Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zidane - Quits Madrid

Comments

• Options
    All makes sense now, thats why the takeover is dragging on!
  • Options

Finally a job big enough for Sol Campbell.

Nah even that job is probably too small for the great Sol Campbell
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Have always expected Pochettino to go there but hasn't he just signed a new contract?

And Levy probably added a massive "buy out" clause too.
    I'm pretty sure I read from one of the more reliable sources that Poch signed under the condition he had permission to speak to either Real or PSG should they come in for him.

Fcuksake.
    if he does go you could get Wenger in?
    Ha, can you imagine. Jeez...
    No need. If you lose Pochettino, fear not - Villas-Boas is available.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Have always expected Pochettino to go there but hasn't he just signed a new contract?

I'm pretty sure I read from one of the more reliable sources that Poch signed under the condition he had permission to speak to either Real or PSG should they come in for him.

Fcuksake.
    if he does go you could get Wenger in?
    Ha, can you imagine. Jeez...
    No need. If you lose Pochettino, fear not - Villas-Boas is available.
    As is Tim Sherwood.

Highest win percentage yadda yadda yadda.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Fcuksake.
    If that's true then it's not impossible that he becomes Real Madrid's manager this summer... To be honest I never liked watching Spurs until he went there. Liked watching his Southampton team, too. One of my favourite managers now. I saw on Wiki this week that his win ratio at your club is 55%? That is truly impressive. And he hasn't spent an awful lot of money has he? If he does go one day (and looks like he definitely will in future), he'll be a very tough act to follow.
  • Options

He'll show you that you were WRONG to doubt his Managerial talents...

Look at his weasel face! Twat
    Kind of feel sick seeing that photo.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

JohnBoyUK said:

Fcuksake.
    If that's true then it's not impossible that he becomes Real Madrid's manager this summer... To be honest I never liked watching Spurs until he went there. Liked watching his Southampton team, too. One of my favourite managers now. I saw on Wiki this week that his win ratio at your club is 55%? That is truly impressive. And he hasn't spent an awful lot of money has he? If he does go one day (and looks like he definitely will in future), he'll be a very tough act to follow.
    Agree with this, Southampton and Spurs both great to watch under him - especially off the ball.

Who takes over at Spurs if he goes?

• Options
    Wenger to Spurs would be incredible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A contract is only worth the paper it's written on
  • Options

End of page 2 and nobody has mentioned Big Sam yet?

I'd love to see that.

There's not enough gum in Madrid for that.
  • Options
    Perhaps dear Roly can recommend one of his former Network Managers to head up Real Madrid.
  • Options

Wenger to Spurs would be incredible.

he could be their Sol Campbell !
  • Options

I'd love to see that.

Or...

Been linked with them before

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03d47qt/player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expected Pocchetino to leave Tottenham this summer before he signed a new contract. Maybe all this was pre planned & will mean Spurs get more compensation if he goes to Real Madrid? I wouldn't rule it out. Levy is a very shrewd man!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I'd love to see that.

Or...

Been linked with them before

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03d47qt/player
    Got the moves like Jagger...
  • Options
    cabbles said:

"President Florentino Perez has admitted the club were not prepared for this decision and do not have clear idea yet who will succeed him."

Think Zidane is just burnt out and wants a year or two break before coming back.

Wonder if they'll turn to Wenger in the meantime. Conte, Pochettino or Guti could do it as well.

Quite pleased about this. Good to see someone walk out on them
    Very true. Love the fact that Perez is so stunned by his decision to leave at the top. Let's be honest here, if Real had gone out to Juve or Bayern, then Zidane would've been sacked.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    It's odd really because even though his side has won 3 Champions Leagues back to back, I don't think they will go down as one of the all time great sides - as the achievement might suggest they should.

They've underachieved in all other areas on the whole, and ultimately haven't changed the way the game is played like truly legendary sides of the past (Barcelona, circa 2011 being the most recent).

Had he not won this competition 3 years on the bounce he would have probably been out of a job a long time ago.
  • Options
    Media here see main contenders as being Pochettino, Klopp and Joachim Low.
  • Options

Media here see main contenders as being Pochettino, Klopp and Joachim Low.

Klopp would be a good shout imo. Strangely, and given all the stick I’ve given him over recent years, I think Wenger would do a good job there
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It's odd really because even though his side has won 3 Champions Leagues back to back, I don't think they will go down as one of the all time great sides - as the achievement might suggest they should.

They've underachieved in all other areas on the whole, and ultimately haven't changed the way the game is played like truly legendary sides of the past (Barcelona, circa 2011 being the most recent).

Had he not won this competition 3 years on the bounce he would have probably been out of a job a long time ago.

Taking over that Real team and continuing to win trophies isn't the hardest job in the world

Zidane as a coach will only be rated with the best coaches if he can create a team or style of football
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I don't see Zidane as a coach, more a man manager and tactician.
    Just what Real needed when he came in. They've got the star players and big egos just needed Zidane to get them working.
    I'm not convinced Zidane would be able to get anywhere near that level with any other clue team, I think Madrid was the perfect place for him and nothing else will come close.
    I think the France job is similar to Madrid, just need someone to organise the endless supply of superstars.