Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Perry street, Chislehurst incident

13»

Comments

• Options

Chizz said:

imo the most important aspect is the fact there was £400k in cash. In this day & age there in no reason why there isn't a bank account & all monies, be it school fees or even school trips are paid direct.

not just money laundering issues but also terror related issues.

Can you expand on the link you're drawing between a pile of cash and "terror related issues"?
    Bit of a leap but 'bladed weapons' might go some way to adding to the debate.

Of course, he may have just been good at saving money, not trusting banks/building societies and having a keen interest in collecting the weapon of choice for terrorists that have committed atrocities on the streets of London in recent times.....all on school property.

All hypothetical and probably a non smoking gun, obviously.
    As usual, you've deliberately missed the point of the question.

• Options
    As usual - lol
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

imo the most important aspect is the fact there was £400k in cash. In this day & age there in no reason why there isn't a bank account & all monies, be it school fees or even school trips are paid direct.

Can you expand on the link you're drawing between a pile of cash and "terror related issues"?

Of course, he may have just been good at saving money, not trusting banks/building societies and having a keen interest in collecting the weapon of choice for terrorists that have committed atrocities on the streets of London in recent times.....all on school property.

As usual you don't want further context added, your lordship.

As usual you claim that, when someone attempts to reason with your diversionary tactics, they have missed the point.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

As usual you claim that, when someone attempts to reason with your diversionary tactics, they have missed the point.
    The question wasn't aimed at you. And, although you had a go at answering it, you missed the point.

I'm sure @golfaddick will answer it if he wants to. And I'm certain he doesn't need anyone to speak for him. I simply asked him to expand on his conflation. But you decided to reply, and your response shed more heat than light. As usual.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

The question wasn't aimed at you. And, although you had a go at answering it, you missed the point.

I'm sure @golfaddick will answer it if he wants to. And I'm certain he doesn't need anyone to speak for him. I simply asked him to expand on his conflation. But you decided to reply, and your response shed more heat than light. As usual.
    I'll stick the 'The question wasn't aimed at you' and the 'I'm certain he doesn't need anyone to speak for him' lines when you next chirp up with your indignation filled responses to questions that weren't aimed at you.

Hypochizzical in the extreme.
    He's done you there Jizzer.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I'll stick the 'The question wasn't aimed at you' and the 'I'm certain he doesn't need anyone to speak for him' lines when you next chirp up with your indignation filled responses to questions that weren't aimed at you.

Look, I'm sorry if you're hurt. Of course you can answer the question I put to @golfaddick - it's just your first attempt fell well wide of being an answer. And, as it was a question aimed to enable @golfaddick to explain what *he* meant, it would be better if he were to answer it himself, if he wants to.

Of course, if you think you know what he meant better than he does, then go ahead and fill your boots.

In @golfaddick's opinion, the most important aspect is the £400k in cash. So, as that is the case, I asked if he can explain what he meant by "not just money laundering issues but also terror related issues".

It's easy to see how a big pile of cash found at a privately-funded school could be linked to money laundering. But, on what basis, @golfaddick are you linking a pile of cash found in a school to terror related issues, and which ones?
  • Options
    Lots of houses in Chislehurst probably have £400k in cash laying around somewhere.

Some of it might even be legitimate!
  • Options

Lots of houses in Chislehurst probably have £400k in cash laying around somewhere.

Some of it might even be legitimate!

I find that second statement very hard to believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Look, I'm sorry if you're hurt. Of course you can answer the question I put to @golfaddick - it's just your first attempt fell well wide of being an answer. And, as it was a question aimed to enable @golfaddick to explain what *he* meant, it would be better if he were to answer it himself, if he wants to.

Of course, if you think you know what he meant better than he does, then go ahead and fill your boots.

In @golfaddick's opinion, the most important aspect is the £400k in cash. So, as that is the case, I asked if he can explain what he meant by "not just money laundering issues but also terror related issues".

It's easy to see how a big pile of cash found at a privately-funded school could be linked to money laundering. But, on what basis, @golfaddick are you linking a pile of cash found in a school to terror related issues, and which ones?
    Hurt? :lol: Again, nice deflection attempt.

If you wish/choose to ignore the 'bladed weapons' that were also found with the money then that is your prerogative.

Add the weapons, money and religious persuasions of those involved and it would be very easy to link it to potential terror related issues.
    Thanks for your permission to ignore the "bladed weapons" (although, of course it was unsolicited and not required). For what it's worth, I'm not ignoring it. I am asking a question about a post in which it was deemed not to be the most important aspect.

I will have another go at explaining to you, the question I posted to @golfaddick. He stated that the most important issue is the cash. He may have very good reasons for thinking that. And, as he's someone who knows far more about money than most people (certainly more than I do; probably more than you do), I was interested in his comment. Because, if the police raid a premises and find a gun, knives and cash, it's not the cash that would seem to me to be the most important issue.

But, maybe @golfaddick has thought that the gun, being a toy, is not so important. And maybe he's thought that knives being found in a flat is not uncommon. (I lived in a flat close to the school in question for a while. It had many knives in it. As well as a similar number of forks and many more spoons).

So, as @golfaddick has knowledge of the subject - money - and he thinks it's "the most important aspect" and has gone on to say "not just money laundering issues but also terror related issues", I was interested in knowing what he meant by linking cash found in a public school to "terror related issues".

You may know what he meant by that; but I am not interested in your answer. I would be interested to know what he thinks though. If that's ok with you.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Hurt? :lol: Again, nice deflection attempt.

If you wish/choose to ignore the 'bladed weapons' that were also found with the money then that is your prerogative.

Add the weapons, money and religious persuasions of those involved and it would be very easy to link it to potential terror related issues.
    Thanks for your permission to ignore the "bladed weapons" (although, of course it was unsolicited and not required). For what it's worth, I'm not ignoring it. I am asking a question about a post in which it was deemed not to be the most important aspect.

I will have another go at explaining to you, the question I posted to @golfaddick. He stated that the most important issue is the cash. He may have very good reasons for thinking that. And, as he's someone who knows far more about money than most people (certainly more than I do; probably more than you do), I was interested in his comment. Because, if the police raid a premises and find a gun, knives and cash, it's not the cash that would seem to me to be the most important issue.

But, maybe @golfaddick has thought that the gun, being a toy, is not so important. And maybe he's thought that knives being found in a flat is not uncommon. (I lived in a flat close to the school in question for a while. It had many knives in it. As well as a similar number of forks and many more spoons).

So, as @golfaddick has knowledge of the subject - money - and he thinks it's "the most important aspect" and has gone on to say "not just money laundering issues but also terror related issues", I was interested in knowing what he meant by linking cash found in a public school to "terror related issues".

You may know what he meant by that; but I am not interested in your answer. I would be interested to know what he thinks though. If that's ok with you.
    I got about 4 words in and came to the very easy conclusion that your word salading is only reinforcing my previous posts.

Hypochizzical.
  • Options
    Bet there's more laundered dough in houses in Southall
  • Options

Let's be thankful for that.
    The same cannot be said about Mr Anthony Blair.

?
    He's just odd, ignore him.
  • Options
    A beautiful British school.
    Is this what is meant by educating children in the use of knives ?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Chizz said:

I thought it was common knowledge that money laundering helps fund terrorism?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/655198/National_risk_assessment_of_money_laundering_and_terrorist_financing_2017_pdf_web.pdf

I read it as the the link he's drawing is that:
    1- The guy had £400k in cash.
    2- It's unusual to have such a pile of cash.
    3- There's potential he has so much cash because it's off to be laundered/is cash that has been laundered.
    4- Money Laundering has been linked to terrorism for years.

1- £400k 'pile of cash' -> 4- Terrorism
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    A - Bet you wouldn't say that to the people in houses round here who have all got £400k stuffed under the bed though would ya? Oh no, pick on us just cos the headmasters son had a weapons stash under the bed next to the dough
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    B - Oh, have all the other house in the area been turned over by 30 armed police an all then?

A - You're just a Islamaphobe.

B - I'm not I'm Labour, I'm completely on your level.
  • Options

B - Oh, have they been turned over by 30 armed police an all then?

A - You're just a Islamaphobe.

B - I'm not I'm Labour, I'm completely on your level (unless you’re a filthy Jew).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or sweaty
  • Options
    Bloody hell, get ready for the apocalypse, I'm actually with @Big_Bad_World in parts on this one.

It's completely fair enough to bring up the bladed weapons. However, it's someone's flat, so that (of course) could just mean cooking knives and the like.

To answer Chizz's question, though, the 400k in cash is of concern because of the huge concerns surrounding hawala and money-laundering for terrorist gain.

Everything at the moment is pretty circumstantial, though. So while there are rightly suspicions, it's going to be pretty unhelpful to cast aspersions - even in a very roundabout manner like Big_Bad_World does:

Fine to have those suspicions in this instance, but... Come on, is that comment in any way constructive?
  • Options
    I would be surprised if there was anything untoward going on. I said to Diane last night in the bath, "I doubt if there is anything untoward going on there Diane." She just looked bemused but i assumed we had lost the soap again!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

To pay for flights to where ever....to pay for training.....to pay for recruitment.....to pay for weapons / bomb making equipment.

In this day & age where almost everything is contactless & you don't even need £2 in change to pay for your morning coffee or car parking there is no reasonable excuse why the monthly/term/annual school fees can't be paid electronically.

I just paid my sons deposit for his school trip online & have set up a monthly s/o for the next 6 months instalments

and btw.....there are islamic banks here too if they didn't want or trust UK ones.

dodgy as fuck.
  • Options

Chizz said:

To pay for flights to where ever....to pay for training.....to pay for recruitment.....to pay for weapons / bomb making equipment.

In this day & age where almost everything is contactless & you don't even need £2 in change to pay for your morning coffee or car parking there is no reasonable excuse why the monthly/term/annual school fees can't be paid electronically.

I just paid my sons deposit for his school trip online & have set up a monthly s/o for the next 6 months instalments

and btw.....there are islamic banks here too if they didn't want or trust UK ones.

dodgy as fuck.
    Thanks for your answer, @golfaddick

It seems a bit of a stretch to suggest that cash found at a school is to be used to pay for flights, training, recruitment, weapons and bomb making equipment, but it's an interesting position, even if it's a quantum leap of logic.

I don't have any disagreement with your suggestion it's dodgy af, though!
  • Options

Chizz said:

dodgy as fuck.</blockquoteI

I have no direct knowledge of this particular school.

However, in my job I looked at the accounts of many private schools as did my colleagues. Nearly all of them received a high percentage of their fees in cash. This was because the parents concerned were paying the fees from money hidden from HMRC in the first place.