Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welling Friendly - Sat 14th July (now 12.30 ko)

14567810»

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Special note for Albie Morgan. I like the look of him. First time I’ve seen him but like the look of him

Thanks Jimmy Two Times
  • Sage said:

Hes definitely back in greenwich saw on his instagram he was near the o2 today looked like he was on a flat balcony. With thenway bowyer said you will know.who he is by tueaday made me think its him

Exactly and with the “sitting midfielder” part of the quote as well, it backs up the point as that is Poyet down to the ground. He left Cyprus and is now out of contract.

On another note, where was Dijksteel today?! @Redhenry do you know anything or does he have a slight injury?
    He was unwell today
  • seth plum said:

Ryan Blumberg was signed on having previously been with the Nike academy I believe (not really sure what the Nike academy is) a year ago.
    He is an imposing central defender, not a fussy player but competitive efficient and effective at U23 level. Ryan is very aware of team play, and has a touch of the Pearce about him when organising the defence. I have seen him a lot in partnership with Bowry and they have an authority about them as a pair, Bowry being a bit rangier, and more flexible and athletic, where Blumberg has that solid no nonsense air about him.
    Let me emphasise I was watching them as young players, making their way in the U23's. The step up to first team remains the hardest one of all, and central defenders are a bit like goalkeepers in that they tend to get better with age. I think this feature of player development might become apparent with Harry Lennon as he gets older.
    Ryan Blumberg has a sense of focus and maturity about him, this can be a double edged sword, because others might think he is ready when actually he needs more time, or it can mean he has an old head on young shoulders and he is ready now.
    One to watch and nurture and not rush to judgement about. Getting the right kind of experience matters.
    I wasn't at the game, but if anybody saw it, what impression did Albie Morgan make?

Spot on @seth plum he looked no-nonsense, decent in the air and vocal. It’s great seeing a young player have the balls to shout orders around. I liked the look of him.

As for Albie - very impressive. Comfortable on either foot and a decent touch. I’d need to see more of him but that was a promising start point

• Did they lay on a good spread for Perks?
  • Swisdom said:

Special note for Albie Morgan. I like the look of him. First time I’ve seen him but like the look of him

Where does he play in midfield? Is he a winger or CM?
  • edited July 2018

Swisdom said:

Where does he play in midfield? Is he a winger or CM?
    Albie Morgan played right-sided midfield. Agree with Swisdom: he didn't hide or hold back; got involved in some robust moves.

• Tannoy announcer was better today & didn't sound like he was talking down an empty toillet roll, although he could have turned the volumn up a bit & made sure the players names matched the numbers on the shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Disappointing all round really. Poor turnout and a pretty poor performance. Aribo the stand out. Ward looked good but if its him and Pearce its pretty pedestrian. Igor looked unfit. Karlan looked pacey but was getting constant instruction from Bowyer. Fosu looked a constant threat. MOM for me was a long haired Welling player, absolute menace.

£3 a pint in the bar though.
  • MarkyE83 said:

Disappointing all round really. Poor turnout and a pretty poor performance. Aribo the stand out. Ward looked good but if its him and Pearce its pretty pedestrian. Igor looked unfit. Karlan looked pacey but was getting constant instruction from Bowyer. Fosu looked a constant threat. MOM for me was a long haired Welling player, absolute menace.

£3 a pint in the bar though.

Yes, forgot to mention their No.7. He ran Marshall ragged & then appeared as their no.8 in the 2nd half. Just the type of player we need to open up defences but will end up with another JFC who fanny about & do feck all.
  • Dartford festival on.
  • Albie Morgan looked very good
  • put 2 &2 together & making 602 with regard to Poyet

LB's "you'll know who it is on tues" is because he is coming in on monday & so will he leaked/on the OS the next day.

What is in with posters on here & ex players ??? Last week it was Cousins, 2 days ago it was Kermorgant, now its Poyet. Who is it going to be tomorrow.......Church or Sordell ??

As for the game.......didn't post when I left the ground at 2.30 as I needed to run my report past Rubashow.....but he's now ok'd it and so happy to share;

Marshall did ok at RB but I'd not want him to be 2nd choice as what I saw from Solly he could be playing there all season. MB did ok - couldn't do much about their goal & caught & distributed really well. Thought Bauer looked assured & will be missed when he goes (for surely he will). Dawkins ok but would need to see again to judge more. Thought Magennis looked like a player who feels he's been pissed on - could have left in Jan but we blocked it & now we have brought in his replacement & he knows he wil be 2nd choice. Grant looked quick & up for it....rest of the 1st half team a bit meh. 2nd half - Blumberg & Ward looked solid & Lapslie tries hard but often runs into trouble or gives the ball away. Taylor missed a sitter & scored from 2 yards but hold up play was good & ran after everything. Vetokele a bit off the pace but really didn't have much to play with - should have scored from his header. JFC still doesn't do enough & missed from 2 yards....so all looks rosey for the coming season.

Spot on Golfie, never known a set of fans living in the past as on here!

Diego Poyet!!

Like Ajose, living off of one good season, both been shit since, no thanks!!
  • Just to put the Welling friendly in context, I recall some years ago Danny Green looked world class :smile:

Playing for Concorde Rangers (Canvey Island) now!
    Essex_Al said:

Just to put the Welling friendly in context, I recall some years ago Danny Green looked world class :smile:

Although maybe that's what happens after a badly broken leg?

• Sage said:

Hes definitely back in greenwich saw on his instagram he was near the o2 today looked like he was on a flat balcony. With thenway bowyer said you will know.who he is by tueaday made me think its him

Exactly and with the “sitting midfielder” part of the quote as well, it backs up the point as that is Poyet down to the ground. He left Cyprus and is now out of contract.

On another note, where was Dijksteel today?! @Redhenry do you know anything or does he have a slight injury?
    There was an U23S game today too so he may have been there.
    I read that as U 235, Killer to make comeback ? (Must get eyes tested)
  • Oggy Red said:

Essex_Al said:

Just to put the Welling friendly in context, I recall some years ago Danny Green looked world class :smile:

You could well be right.

Scored against Colchester yesterday though, hoping to see him against Leyton Orient next week.
  • Essex_Al said:

Oggy Red said:

Essex_Al said:

You could well be right.

Scored against Colchester yesterday though, hoping to see him against Leyton Orient next week.
    Nice to have you back posting Alan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Iv told Bowyer I can't make Tuesday, I'm Wednesday's Triallist. I'm carrying a long term injury and am shit player, but hey ho, that's not in the criteria is it.

That's a pretty long term injury you've got.

No wonder you can't make Tuesday, you died 4 years ago.

OMG that could put me out for longer than I thought !
  • looked dead from the clips i saw, thought that with the nice weather more would of attended and then headed to a pub to watch the meaningless england game.
  • Oggy Red said:

Iv told Bowyer I can't make Tuesday, I'm Wednesday's Triallist. I'm carrying a long term injury and am shit player, but hey ho, that's not in the criteria is it.

Can you make late runs and ghost into the box?

• Oggy Red said:

You'll still last longer on your return than Lewis Page and Ben Reeves put together