Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best way to Wembley?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018

Thanks for all your help, crazy how many different potential ways to get there. In true CL style after reaching out for advice I’m ignoring every single suggestion :-)

Have plumped on Charing x / Covent Garden to spend a couple of hours first. So looks like it it will be tube from Charing X to Baker St then jump on the met line

Might do Wembley Stadium to Marylebone post match

Wembley Stadium to Marylebone is definitely the way to go after, as the queues are far shorter.
    Although, it helps if you're near the Wembley Stadium exit and don't have to go half way round the perimeter.
  • Options
    Best way to Wembley?

Practice.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Davo55 said:

Loads of places just outside the stadium to get refreshments.

@AFKABartram
    We go here
    http://www.eccolacafepizzeria.com
    every time we go to Wembley. The pizzas are very tasty, perfect for kids, and it's not expensive.
  • Options
    Hope you both had a good day mate
  • Options
    Most pertinent thing on this thread has been finding out @LargeAddick is an Ed Sheehan fan.
  • Options

Best way to Wembley?

Practice.

Avoid Belgian networks.
  • Options

Cheers all for your advice, had a cracking day.

Hard to disagree with those saying about using Wembley Stadium Station post game back to Marylebone. We got a bit lucky with times but we left out seat in the stadium after the full time whistle at 7.10 and I was sitting on my settee in Sidcup at 8.30, fantastic. Queued at stadium for less than five mins and that was due to them only having 2 Oyster readers.

Went Covent Garden / TGIs before and even the tubes through Baker St were fine / not really busy. We got seats on every train & tube we got yesterday, which surprised me with the crowd 70k plus.

My boy loved it all, so ‘first England game / Wembley experience’ in the archive will have a big tick next to it.

Now you know the best way for when Charlton get there.
  • Options
    Don’t expect my memory to be that good to be honest Elf’s :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FA Cup final
  • Options

My boy loved it all, so ‘first England game / Wembley experience’ in the archive will have a big tick next to it.

I love stuff like this. It will stay with your boy for the rest of his life mate! I rememember as clear as day my first trip there in1979 as a 12 year old with my late Dad to watch England v Bulgaria in a Euro qualifier (postponed on the Wednesday night due to fog! Played the next night). It was Hoddle's debut and he scored a beauty in a 2-0 win.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HNUicLvnvy8
  • Options

The Wetherspoons at Baker Street is decent for a stop off. You can then get the faster Metropolitan Line trains to Wembley

This.

The Met Bar is family friendly during the day and you are right above the Metropolitan at Baker Street for a faster train to Wembley

• Options

Don’t expect my memory to be that good to be honest Elf’s :-)

Oh ye of little faith.
  • Options

Hard to disagree with those saying about using Wembley Stadium Station post game back to Marylebone. We got a bit lucky with times but we left out seat in the stadium after the full time whistle at 7.10 and I was sitting on my settee in Sidcup at 8.30, fantastic. Queued at stadium for less than five mins and that was due to them only having 2 Oyster readers.

Went Covent Garden / TGIs before and even the tubes through Baker St were fine / not really busy. We got seats on every train & tube we got yesterday, which surprised me with the crowd 70k plus.

Nice one, we went to TGI's before my daughter's first game too.

I'll never forget my first England game, against East Germany in '84.