Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling Friendly - Sat 14th July (now 12.30 ko)

Comments

• Options

I'm sure it will be open to moving the kick off forward an hour or back to a 19:45. It's not like they would have 1000's of refunds to deal with.

The game might be brought forward with a 12.30 kick off, The Friendly will also now be known as the Eric Brackstone Memorial Trophy.
  • Options
    That’s a pity, always enjoy a couple of hours in the pub beforehand.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

You can’t drink on the terraces any more either. They got a big fine last season after some twat threw beer at a linesman.
  • Options
    That's the kiss of death for England's WC chances, then ...
  • Options

stonemuse said:

You can’t drink on the terraces any more either. They got a big fine last season after some twat threw beer at a linesman.
    I was at that game, cant believe that has caused a ban, bloody idiot

• Options
    stonemuse said:

What’s stopping you?!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Can't you have them afterwards instead?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

stonemuse said:

Because it was still in the barrel.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Win our group, then win our round of 16 game, we play our QF Friday at 7pm

Come second in our group, then win our round of 16 game, then we play our QF
    Saturday at 3pm

All very, very, very hypothetical

Yep.
    And either way I'm going to welling
    You would miss watching England in a World Cup QF for the Welling friendly? Don't get that at all
  • Options
    Croydon said:

DA9 said:

Saturday at 3pm

Yep.
    You would miss watching England in a World Cup QF for the Welling friendly? Don't get that at all
    I suppose it depends on whether you have an interest in International football.

Charlton winning the Checkatrade Trophy would p*** all over England winning the World Cup.
  • Options

Croydon said:

DA9 said:

Saturday at 3pm

Yep.

Charlton winning the Checkatrade Trophy would p*** all over England winning the World Cup.
    FA Cup and I'd at least understand your view.

I don't care much for international football outside the big tournaments, but the buzz this country would have if we won the World Cup would be unbeatable.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Wetherspoons is your friend.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the double header against them at greenwich borough last year. Would be up for both again
  • Options
    Very annoying. I am at Elland brewery the night before, was looking at the 9am train down for the match. This I think rules it out for me.

Bugger!
  • Options

Croydon said:

DA9 said:

Saturday at 3pm

Yep.

now that's simply not true is it and purely posted to get a reaction.....England winning the WC or at least even making the final would be absolutely HUGE in this country.
  • Options

Croydon said:

DA9 said:

Saturday at 3pm

Yep.

now that's simply not true is it and purely posted to get a reaction.....England winning the WC or at least even making the final would be absolutely HUGE in this country.
    I was not looking for a reaction. I was posting from a personal perspective.

I would not cross the road to watch the national team play.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say..........

Has anyone got a spare ticket?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:

Very annoying. I am at Elland brewery the night before, was looking at the 9am train down for the match. This I think rules it out for me.

Bugger!

If you're visiting the Elland brewery, and then planning to catch a 9am train the next morning, clearly you're not drinking enough!
  • Options
    IF England do get to the 1/4 that day it would be a 3pm ko meaning that a 12.30ko at welling match would only be finishing at around 2.30 gives you half hour to get to a pub that isn’t packed in time for the match would be tight
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    The whole country would stop if England made the final of the World Cup. That buzz on high streets alone would mean it trumps any kind of cup final for Charlton (only just for the FA Cup).

Four years ago I was working in a Shell garage part time. It was bad enough missing the game, it was made worse by the fact that I saw about three people in three hours. There would be absolutely no-one about if England were playing.
  • Options
    England World Cup
    England euros
    Charlton champs league
    Charlton premier league
    Charlton fa cup
    Charlton league cup
    Charlton championship play off

In that order
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

DA9 said:

Saturday at 3pm

Yep.

I don't care much for international football outside the big tournaments, but the buzz this country would have if we won the World Cup would be unbeatable.
    Oh I don’t know, the peoples cup win was pretty special!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

DA9 said:

Saturday at 3pm

Yep.

nearly spat my tea out

• Options
    http://www.wellingunited.com/wp/change-of-date-for-charlton-atheltic-curtian-raiser/
    Our annual pre season friendly with Charlton Athletic has now been re-scheduled for Saturday 14th July with a 12.30pm Kick Off.
  • Options
    Have we requested an extra week so that we have time to actually get a team together?
  • Options
    Bowyer will be playing at this rate
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    lol......we are one f*ked up club. Firstly it was arranged when there was a good possibility that it would clash with an England qtr final, then moved from 3pm to 12.30 & now its been moved back a week.

This latest change has more likely come from LB as he realises he currently has barely an 18 man squad & not pot to piss in to fund additions.

I'm looling forward to next week when the fixtures come out so LB can then ask the EFL to postpone our opening half a dozen & we wont be able to field a team.