Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andres Iniesta

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Amazing that neither Iniesta nor Xavi ever won World Player of The Year / Ballon D'Or.

Shows just how high the standard is in this generation of players.

Unlucky that his career coincided with the Messi/Ronaldo domination.
    As much about that as it is that Messi/Ronaldo score the goals and therefore get the glory, whereas Xavi/Iniesta play a less 'flashy' role.
  • Options

Amazing that neither Iniesta nor Xavi ever won World Player of The Year / Ballon D'Or.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or

I was surprised that the last non Ronaldo/Messi winner was Kaka, back in 2007!
  • Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or

I was surprised that the last non Ronaldo/Messi winner was Kaka, back in 2007!
    It was tight in 2013.

Amazing that in 2005 there were 2 english players in the top 3
  • Options
    Duncan Edwards aged, what, 21? A remarkable career in the making, sadly lost.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

The Legend played his last game for Barcelona last night.

The game was a 19.45 kick off.

At 1.00AM Iniesta was still on the pitch in his kit with his shoes off.

Shows how much the club means to him and what a player he has been.

There is already a thread for players leaving clubs, you did not need to start a new one @paulie8290

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81788/summer-2018-transfer-rumours#latest

Personal view is he is not tall enough and I would prefer someone with League One experience like Carruthers at Shef Utd.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

If he cared that much he wouldn’t be off to China.

He can't last 90 minutes for Barcelona anymore. I think he's recognised he ca no longer play at the top level in terms of fitness. Why not take a payday for the last couple of years? He's nothing left to prove whatsoever.
    Yer, has probably earnt fuck all in his career ....
    So Iniesta has realised he can't compete as he wants to at the top level anymore but still wants to play. What do you suggest he does?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Scoham said:

Wonder what he was waiting for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4k51YGdVQ

They get Iniesta... we get this...
    I know what I'd prefer tbh, I doubt Iniesta knows how to wash up..

• Options
    Signs for Vissel Kobe in Japan on a reported 400k a week!
  • Options
    I don't get it. Just retire as a one club man, rather than having a footnote club at the end of your career that nobody will remember or care about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

I don't get it. Just retire as a one club man, rather than having a footnote club at the end of your career that nobody will remember or care about.

At 400k a week - his bank manager will remember and care.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

If it's good enough for Pele, then it's good enough for anyone
  • Options
    cafctom said:

From what i've read, the move is also aimed at Iniesta promoting/launching his wine business in the far east.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cafctom said:

At 400k a week - his bank manager will remember and care.
  • Options
    It'll be interesting how he gets on, whether he can still do his magic when surrounded by mediocre players