Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD renews call for fans not to buy season tickets before takeover is confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Boom said:

I’ve just renewed my seaso - at sincil bank.

Out of interest, how much to park my fat arse in the west stand these days?

Depends how old she is :wink:
  • Options
    Good message CARD. Hopefully the takeover is one simple statement away and this whole thread becomes redundant
  • Options
    Stig said:

My £200 season ticket will make very little difference, but thanks for the patronising advice.

Genuine question, in what way is it patronising?
    I think it was just a new word he picked up at School.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Mametz said:

Blimey, what a strange thread.

CARD have suggested a course of action and have given their reasons for that suggestion. They have issued no diktats or threats. If someone disagrees with it they are perfectly at liberty to purchase a season ticket when they want.

Personally, I have been boycotting for the last two years and my own belief is that every other Charlton fan should have been doing the same. Some of my best friends have had season tickets over that time. We sometimes discuss that but we agree to disagree and then get on with having a beer or two.

For clarity’s sake I should add that I won’t be buying a season ticket whatever happens but this is due to the fact that I have just moved 200 miles down the M4.

Is the M4 that long ?

Highways agency England say their bit is 120.7 miles and Wikipedia states it’s only 189 miles long in total. Could be good news Mametz, you could be closer to the Valley than you think...start saving those pennies for a season ticket
    Ah, but my exodus started about 20 miles down the M20 and then there is the M25.

Our new home is 201miles road distance from our old house.

I never lie about meaningful lengths!

• Options

The first thing a new owner should do is freeze the lower prices for a few weeks after any takeover is completed. Might cost them some money this year, but it buys goodwill from the fans.

& reintroduce the over 60s reduced prices after the disgusting belgians raised the age to 65

Hear hear. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

The first thing a new owner should do is freeze the lower prices for a few weeks after any takeover is completed. Might cost them some money this year, but it buys goodwill from the fans.

& reintroduce the over 60s reduced prices after the disgusting belgians raised the age to 65
    Hear hear. ;)

Thought you were 75 anyway Teecee?
  • Options
    The dogs know where you live @cantersaddick
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think everybody's already made up their minds one way or another about buying S/t's, I agree about waiting until the deal is complete. This thread is a timely reminder that the deal is not done, despite the euphoria over Mr Seed's blog. Roland is still here, and for how long no-one knows.

As I said, they believed it will happen this week, but they didn’t know for sure. I did warn them the EFL might not be terribly efficient, but I got the feeling they were told it would happen this week.
    The euphoria wasn’t over my blog, but over the information passed on by my contact.
    Although it’s a lovely blog.
    I’ve just realised I posted an article on the blog, that I wrote for the Voice of the Valley, and I don’t think I asked permission from @Airman Brown before posting. Belated permission Airman?

I also recently re-read an interview with me in the Voice of the Valley. The interview was conducted by Matt Wright and in it I was talking about the protests, and I said something along the lines of ‘I support the protests, but I think the fans should get behind the team’.

That really made me cringe. In my defence I was on a steep learning curve. So apologies for my naievety.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I was going to suggest that during our meeting, but I thought they might think I was cheap. (I am cheap).
  • Options

se9addick said:

Surely any season ticket sales this summer - whether they fall pre or post takeover - will be factored into the sale price?

Well you would of thought so.
    Can you imagine if we sold 22, 000 season tickets this week for the 2018/19 season before the sale of the club and next week we have new owners with Roland walking away with the takings? Nah neither can I .
    Ridiculous request by card surely.
    Not ridiculous more tactical IMHO

The deal isn't done but let's assume it will be soon. A huge spike in sales AFTER a takeover sends a message to the new owners that the fans are behind them.

there is not going to be a price rise and reserved seats are safe for now so why rush?
    I think that will probably happen anyway, so I can't see the point in a "statement" that will obviously divide fans again and basically, ridicule those who have already bought their st's in the hope that Rocunt is on his way.
    So who is actually being divisive here?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think everybody's already made up their minds one way or another about buying S/t's, I agree about waiting until the deal is complete. This thread is a timely reminder that the deal is not done, despite the euphoria over Mr Seed's blog. Roland is still here, and for how long no-one knows.

I’ve just realised I posted an article on the blog, that I wrote for the Voice of the Valley, and I don’t think I asked permission from @Airman Brown before posting. Belated permission Airman?
    You’re lucky, as he is just about to review his Privicy and Content Policy....
  • Options

I don't understand peoples reaction on here and other forums. I fear we have people just commenting to 'wind' people up. CARD is not saying you CANT buy a ST, they are asking for people to hold off for a few days to see what transpires re the takeover. If you want to buy one, then fine, no-ones going to 'dig you out' (is that 'hip talk nowadays?), if you feel you don't like what CARD are asking then why come on here a comment, just ignore it, like you are going to do with their request!!
    It's not bloody rocket science, some people don't like CARD for what they stand for, some don't like it because of who is involved, BUT if you want to buy a ST, feel free, if you don't then feel free not to! I'm despairing at the simplest of comments on threads on here and other forums turn into a slagging match.....unbelievable. In the end all that matters is the club and the players, I believe the last 4 1/2 years have been poor in terms of ambition and decision making, if you believe its been good or ok, then that's fine, but FFS stop trying to cause a rift because you don't agree with others opinions.....just do what YOU want to do.!!

Mametz said:

Blimey, what a strange thread.

CARD have suggested a course of action and have given their reasons for that suggestion. They have issued no diktats or threats. If someone disagrees with it they are perfectly at liberty to purchase a season ticket when they want.

Personally, I have been boycotting for the last two years and my own belief is that every other Charlton fan should have been doing the same. Some of my best friends have had season tickets over that time. We sometimes discuss that but we agree to disagree and then get on with having a beer or two.

For clarity’s sake I should add that I won’t be buying a season ticket whatever happens but this is due to the fact that I have just moved 200 miles down the M4.

Far too many sheep distractions for you now then. I know the tempations.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I don’t want to take this thread too far off the theme but as you’ve started it.

Since I have been down here, I have become addicted to “Sgorio” which is the Welsh Premier League programme on the Welsh Language channel, S4C. They have a live game every week and a highlights round up of the other matches in the Welsh League. During the half time advert break a couple of weeks ago, they had a commercial for sheep feed!

• Options
    Mametz said:

I don’t want to take this thread too far off the theme but as you’ve started it.

Since I have been down here, I have become addicted to “Sgorio” which is the Welsh Premier League programme on the Welsh Language channel, S4C. They have a live game every week and a highlights round up of the other matches in the Welsh League. During the half time advert break a couple of weeks ago, they had a commercial for sheep feed!

They advertise grass on welsh tv ????
  • Options
    Mametz said:

My brother in law is the manager of Llandudno.
    Iwan Williams.
    I'm regularly (made to) watch Sgorio ;-)
    And I can concur, they advertise sheep feed, which is useful for me being a goat farmer :-D
  • Options
    What's the latest view from CARD? If Bowyer gets his four signings done, I will probably renew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

What's the latest view from CARD? If Bowyer gets his four signings done, I will probably renew.

why would CARDS view affect your decision?

• Options
    why should anyone else's view affect anyone.....if you want to renew, you do it, if you don't then you don't.

shouldn't need anyone else to tell/advise you what to do.

I've renewed mine and my kids a long time ago, always knew I would irrespective of who owned us or what league we were in....it's a habit I can't break
  • Options
    CARD wouldn't really change my decision, this thread was the first one i found. What would it take from other fans to renew
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

CARD wouldn't really change my decision, this thread was the first one i found. What would it take from other fans to renew

15 chips per portion.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

uhmm, let me think
  • Options
    Haven't renewed yet. I will renew, but I really hope that when I do, it will be a Charlton under new ownership.