Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD renews call for fans not to buy season tickets before takeover is confirmed

Comments

• Options

He can shove his season ticket up his arse.
    I shall renew the day the takeover is announced.
    In the meantime.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

I like the cut of your jib, @blackpool72 !

:wink:
    Love you too Fanny.
    Have a good summer.
  • Options

He can shove his season ticket up his arse.
    I shall renew the day the takeover is announced.
    In the meantime.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

I like the cut of your jib, @blackpool72 !

:wink:
    Love you too Fanny.
    Have a good summer.
    Tanning my girdsome loins as we speak, sweetie....
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ^^^What @SomervilleAddick said.
  • Options
    N

The first thing a new owner should do is freeze the lower prices for a few weeks after any takeover is completed. Might cost them some money this year, but it buys goodwill from the fans.

Nah! The new owners should reduce all subsequent ticket sales by half in recognition of those boycotters who have sacrificed their football for the greater good.

It's the only fair and just way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE23 said:

CARD said:

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) has urged Charlton fans not to gift the current owner a leaving present, which it believes could be the effect of purchasing a 2018/19 season ticket before the sale of the club is finalised.

The Addicks recently put season tickets back on sale until the end of the month, claiming that some fans had missed out because their phones were busy on the original deadline day of May 7th.

A CARD spokesperson said: “We are very optimistic that the club will be taken over by new owners in the near future, but it hasn’t happened yet.

“Anyone tempted to buy a season ticket now should be aware of the risk that Duchatelet will benefit from their money rather than the incoming administration. It may go in his pocket, not to support new owners’ plans for next season.

“There is also a risk that Duchatelet takes your money and then decides not to go through with the sale of the club, which could mean you are committed to paying to watch a team which is then stripped of its better players.

“CARD welcomes the prospect of new owners and once they are confirmed to be in place we hope as many people as possible will sign up for season tickets, but we would strongly caution against buying now because there are no guarantees where your money will go.

“Don’t risk giving Duchatelet a leaving gift he doesn’t deserve.”

CARD said:

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) has urged Charlton fans not to gift the current owner a leaving present, which it believes could be the effect of purchasing a 2018/19 season ticket before the sale of the club is finalised.

The Addicks recently put season tickets back on sale until the end of the month, claiming that some fans had missed out because their phones were busy on the original deadline day of May 7th.

A CARD spokesperson said: “We are very optimistic that the club will be taken over by new owners in the near future, but it hasn’t happened yet.

“Anyone tempted to buy a season ticket now should be aware of the risk that Duchatelet will benefit from their money rather than the incoming administration. It may go in his pocket, not to support new owners’ plans for next season.

“There is also a risk that Duchatelet takes your money and then decides not to go through with the sale of the club, which could mean you are committed to paying to watch a team which is then stripped of its better players.

“CARD welcomes the prospect of new owners and once they are confirmed to be in place we hope as many people as possible will sign up for season tickets, but we would strongly caution against buying now because there are no guarantees where your money will go.

A Card spokesman?! Hahaha! I wonder who that may be?!
    Anyone of a number of people who are involved with CARD. There are a lot of good sensible and highly respected people who are involved with CARD and who have in the past done interviews or issued statements.

I'm not involved but I'd guess it's more likely this wasn't Rick or was a joint statement.
  • Options
    Is any season ticket money going to make the slightest difference to Rolands wealth,of course not,it probably wont even register on his bank statement.People will do what they want to do,me,I just want to watch and support the team,could not care less about who owns the club.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Is any season ticket money going to make the slightest difference to Rolands wealth,of course not,it probably wont even register on his bank statement.People will do what they want to do,me,I just want to watch and support the team,could not care less about who owns the club.

Fair point. So let's think about this differently. Completely ignore the protests and any views on the current owner or who may takeover. Forget the lot. It doesn't matter who currently owns us and who is going to buy us.

Look at it like this. You can spend your money now and it goes to someone that wants out and by all accounts is looking like he won't own the club come the start of the season. Or you can wait what could be a little as a week or so and give the money to the people who come in. These people will have fresh ideas for the club and will want to take it forward. Your money can go to them and they can use it on a project to rebuild the club, rebuild relationships with fans, or on players/coaches etc.

Wouldn't you rather your money was used to build something and for the good of the club? Rather than someone who wants out and hasn't invested in anything since a year ago?

And, even if the takeover doesn't happen you still have plenty of time to get your seat. No one is saying don't buy (just delay) they aren't gonna sell out.
  • Options

Ditto, guys.

Why on earth would anyone do anything differently ?

Because I knew we would be renewing a number of season tickets for next season and we wanted to do it in the most cost-effective way. That was by doing so ahead of the Earlybird deadline that was set.

(So on the day of the deadline we cut short a weekend away, drove for over 2hrs to ensure we were back in time to liaise and renew before the deadline. And then half an hour later when the deadline closed they announced they were extending it for no real reason and for no set time. Well impressed).
    Sounds like bad planning to me :smile:
  • Options

My £200 season ticket will make very little difference, but thanks for the patronising advice.

Apologist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018

se9addick said:

Surely any season ticket sales this summer - whether they fall pre or post takeover - will be factored into the sale price?

Well you would of thought so.
    Can you imagine if we sold 22, 000 season tickets this week for the 2018/19 season before the sale of the club and next week we have new owners with Roland walking away with the takings? Nah neither can I .
    Ridiculous request by card surely.
    Not ridiculous more tactical IMHO

The deal isn't done but let's assume it will be soon. A huge spike in sales AFTER a takeover sends a message to the new owners that the fans are behind them.

there is not going to be a price rise and reserved seats are safe for now so why rush?
    2017/18 season ticket holders will have their existing season ticket seats reserved for them until 1pm on Thursday, May 31st and after this time they will temporarily come off sale before being made available for all Charlton supporters to purchase.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

CARD said:

I will give my money to who i want thank you very much
    Can I have some?
  • Options

I'm lost for words.

• Options

It's amazing that there are still RD apologists out there after it is crystal clear what he has done to our club.

Mind you, there is a forum full of them in another place....it's populated by folk who have ingratiated themselves with many of the villains responsible for our recent demise and who fell for their self-serving bullshit hook, line and sinker. Interestingly, they are not great fans of CARD and anyone else who actually cares about the damage that RD has done to our football club and has stood up and attempted to do something about it. In fact their hatred of some of the protestors/groups borders on the pathological, which is interesting because without them we would still be languishing in SE25, or more likely, not exist at all.

I suppose it takes all sorts.....but I do find it very strange.

100%