paulie!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Went for a long shot bet at 100/1 at £5

De Bryune, Coutinho, Ronaldo, Messi and Eriksen to all score outside the box.

Coutinho & Ronaldo have so far so come on you 3 and pull ya finger out!!
  • Also De Bryne to outside the box and Lukaku to score a header @ 6/1. only a 5er but a good chance.

I used one of my free 10 quid bets on William Hill at 7/1, also thought it was good value for a side like Mexico
  • Used my weekly free £5 Skybet on Kane to score a header and England score a penalty 50/1.
  • Used my weekly free £5 Skybet on Kane to score a header and England score a penalty 50/1.

What price Kane to score a penalty with a header?
  • edited June 2018
    has anyone tried the paddy power 1 million pound drop thing? You get one free go, a million quid, 20 yes or no questions about games (eg mexico germany will both teams score? and you lock in the money on what you think will happen, if you're right you keep that money to the next round) keep as much money as you can and win whatever you have at the end of the 20 questions and you are allowed to split the money between both options.

I only discovered this yesterday but I have managed to keep the million up to question 4 so far - I worked out that technically if I get to question 6 and then split the money in half for every question after it it's a garaunteed 75 quid which ain't bad for a freebie -of course your eyes light up when you get higher up so it's whether you have the nerve to go for higher or play it safe after that!

Its a really fun way to "bet" though I must admit.

My million at the moment is on the line I need no goals for the first 34 minutes in the Korea Sweden game.
  • Lost 75% on question 1
    Lost 75% on question 2
    Lost 75% on question 3

How to go from a million to 15k in 3 simple steps
  • tricky next question for me... Belgium/panama will there be a goal in the first 24 minutes.

Tempted to split 50/50 and hope for a more clear cut next question (although that will be on the England game :s )the way i'm looking at it I need to go all in on at least 2 more questions to get a result - would be happy with 75 quid ish for a free punt though.
  • tricky next question for me... Belgium/panama will there be a goal in the first 24 minutes.

Tempted to split 50/50 and hope for a more clear cut next question (although that will be on the England game :s )the way i'm looking at it I need to go all in on at least 2 more questions to get a result - would be happy with 75 quid ish for a free punt though.

All in on yes, Belgium should breeze past Panama and they will want to get off to a quick start.
  • Personally think Belgium will get an early goal. I think the England game will be something like England to score 3 or more, maybe goal in first 24 minutes again