Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great fights that never happened

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Bob Peeters v Uwe Rosler

Over a comb
  • The Valley Cafe and Tonys Burgers -----spatulars at dawn.Slap Off in a couple of weeks time hopefully

Did Tony grass the Valley Cafe up to the environmental health? Presumably he had concerns about the quality of their dog burgers,
  • mickc said:

Murray v Meire

Given how Murray seems to have shafted the club, he’d have taken a dive in the opening seconds of the fight.....
  • edited May 2018
    Did someone once get a photo taken of them looking up Meire’s skirt or am I imagining that?
  • edited May 2018

Calzaghe vs Froch
    Mayweather vs Williams
    Eubank or Benn vs James Toney

Still convinced the Khan/Brook fight will not happen despite them being with the same promotion company. Khan clearly does not want it

Would love to have seen Benn v Toney.

Can't see Froch giving Calzaghe too much trouble.

One I didn't need to see was Butterbean v Johnny Knoxville: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2j2aqdhWrE

• Did someone once get a photo taken of them looking up Meire’s skirt or am I imagining that?

Eeeeeuuuuuuugh.
    you need that imagination seeing to.

Electric shock treatment direct to the tunica albuginea.
  • Me against 1000 sharks.
  • Froch vs calzaghe would have been a total miss match Froch would not have landed a glove on joe

Should’ve happened though

• Froch vs calzaghe would have been a total miss match Froch would not have landed a glove on joe

Spot on mate

I'll say this, Carl Froch never ducked or his from anyone. Joe Calzaghe I don't believe hid from anyone however he gave plenty of nobodies a chance and was pretty dismissive towards a fight with Froch whereas Froch gave George Groves a shot in similar circumstances.

I agree with you, I think he'd have boxed Frochs ears off and I'd have loved to watch the fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Froch vs calzaghe would have been a total miss match Froch would not have landed a glove on joe

I'll say this, Carl Froch never ducked or his from anyone. Joe Calzaghe I don't believe hid from anyone however he gave plenty of nobodies a chance and was pretty dismissive towards a fight with Froch whereas Froch gave George Groves a shot in similar circumstances.

I agree with you, I think he'd have boxed Frochs ears off and I'd have loved to watch the fight.
    When we next go boxing I will intro you to nick manners he shared the ring with Joe he will tell you just how good calazghe waa
  • The CL brawl at Makro car park.
  • Carter said:

Froch vs calzaghe would have been a total miss match Froch would not have landed a glove on joe

When we next go boxing I will intro you to nick manners he shared the ring with Joe he will tell you just how good calazghe waa
    I remember how good he was mate, I'd love to hear someone tell me what it was like to be punched repeatedly by him though

I think the next biggie for me will be Groves v Smith if WBSS waits for Groves. If not I think Groves v DeGale 2 might be around the corner
  • Rocky Marciano v Mike Tyson at his best

The age old discussion "what if .. "
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

I remember how good he was mate, I'd love to hear someone tell me what it was like to be punched repeatedly by him though

I think the next biggie for me will be Groves v Smith if WBSS waits for Groves. If not I think Groves v DeGale 2 might be around the corner
    Don’t worry about that carts the one thing nick loves to talk about is getting punched in the face by Joe C

If Groves beats Callum the Degale fight will never happen if he loses it’s the most obvious next fight for both

Its the perfect final for me it should make for a great fight
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

Don’t worry about that carts the one thing nick loves to talk about is getting punched in the face by Joe C

If Groves beats Callum the Degale fight will never happen if he loses it’s the most obvious next fight for both

Its the perfect final for me it should make for a great fight
    Yeah I think it is too early for Callum Smith though, he's very upright and ear muffy for Groves. If Groves stands still and let's Smith land something it will be game over but when has George Groves ever stood still or presented an easy target
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

The way both have gone since winning their world titles, I don't think this would be anywhere near the contest is was for the first fight.

Would still be a great build up and I will always be keen to watch George batter DeGale.

• Croydon said:

Carter said:

Carter said:

The way both have gone since winning their world titles, I don't think this would be anywhere near the contest is was for the first fight.

Would still be a great build up and I will always be keen to watch George batter DeGale.

I agree, James DeGale has hardly sold a ticket in his life which means he'd be paid a lot less than George to make the fight. Which means he is looking at taking a hiding for not as much money as he'd like
  • Charlton Dan V The Palace Fan
  • Carter said:

Croydon said:

Carter said:

Carter said:

I agree, James DeGale has hardly sold a ticket in his life which means he'd be paid a lot less than George to make the fight. Which means he is looking at taking a hiding for not as much money as he'd like
    Old chunky really should have moved on but he is so unlikeable he wouldn’t sell out York hall
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunky has the charisma of a slug.
    Outside of his family and friends I doubt anyone wants him to win.

There was a time when he had the opportunity to build a base and that was before the groves fight everyone loves a rivalry and had he been managed correctly he could’ve really had a head start but he never and it went the other way and old George groves swallowed up 85% of the captive audience without having to try hard

There was a time when he had the opportunity to build a base and that was before the groves fight everyone loves a rivalry and had he been managed correctly he could’ve really had a head start but he never and it went the other way and old George groves swallowed up 85% of the captive audience without having to try hard
    Perfect summary.
  • And the best thing about that all was we got this reincarnation of a George Groves who will be the first to admit was just this awkward ginger kid from west London

And now stands as a real fans favorite who many myself included would willingly pay very good money (I did for groves vs Froch 2) to watch fight at any opportunity

And he is a really top and nice fella
  • Degale can't even sell tickets to people wanting to see him being hit. Groves, almost like Hatton, just seems very likeable and leaves nothing behind
  • McBobbin said:

Degale can't even sell tickets to people wanting to see him being hit. Groves, almost like Hatton, just seems very likeable and leaves nothing behind

Bang on when he gets beat he gets beat on his gum shield and I don’t know a boxing fan that doesn’t appreciate that

After reading this thread I had another look at some of Calzaghe's fights on YouTube.

The thing is that his hand speed was so quick, and his volume of punches are so high, that it made the other guy look like a bit of a mug at times.

It's only when you step back and realise that he was doing that to the likes of Roy Jones, Jeff Lacy and Bernard Hopkins that you appreciate how good he was.

After reading this thread I had another look at some of Calzaghe's fights on YouTube.

The thing is that his hand speed was so quick, and his volume of punches are so high, that it made the other guy look like a bit of a mug at times.

It's only when you step back and realise that he was doing that to the likes of Roy Jones, Jeff Lacy and Bernard Hopkins that you appreciate how good he was.
    Behave yourself. The guy was 39.

Calzaghe had 4 meaningful opponents, out of 46.
  • Henry Irvine v Doucher