Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling Friendly - Sat 14th July (now 12.30 ko)

Comments

• Options
    The attendance for this fixture has decreased a lot in recent times. This shambles is unlikely to stop that trend
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Latest on Welling forum says it could be moved back to the 14th again...

http://wellingunited.activeboard.com/t64599739/welling-v-charlton/

It hasn't actually moved back to the 7th at all yet. There was/is a possibility, pending on confirmation of other things (not takeover related), but we're still waiting on confirmation. There was a discussion with Welling regarding joint announcements, but for some reason they went with a story announcing a move back to the 7th at the weekend without any confirmation that it had done so.
    WIOTOS (our one, not Welling's)
    Prime example of why WIOTOS is always correct
    Not alway ... Regan Charles - Cook
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

The attendance for this fixture has decreased a lot in recent times. This shambles is unlikely to stop that trend

will decrease even more if its on the 7th and england are playing at 3pm
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

I thought that was why it was moved in the first place to a 12.30 kickoff.

#pissupinabrewery
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Rizzo said:

JohnnyH2 said:

I thought that was why it was moved in the first place to a 12.30 kickoff.

#pissupinabrewery
    even still doesn't leave people much time to get to a decent drinking establishment, in the vicinity of welling there isn't many plus everyone wants to watch it and they usually run out of beer quite quickly, of course this is far from garanteed but its the hope that kills you.
  • Options
    Back to the 14th now . According to welling
  • Options
    The trip will allow the squad some vital time together following the summer break before the first ball of pre-season is kicked at Welling United for the traditional friendly curtain-raiser on Saturday, July 14th (3pm).

So has the kick-off time changed again?
  • Options
    clive said:

The trip will allow the squad some vital time together following the summer break before the first ball of pre-season is kicked at Welling United for the traditional friendly curtain-raiser on Saturday, July 14th (3pm).

So has the kick-off time changed again?

The Welling Twitter account says 14th but 12.30 kick off!
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Astonishing how difficult arranging a game of football (which is basically a glorified kick about) is for a professional football team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what time is the KO as both clubs are saying different times
  • Options
    edited June 2018

It hasn't actually moved back to the 7th at all yet. There was/is a possibility, pending on confirmation of other things (not takeover related), but we're still waiting on confirmation. There was a discussion with Welling regarding joint announcements, but for some reason they went with a story announcing a move back to the 7th at the weekend without any confirmation that it had done so.
    This^ :wink:
  • Options
    To summarise:
    - The game was originally scheduled for July 7th (3pm)
    - It was then announced that kick-off would be moved to 12.30pm due to World Cup
    - It was then put back to July 14th (kick-off still 12.30pm)

That is where we are at. It wasn’t moved back to July 7th and then back to the 14th again. Welling were warned there was a possibility it could revert back to the 7th, but it didn’t. As they announced it had, they then had to backtrack and announce that it was the 14th again today.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Was on Welling's official site
    But not THE official site
  • Options
    I think I need to lie down.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, the club can confirm that the friendly fixture with @wellingunited REMAINS on Saturday, July 14th and has NOT reverted to July 7th

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b310eec5b7fa/addicks-to-head-to-portugal-for-pre-season-training-camp … #cafc
  • Options

To summarise:
    - The game was originally scheduled for July 7th (3pm)
    - It was then announced that kick-off would be moved to 12.30pm due to World Cup
    - It was then put back to July 14th (kick-off still 12.30pm)

That is where we are at. It wasn’t moved back to July 7th and then back to the 14th again. Welling were warned there was a possibility it could revert back to the 7th, but it didn’t. As they announced it had, they then had to backtrack and announce that it was the 14th again today.

7.45 kick off it is then
    Behind closed doors.
  • Options
    I’ve been every year. Unfortunately unless the Takeover is completed I will not be going. Which I know doesn’t help Welling, but I’ve had enough of our shambles of a football club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think a preseason tour of Portugal is great I hope our squad of seven players bond well.

A chance for Cristiano to meet his new teammates
  • Options
    One thing is for certain. We won't be fielding a totally different side in each half.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Title needs to be amended to 14th @admin
  • Options

Title needs to be amended to 14th @admin

7.45 kick off
  • Options
    Despite misleading info on National Rail journey planner, there will be no trains on Welling and Bexleyheath line. Remember: 12.30 kick off.
  • Options
    Not going this year. First miss for some time. Normally go along full of anticipation and looking forward to seeing all the new signings... I will have to wait to see the one and only Lyle.
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    I bought match tickets this morning & was told that ticket sales are very poor so far.
  • Options
    Not going, haven't missed this fixture for donkeys, when our farce of a club is sold, I will be back at games.
  • Options
    I can't make it tomorrow, bit gutted as it's normally a good day with a few beers involved