Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football to Amsterdam - Team Addicks

Comments

• Onlyme said:

I’m sure @swisdom said he was up for doing it this time.

I did. My doctor, wife and kids aren’t quite as keen on it.

• Thank you so much for my first donation. :)
  • As Charlton red as I could get;

• I fancy this but I just rinsed everyone I know for the London to Brighton BHF and I fear @T_C_E might lamp me :wink:
  • @TCE
    Yes your page is great.
    Now click on the link below
    https://www.justgiving.com/companyteams/cafcaddicks
    And there is an option to join the team. Press that and it will register you to join the Team Page.
  • T_C_E said:

Tracey said:

@TCE If you click the link @Rob7Lee put up for the Justgiving page you will see on there a link to click to join the page. You have to have a Justgiving page set up to join.

I think I've done it correctly @Tracey ;)
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ray-bates1
    He's in! :wink:

Just to keep the sponsoring web page on the most recent post, fill your boots Addicks!

https://www.justgiving.com/teams/cafcaddicks
  • Yea, just got to start all over again. See results of a scan on ligament damage this week and hopefully I can get back out on a more forgiving MTB to start with. But thanks to all for the sponsorship and the encouragement to get involved. :)
  • Fumbluff said:

I fancy this but I just rinsed everyone I know for the London to Brighton BHF and I fear @T_C_E might lamp me :wink:

No your all right, Ive damaged my arm playing with my dogs. I find a picture to show you which one it was. ;)
  • T_C_E said:

Yea, just got to start all over again. See results of a scan on ligament damage this week and hopefully I can get back out on a more forgiving MTB to start with. But thanks to all for the sponsorship and the encouragement to get involved. :)

You need a road bike!!
  • Rob7Lee said:

T_C_E said:

Yea, just got to start all over again. See results of a scan on ligament damage this week and hopefully I can get back out on a more forgiving MTB to start with. But thanks to all for the sponsorship and the encouragement to get involved. :)

You need a road bike!!
    I have one. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

Fumbluff said:

I fancy this but I just rinsed everyone I know for the London to Brighton BHF and I fear @T_C_E might lamp me :wink:

No your all right, Ive damaged my arm playing with my dogs. I find a picture to show you which one it was. ;)
    You could just say left or right ffs
  • We’ve only got a handfull of ‘Lifers’ signed up at the moment . Anyone else considering doing it?
    We are looking to improve in numbers from last time.
    You won’t regret it.
  • Onlyme said:

We’ve only got a handfull of ‘Lifers’ signed up at the moment . Anyone else considering doing it?
    You won’t regret it.

I think it’s a Mod’s duty - @AFKABartram should lead by example here,
  • Rob7Lee said:

Onlyme said:

We’ve only got a handfull of ‘Lifers’ signed up at the moment . Anyone else considering doing it?
    You won’t regret it.

I think it’s a Mod’s duty - @AFKABartram should lead by example here,
    He’s already in training

• Can't see that @AFKABartram or any other mods have sign-up yet :neutral: but bumping up for anyone who wants to donate to a great cause. Plenty of people yet to receive any sponsorship, so go take a look and get them underway!
  • @Tracey has just tweeted we now have 40 entrants for next year. :)
  • Plenty of slip stream then for me and you Ray!!

40's great though,
  • Do you reckon if we ask nicely, they'll ride 38 abreast and past @Greenie house. ;)
  • T_C_E said:

Do you reckon if we ask nicely, they'll ride 38 abreast and past @Greenie house. ;)

Why not the more the merrier!
  • Just giving this a bump, still plenty of time to find the change down the back of the sofa and donate.

https://www.justgiving.com/teams/cafcaddicks

if you do very kindly wish to maybe get some of the guys and girls started who haven't got much yet.

Also we are looking for shirt sponsors for the ride, so if anyone has or knows of a company that may be interested (company logo's on the shirt) please let myself of @Tracey know.

Happy Friday all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Christmas Bump,

Also did anyone else get their Prostate cycling jersey and Chocolate orange?
  • I got the jersey, no chocolate orange though... raging... typing a complaint letter after this...;)
  • Chocolate orange was tasty :wink:
  • Completely missed this mate, just donated
  • Thanks @cabbles

My mate delivered me a turbo trainer (he tests for cycling mags) as cycling in this weather is not much fun. How’s everyone else’s training going?
  • No training yet, the bike remains in the shed, at least until the equinox
  • Rob7Lee said:

Thanks @cabbles

My mate delivered me a turbo trainer (he tests for cycling mags) as cycling in this weather is not much fun. How’s everyone else’s training going?

Got up to 30 miles on the bike, now starting again after illness and injury. :(
  • Rob7Lee said:

Thanks @cabbles

What if the weather's not much fun on the day? Will you turbo then?

• Rob7Lee said:

Thanks @cabbles

Are they ok to use or not the same as road riding?
  • T_C_E said:

Rob7Lee said:

Thanks @cabbles

Are they ok to use or not the same as road riding?
    Not exactly the same unless you spend £1k+ - but pretty good for getting your legs in shape.