Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Marshall told he can leave

Comments

• Never lived up to the hype when he was signed. Early season injury may have played a big part in this but I'm of the opinion he was just past his sell by date when he joined us. Defensively sound offensively a massive disappointment.
  • so 2 of KR's "rebuilding" have shown to be flops (Reeves & Marshsll)

well done you fat scouse chancer..

Yeah Fosu, Amos, JDS, Page and JFC are all shit aswell.

One of KR's best attributes was his ability to spot a decent player. And how many on here though Marshall and Reeves were poor signings last year?
    Amos & JDS are loanees so don't really count. JFC is ok, but as a profesional sportsman who trains every day his set pieces are next to useless. If he was a professional golfer whose tee shots regularly didn't make the fairway then he woukdn't earn a living.

Out of all the permanent players he brought in only Fosu & Clarke could be called success. Page is half decent but not see enough of him to judge sufficiently.

so 2 of KR's "rebuilding" have shown to be flops (Reeves & Marshsll)

well done you fat scouse chancer..

Yeah Fosu, Amos, JDS, Page and JFC are all shit aswell.

One of KR's best attributes was his ability to spot a decent player. And how many on here though Marshall and Reeves were poor signings last year?
    Amos & JDS are loanees so don't really count. JFC is ok, but as a profesional sportsman who trains every day his set pieces are next to useless. If he was a professional golfer whose tee shots regularly didn't make the fairway then he woukdn't earn a living.

Out of all the permanent players he brought in only Fosu & Clarke could be called success. Page is half decent but not see enough of him to judge sufficiently.
    I don't think it's fair to say they don't count if they are loanees. At the end of the day, you build the best squad you can given your resources and if some of them are on loan and do the job, then the manager has done their job.

I appreciate we never got promoted and Robinson has to take some of the responsibility for that, but signing players is something he did well IMO
  • Odd really

He guided Bradford to the playoffs as player of the year in 2017.

I met the chairman of Bradford at Ascot last summer and he was gutted that he left.

I had really high hopes but he seemed to be a yard of the pace all season?

Charltonised as usual I suppose.
  • Mark Marshall was superb for Bradford against Charlton in the match at Valley Parade in the 2016-17 season. I think this was because Bradford pinged the ball out wide to him quickly, rather than passing it sideways for 5 minutes between their back 4 and a deep lying midfielder. He terrorised whoever played left back that day - don't think it was Fox, could have been Konsa, Chicksen or a
    youth teamer.

I'd keep him, but it seems something has gone wrong with him and the management. Shame really, as he could definitely do a job in my opinion.

Great point!
  • Stuart McCall said on the radio we trebled his wages, plus he came back down south. Both options Bradford couldn't compete with, so if he don't want go!
  • I’d like us to keep hold of him. We haven’t really seen too much of him in his favoured posistion- wide right in a 4-4-2. Robinson takes a lot of the blame for Marshall struggling IMO - then again he takes the blame for a lot of what happened last season.

His season was a bit stop start from the off.
  • edited June 2018
    Well.....he actually may not want to leave.
    He’s on good money and is living back in London which is what he wanted.
    We have said ‘he can leave if he wants to’, which isn’t quite the same as being on the transfer list.......so maybe he doesn’t want to?
    Just a thought.
  • I'm sure we never saw the best of him following that long term injury on day one.

The thing I liked about him was he took responsibility on the pitch. He wasn't all about making himself look good or flash like Kai Kai, but was always prepared to put in a shift with the less glamorous stuff and provide cover. I thought we were a 'safer' bet with him in the side. I would have preferred him stay another season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've taken it to mean that either MM or his agent have asked questions about who will be in charge/MM not being involved in the play offs and the club (whoevers turn it is to be in charge this month) have said if he wants to leave he can. that doesn't mean we will be paying up his contract or even that we wouldn't demand a fee, just that if he wants to find himself a new club he can without risk of anyone being accused of tapping him up.
  • Reading between the lines it would seem that he threw a wobbly at not being in the starting line up for the run in and playoffs and shot his mouth off maybe?
    This eventually led to him not even being in the squad.
    It must be said he was something of a disappointment and speaking for myself he won’t be missed that much.
    This is just my opinion based on something I’ve heard.

He should've started though.
    And done what? Especially in the second leg. He would be a decent League 1 winger if we had others around him who could create, and I think he was unlucky to miss out in the first leg to help protect the RB, but when we needed to go for it in the second leg then I don't believe he should have started
    Is his name Kaikai? On that basis, give him game time.
    Kaikai started neither aswell
    But did play.
  • Just a thought, (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this already):

Marshall is still under contract, so unless we have already selected a new manager (and I include LB in this), no-one is going to tell him he can go are they? It would require a manager's approval.

Ergo, we have a new manager, probably LB, as LB dropped Marshall for the playoffs.

I rest my case.
  • JamesSeed said:

Just a thought, (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this already):

Marshall is still under contract, so unless we have already selected a new manager (and I include LB in this), no-one is going to tell him he can go are they? It would require a manager's approval.

Ergo, we have a new manager, probably LB, as LB dropped Marshall for the playoffs.

I rest my case.

That is the point I have been making - somebody has to sanction something like this!
  • JamesSeed said:

Just a thought, (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this already):

I rest my case.

That is the point I have been making - somebody has to sanction something like this!
    'Somebody' being the key word, don't believe it has to be the manager @JamesSeed. If working with a Director of Football and Recruitment set up, the 'Head Coaches' don't normally make the recruitment decisions. Not that any Head Coach or Manager under RD got what they wanted anyway without interference.
  • Player asks his agent whether, within the terms if his contract, he can leave, if another club wants to buy him.

Agent tells him of course he can.

Player tells journalist he's been told he can leave.
  • Chizz said:

Player asks his agent whether, within the terms if his contract, he can leave, if another club wants to buy him.

Not what happened in this case.
  • Chizz said:

Player asks his agent whether, within the terms if his contract, he can leave, if another club wants to buy him.

What has happened in this case @Airman Brown ?
  • Chizz said:

It’s not my story to tell, but I know it didn’t start with Mark Marshall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Sue Parkes told him he was free to leave.
    Perhaps he beat her to the food :smiley:
  • All these secret posts are bollox.
    If you know something say it
    If not stop posting as if you do.

Said what I know, which is that the story didn’t come from Marshall and isn’t being driven by him, as was being suggested. I can’t explain why I know that because it would breach a confidence.
  • ahhhhhhh its that known unknown issue if you know you know
  • ross1 said:

Chizz said:

Sue Parkes told him he was free to leave.
    Perhaps he beat her to the food :smiley:
    He must be getting his pace back if he can beat Sue to the vol au vents.
  • All I know is that he was upset to miss out on the playoffs, as you would be I guess.
  • Read between the lines- Airman Brown is new manager.

Assistant manager. He doesn't have the badges to be manager.
  • Old school thinking is that if a player has only 1 year left on a contract you either extend it or if a player does not agree, sell. Usually not worth letting a player run down a contract and club gets nothing.
  • Old school thinking is that if a player has only 1 year left on a contract you either extend it or if a player does not agree, sell. Usually not worth letting a player run down a contract and club gets nothing.

15 of our 20 first teamers are in the last year of their contract IIRC