Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Radio 1 Breakfast Show

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018

Radio 1 died years ago when Nick grimshaw was given the breakfast show. If if want a good station switch to radio x

If you hate music but love the sound of Moyles voice.
    Bit odd to say if you hate music. I love music and radio x plays some of the best music around. I'm all ready at when when chris moyles is on sadly but I do like the sound of his voice. He is only on for 3 1/2 hours so you have 20 and a half hours to enjoy with other djs
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options

Riviera said:

Only a shame that just as the Simon Mayo Drivetime show has been ruined, Greg James is moving too.

Journeys home will have a lot less decent choice, unless Radio 2 change their mind about the Mayo/Whiley show before September.

Greg James is better than Nick Grimshaw and Chris Evans though so good for the mornings.

Tonight's is a shocker. Simply no chemistry between them. The slickest 2 hours of radio is now the most disjointed 3 hours.
    Not sure how their show has progressed but I listened when they had their first show and they had zero zero chemistry. Sometimes it can work like Edith bowman and Colin Murray had one of the best chemistry on the radio growing up with the early afternoon show. But whiley and Mayo, it’s like the two are nice people but clearly don’t rate each other professionally and personally and have zero in common.
    Jo Whiley’s shows have always been dull as ditch water, even just the odd 5 minutes I would hear when tuning in for Mark and Lard used to my swede. She’s an irrational hatred of mine. Have stopped listening to the confessions podcast because of it.
    used to hate her "changing tracks" segment on the late morning show. Always read things in her... really... depressing way and... everything she said was at... this pace.
  • Options

Radio 1 died years ago when Nick grimshaw was given the breakfast show. If if want a good station switch to radio x

Bit odd to say if you hate music. I love music and radio x plays some of the best music around. I'm all ready at when when chris moyles is on sadly but I do like the sound of his voice. He is only on for 3 1/2 hours so you have 20 and a half hours to enjoy with other djs
    Moyles is known for playing less music than most.
    He starts at 6.30 but the first song is played at 7.15

I listen to radio x because I like the genre of music rather than specifically for a DJ

Moyles is ok, the rest of the breakfast show team make it a good listen. He's my least favourite of the team though. He can do no wrong in the eyes of some and is a waste of space to many too
  • Options

love moyles, but might be cos i grew up with him, can see why people cant stand him though.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I listen to Absolute or X, but I can't abide Vaughan or Moyles and have to switch over, rather than listen to their arrogant, smug, conceited, boring, unfunny nonsense.
  • Options

I listen to Absolute or X, but I can't abide Vaughan or Moyles and have to switch over, rather than listen to their arrogant, smug, conceited, boring, unfunny nonsense.

Couldn't agree more. Cannot understand how Vaughan still finds work as never hear anyone say they like him. Moyles is a complete knob. It's a shame as Radio X play good music but will never listen to these 2 morons
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I left Radio1 when Noel Edmonds was doing breakfast and switched to Capital Radio 194. Graham Deane, Michael Aspel, Dave Cash, Roger Scott was the daily line up from 6am-7pm. Good evening shows with Nicky Horne and The Kid!

In those days “The Kid” supported QPR.
  • Options
    6, 2 or 4 in our house.
  • Options
    Liked Moyles and also Kevin greening and Zoe ball.
    Favourites were mark and lard but the breakfast show just wasn’t the right slot for them. Some of the features in their afternoon show had me in bits. One man and his frog, tug of peace and marks vinyl collection being favourites.
    Stop! Carry on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Liked Moyles and also Kevin greening and Zoe ball.
    Favourites were mark and lard but the breakfast show just wasn’t the right slot for them. Some of the features in their afternoon show had me in bits. One man and his frog, tug of peace and marks vinyl collection being favourites.
    Stop! Carry on!

Waaaarp!

• Options
    Radio X lost a lot when it stopped being XFM. Moyles is unlistenable for me, but I absolutely love John and Elis.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Riviera said:

Only a shame that just as the Simon Mayo Drivetime show has been ruined, Greg James is moving too.

Journeys home will have a lot less decent choice, unless Radio 2 change their mind about the Mayo/Whiley show before September.

Greg James is better than Nick Grimshaw and Chris Evans though so good for the mornings.

Tonight's is a shocker. Simply no chemistry between them. The slickest 2 hours of radio is now the most disjointed 3 hours.
    Not sure how their show has progressed but I listened when they had their first show and they had zero zero chemistry. Sometimes it can work like Edith bowman and Colin Murray had one of the best chemistry on the radio growing up with the early afternoon show. But whiley and Mayo, it’s like the two are nice people but clearly don’t rate each other professionally and personally and have zero in common.
    Jo Whiley’s shows have always been dull as ditch water, even just the odd 5 minutes I would hear when tuning in for Mark and Lard used to my swede. She’s an irrational hatred of mine. Have stopped listening to the confessions podcast because of it.
    I don't think it's irrational...it is based on the fact she is crap in so many ways (unless you like brown nosing over some obscure band or text her that you are picking the kids up from brownies / ballet so she can rabbit on in her own monotone style about the parent taxi (and don't forget to tell her what tribe you are in...aaarrgghhhhh))....
  • Options
    I've never warmed to Jo Wiley

I thought Chris Moyles was excellent when he did the really early morning stuff. I'm the van we would have that on then over to kiss 100 for Bam Bam and streetboy. That was good radio
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more on Jo Whiley and it is not improving, in fact the show may be getting even worse. If they felt they had to have a woman co-presenting for whatever reason why did they chose her when they already had Zoe Ball and Sara Cox at the station?

Liza Tarbuck is also a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine on a Saturday evening and she does play some really interesting music too.
  • Options
    I don't get the love for Simon Mayo. He has sounded bored for 25 years.
  • Options
    I used to listen to Christian O’Connel when he did XFM breakfast show years ago.
  • Options
    I actually quite like Jo whiley. Her TV show was shit though.
  • Options

Couldn't agree more on Jo Whiley and it is not improving, in fact the show may be getting even worse. If they felt they had to have a woman co-presenting for whatever reason why did they chose her when they already had Zoe Ball and Sara Cox at the station?

Liza Tarbuck is also a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine on a Saturday evening and she does play some really interesting music too.

Urgh, Zoe Ball ain't much better. I do like Sara Cox though. I have a bit of a thing for incredibly northern sounding women.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Sara Cox is simply delightful in every respect. Love her new late night LIVE show on Radio2. Like Zoe too, always so cheerful and a great stand in for Sir Ken. Liked Jo on her own show too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As an aside for all of the cricket lover on here, Greg James does an excellent cricket podcast with Jimmy Anderson and Felix White for Five Live.

It’s called ‘Tailenders’ and the great thing about it, is that it is not solely aimed at cricket nerds like myself, but a much broader audience whom may only have a fleeting knowledge of the game
  • Options

As an aside for all of the cricket lover on here, Greg James does an excellent cricket podcast with Jimmy Anderson and Felix White for Five Live.

It’s called ‘Tailenders’ and the great thing about it, is that it is not solely aimed at cricket nerds like myself, but a much broader audience whom may only have a fleeting knowledge of the game

It is cringeworthy trash for old cricket trads like me I'm afraid.
  • Options

Journeys home will have a lot less decent choice, unless Radio 2 change hheir mind about the Mayo/Whiley show before September.

Totally agree with this. The best show on there, before Joe Whiney got moved in there. My drive home is now accompanied only by the sound of my engine.............
  • Options
    Shaun Keaveny on 6Music is the breakfast show of choice in the Rothko household, will be great to get Lauren Laverne in from January. No longer will I have to choose between her and James O'Brien at 10.
  • Options
    I remember when they used to play records on the Radio1 Breakfast Show.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Shaun Keaveny on 6Music is the breakfast show of choice in the Rothko household, will be great to get Lauren Laverne in from January. No longer will I have to choose between her and James O'Brien at 10.

Thanks Rothko for the bad news, having been away mid August and even listening to SK since returning I didn’t know anything about this.

I read your post and thought LL’s odds were short for the Radio 2 show. It quickly dawned on me that you didn’t mean that and Shaun was on the move. Gutted, my favourite show. I love Mark and Lard but I guess those hours need freshening up.

Mary Ann Hobbs though, the dour professional northerner. Will swerve that.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Thanks Rothko for the bad news, having been away mid August and even listening to SK since returning I didn’t know anything about this.

I read your post and thought LL’s odds were short for the Radio 2 show. It quickly dawned on me that you didn’t mean that and Shaun was on the move. Gutted, my favourite show. I love Mark and Lard but I guess those hours need freshening up.

Mary Ann Hobbs though, the dour professional northerner. Will swerve that.
    Keaveny is moving to the afternoon slot on 6Music. Shame he won't be on in the mornings but at least he's not off the station altogether
  • Options
    as some have said above liza Tarbuck is very entertaining and i like her eclectic choices of music

fro the mainpart we play golden oldie internet stations at home
  • Options
    Carter said:

I've never warmed to Jo Wiley

I thought Chris Moyles was excellent when he did the really early morning stuff. I'm the van we would have that on then over to kiss 100 for Bam Bam and streetboy. That was good radio

Streetboy! That was some funny shit, although they took it way too far sometimes!