Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling Friendly - Sat 14th July (now 12.30 ko)

Comments

• Options

Bowyer will be playing at this rate

I was thinking that earlier on LOL
  • Options

lol......we are one f*ked up club. Firstly it was arranged when there was a good possibility that it would clash with an England qtr final, then moved from 3pm to 12.30 & now its been moved back a week.

This latest change has more likely come from LB as he realises he currently has barely an 18 man squad & not pot to piss in to fund additions.

I'm looling forward to next week when the fixtures come out so LB can then ask the EFL to postpone our opening half a dozen & we wont be able to field a team.

I reckon he has something up his sleeve and something will come by then.
  • Options
    shame was looking forward to it providing England weren't in the 1/4 final at 3, cant make the 14th.
  • Options
    Can’t make it now (well, the drink in the Guy anyway) at a ska all dayer
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm guessing that the stalling takeover has resulted in RD sanctioning a half-hearted rescheduled pre-season to somewhere like Butlins.
  • Options
    Hoping to get JJ fit for his 500th appearance. ;)
  • Options
    Thought this was a request for volunteer players
  • Options

I'm guessing that the stalling takeover has resulted in RD sanctioning a half-hearted rescheduled pre-season to somewhere like Butlins.

Was thinking that it might mean we'll go to a training camp before Selling but under Roland most likely it will mean no overseas trip at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Happy days. Will be in London that weekend. Welling it is then.
    Last time I managed to watch a game, was 2011 (2-2 vs Scunthorpe).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where we play the redcoats 3 days running?
  • Options

Where we play the redcoats 3 days running?
    No. Only 1st game. Then the oldest kids followed by the dads.
  • Options

lol......we are one f*ked up club. Firstly it was arranged when there was a good possibility that it would clash with an England qtr final, then moved from 3pm to 12.30 & now its been moved back a week.

This latest change has more likely come from LB as he realises he currently has barely an 18 man squad & not pot to piss in to fund additions.

I'm looling forward to next week when the fixtures come out so LB can then ask the EFL to postpone our opening half a dozen & we wont be able to field a team.

And yet Bowyer apparently only wants 4 new players (according to Murray)!
  • Options
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldo
    And Ronaldo.
  • Options
    I assume this is so our new signings get at least a couple of weeks rest after their World Cup games.
  • Options
    Just picked up tickets for this and was told that it has now been put back to the 7th 12.30.?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Just picked up tickets for this and was told that it has now been put back to the 7th 12.30.?

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b23d7c2ee5e7/welling-united-pre-season-friendly-put-back-a-week-to-july-14th

Thread title could probably do with updating
  • Options

picked up tickets from.where.......Welling ??? Are they saying its back to the 7th again ?? who served you ??? The old guy thats usually there its pretty good imo.....
  • Options
    Welling Forum mentions nothing about the game being the 7th again... Farce if so
  • Options

Did you get any updates on the takeover whilst you were there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to Welling Utd website the friendly is on 14th July at 12-30
  • Options
    Yes from Welling and it was the old guy who said it as we now have a tour of Spain?
  • Options
    Also not a lot of tickets sold
  • Options

I didn't even realise you could buy them in advance!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    dickplumb said:

According to Welling Utd website the friendly is on 14th July at 12-30

Think I’d back Mr Hobbins over their website - and Charlton’s, especially with the known shenanigans over the tour. Story was that RD set a budget for it that was unrealistic. Perhaps they are going camping.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I didn't even realise you could buy them in advance!
    I always go down there about a week before the game & buy tickets in the new stand.

The original date of the 7th is a bit of a bugger now. Also means we play in 2 weeks time with only half a squad. Last couple of seasons its been a different 11 for the 2 halves......love to see LB try that this time around !!!
  • Options
    Charlton website says 14th
    Welling website says 7th

Charlton said we had no tour
    Welling say we have a tour of Spain.

What is actually going on
  • Options

Charlton website says 14th
    Welling website says 7th

Charlton said we had no tour
    Welling say we have a tour of Spain.

What is actually going on

I'd trust the Welling version of events to be honest, they're the much more professional organisation.

I'm sure we'll catch up at some point.