Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UCL Final not on normal TV? WTF?

Comments

• Options

MrOneLung said:

In other breaking news for @PragueAddick the premier league, the play offs, test match cricket, and The Open are also not on free to air terrestrial tv.

Whatever happened to listed sporting events? The list is getting shorter and shorter.
    Champions League was never listed

• Options
    Think the CL final should be added to the list now. How many millions of viewers would it get on BBC/ITV? More than the FA Cup final I would imagine.
  • Options

Think the CL final should be added to the list now. How many millions of viewers would it get on BBC/ITV? More than the FA Cup final I would imagine.

I can only see the list getting shorter, not longer.

Cable tv is going to die out pretty soon, everything will be done via the internet on the not too distant future. All of my regular tv is aleady provided via the internet, the only use for a dish here is to recieve foreign channels, although more and more people are switching to (legal) versions of kodi for that.
  • Options

BT Showcase and YouTube showing it for free.

Trouble is I am at my sister's and they dont have the capability to plug a laptop into the TV. We'd like to watch it together as a family on a TV. How quaint...

All they need is a hdmi cable. They can't have a TV so old it doesn't have a hdmi socket can they? And you can pick one of those up from Asda or Tescos!
  • Options

Rothko said:

Well gotta say thanks to all the quick responses, looks like we have two options, once we get the right HDMI connector for the Macbook. Its not my idea of free to air, but well, i guess it really isn't my country any more.

The pub was never an option. Not in Eltham...

Well gotta say thanks to all the quick responses, looks like we have two options, once we get the right HDMI connector for the Macbook. Its not my idea of free to air, but well, i guess it really isn't my country any more.

Not if your view of free to air telly is one from the mid 90s. The whole country has a free to air option, and can watch it
    The whole country, eh? Would this be the same country where I keep hearing/ reading of people with Internet speeds slower than a South Eastern Train?

I can generally manage internet delivered TV reasonably well, but as far as I am aware there are still millions of people with crap net speeds, and possibly as a result,they have no idea how to do this. @SoundAsa£ is obviously one example.

In Prague we just, you know, switch on the Telly...
    As most people can by turning on their telly, and picking whatever Freeview channel it’s on
  • Options

Cable tv is going to die out pretty soon, everything will be done via the internet on the not too distant future. All of my regular tv is aleady provided via the internet, the only use for a dish here is to recieve foreign channels, although more and more people are switching to (legal) versions of kodi for that.
    Foreign Channels! Nude, Nudge, Wink, Wink, Say no more!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Rothko said:

Not if your view of free to air telly is one from the mid 90s. The whole country has a free to air option, and can watch it
    The whole country, eh? Would this be the same country where I keep hearing/ reading of people with Internet speeds slower than a South Eastern Train?

I can generally manage internet delivered TV reasonably well, but as far as I am aware there are still millions of people with crap net speeds, and possibly as a result,they have no idea how to do this. @SoundAsa£ is obviously one example.

As most people can by turning on their telly, and picking whatever Freeview channel it’s on
    But it is not on Freeview. BT have taken away that Showcase channel that ValleyGary thought it would be on.

As for everything being done on the internet, yes of course this is the direction of travel, but those who propose it often ignore that the infrastructure isnt in place. Right now I am on a train from Surbiton to London, one of the more affluent areas. Soon after Surbiton the signal dropped completely. Since then the max I have is 3G. We are nearly at Clapham Junction... useless.
  • Options

Trouble is I am at my sister's and they dont have the capability to plug a laptop into the TV. We'd like to watch it together as a family on a TV. How quaint...

All they need is a hdmi cable. They can't have a TV so old it doesn't have a hdmi socket can they? And you can pick one of those up from Asda or Tescos!
    The issue is the Macbook, a 2012 model which has a non standard socket. But it looks like we should be ok thanks to the various tips on here

• Options

Rothko said:

Rothko said:

But it is not on Freeview. BT have taken away that Showcase channel that ValleyGary thought it would be on.

As for everything being done on the internet, yes of course this is the direction of travel, but those who propose it often ignore that the infrastructure isnt in place. Right now I am on a train from Surbiton to London, one of the more affluent areas. Soon after Surbiton the signal dropped completely. Since then the max I have is 3G. We are nearly at Clapham Junction... useless.
    Yet you can access Charlton Life, which is all you really need!
  • Options

Foreign Channels! Nude, Nudge, Wink, Wink, Say no more!
    Now, now, I'd never break the law.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BT Showcase is free on freeview

Cant seem to find it. Will Google more details about it
    As @ValleyGary has said BT Showcase is channel 115 on Freeview
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

But it’s NOT on Freeview!?!?!?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

LenGlover said:

But it’s NOT on Freeview!?!?!?
    I have Freeview and I have channel 115 on it.

I understand you've left the area for a 'northern shithole' to quote @Addickted so maybe you don't have the reception?

I know reception varies in different parts of the country

EDIT: Looks like you need to register with BT Sport to access it having just turned the TV on and gone to the channel.

So it looks like ordinary, decent people who either don't want to tell BT their inside leg measurement or cannot access the internet to go to the BT website to tell them their inside leg measurement are excluded.

Oh well.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

As other people have said.

BT removed BT Showcase and instead use Youtube
  • Options
    I remember the good old days when I was a lad in the 90s and the only live football I could get my hands on was the big match on ITV of a Sunday

Unfortunately it was LWT so you only ever had the choice of

Charlton v Luton
    Charlton v Watford
    Charlton v Palace
    Charlton v Millwall
    Millwall v Charlton
    Millwall v Watford
    Millwall v Luton
    Millwall v Palace
    Palace v Millwall
    Palace v Watford
    Palace v Luton
    Palace v Charlton
    Watford v Luton
    Watford v Palace
    Watford v Charlton
    Watford v Millwall
    Luton v Palace
    Luton v Millwall
    Luton v Charlton
    Luton v Watford
    Wolves v Charlton
    WBA v Charlton

• Options
    If you have Virgin Media it's on 528 and in 4K via the red button if you have a V6 box.
  • Options
    According to the Grau:

Subscribers can see it on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 4K UHD but anyone can stream the match on btsport.com or You Tube or through the BT Sport app which can be downloaded for free.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    while the scousers are in Kiev i have rented a big feck off lorry and going up there to reclaim nicked gear --- hub caps etc ---- get your orders in early.
  • Options
    I think I have a connector you could use @PragueAddick

Is it free to air via Sky bt2 414?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

I think I have a connector you could use @PragueAddick

Is it free to air via Sky bt2 414?

Thanks mate, my niece reckons she has it all sorted now.

• Options

As I am not into real ales etc I don’t know if it would be frowned upon if the long pond or the rusty bucket (old crown) showed it as a one off event.
    I see it as no different to having live music, something both these places have had.
  • Options
    Looks like you can get it on sky q you tube feature
  • Options
    I subscribe to BT sport, but if they have to show it free to air, they should unsubscribe a BT channel for the duration surely. It is a bit naughty otherwise.
  • Options
    Can anyone help? So, I have Sky Sport but not BT Sport. I have seriously crap internet in my village (downloading a 45 min TV program takes an hour). Am I stuffed?
  • Options

Can anyone help? So, I have Sky Sport but not BT Sport. I have seriously crap internet in my village (downloading a 45 min TV program takes an hour). Am I stuffed?

How stable/jumpy is watching a live stream from YouTube?
  • Options

How stable/jumpy is watching a live stream from YouTube?
    Iffy, sometimes intolerable. I guess that's my only option.
  • Options
    Yeah, that or bt website, or but sport app. But all would be live streaming so all as reliable as the other
  • Options
    Hex said:

If you have Virgin Media it's on 528 and in 4K via the red button if you have a V6 box.

Just checking the 4k out now. Cracking picture. Wish they'd hurry up and start broadcasting more content in 4k though.
  • Options
    I still don’t know what a PS4 is!