Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs Charlton (Charlton Promoted - Women's play off final)

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations to all the players and staff.
  • Options
    Made my afternoon, Cynical Shrews Lose and then our ladies show just what a great footballing side they are...well done to all involved.
  • Options
    Great result, well done.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So the next step up is the top division isn't it? What is the criteria - that they are women?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yes.
    It comes from eating hens.
  • Options
    Petty bastards
  • Options

So the next step up is the top division isn't it? What is the criteria - that they are women?

They have just been promoted to The newly formed Championship(next season will be the 1st) which is 1 below top division

Assuming the criteria is to do with setup(training, facilities and ground as well as Coaching setup)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does this now mean Charlton could be promoted to the Women's Super League next season?
  • Options

Does this now mean Charlton could be promoted to the Women's Super League next season?

Probably.
  • Options
    Great 1st goal from a very good ball. Looked very deserved win.

Well done the women. Really pleased for you all.
  • Options

Next season, Charlton Women will play in the newly-formed Championship. The next - and final - step up is the top tier of women's football in England, but reserved for professional clubs.
  • Options
    I feel that Blackburn are more making a statement about how ridiculous the criteria system is for promotion.

Rather than being petty about our win.

Kind of a statement of congratulations you've come this far but it might mean nothing because of how this crap works
  • Options
    Can we let Magennis play for the women’s side and the men team can have Kit Graham? She’s a machine!
  • Options
    Kit Graham has scored over 200 goals for Charlton in a goal a game average.
    Charlton women have been working their way back up the football ladder since Richard Murray decided to stop funding the ladies team when we were in the top 4 teams in the country.
    Big gap now to the WSL but good to see the success of a team representing CAFC.
  • Options
    Congratutations!

Good to see one Charlton team doing well.

Will Roland claim the credit?
  • Options
    Blackburn were very confident and bolshy this week whereas Charlton just got on with it.

Really pleased for them

What is Blackburn’s beef? Not been up with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Crusty54 said:

When the time comes and you feel able to buy a season ticket, please add the £25 extra option to support the women's team next season.

I will. If we have a new owner and I buy our usual three. I think women's football is no longer a joke and deserves our support.
  • Options
    Well done to the women’s team and everyone involved with the team
  • Options
    Maybe when the time comes when CL feels it is able to start the collective sponsoring of players shirts again a separate appeal is run at the same time for sponsoring some shirts for the women as well...
  • Options
    Great result!
  • Options
    Delighted for the women - slowly getting back where they belong before the plug was so brutally pulled thanks to the failure of the men's team under Dowie and Pardew.
  • Options
    West Ham Ladies jump from 9th in the third tier to the WSL next season, ridiculous decision
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

West Ham Ladies jump from 9th in the third tier to the WSL next season, ridiculous decision

Not as ridiculous as Manchester United getting there, without having to even kick a football...
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Not as ridiculous as Manchester United getting there, without having to even kick a football...
    ManUre are investing £5m into the team and are starting in the second tier. West Ham we're the whipping girls of the league we just dominated and have been double promoted, both are ridiculous decisions but the West Ham one is beyond my comprehension.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

ManUre are investing £5m into the team and are starting in the second tier. West Ham we're the whipping girls of the league we just dominated and have been double promoted, both are ridiculous decisions but the West Ham one is beyond my comprehension.
    It's all down to money (not surprisingly). Clubs in the super league needed to raise 350k to be professional. Yeovil have been given a place despite scoring only 2 goals and getting 2 points all season. Sunderland who finished above them have been demoted to the third tier.
    Brighton who finished second in WSL2 have been given a place, but Doncaster belles who won the league haven't.

Also only 11 teams in the top tier, which means 1 team will get a week off in every round of fixtures.