Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Move over Yanny & Laurel. Brainstorm or Green Needle? BOTH!!!

2»

Comments

• Options

I think there are enough people who will just say they hear green needle, going down the same route as Weegie boards for example.....in other words, there will always be a percentage of people who like to think that they can perceive the impossible to look clever or some who go along with the myth because they simply like to perpetuate myths.
    That percentage will always be in the minority but it only takes one or two to make others possibly believe it.....just like people using a Weegie board.....there’s always one who will move the glass!
    No one is hearing green needle.....though they will be prepared to lie to their back teeth that they are.

I can hear Green Needle and only Green Needle. I've not the slightest idea what you're banging on about. Weird.
    It’s unfortunate that you don’t know “what I’m banging on about” as you so eloquently put it.
    It most certainly is lateral thinking, which I and and most of us do from time to time.......though it doesn’t necessarily mean that I am right.
  • Options
    Green Needle
  • Options
    Green needle, of course.
  • Options

I think there are enough people who will just say they hear green needle, going down the same route as Weegie boards for example.....in other words, there will always be a percentage of people who like to think that they can perceive the impossible to look clever or some who go along with the myth because they simply like to perpetuate myths.
    That percentage will always be in the minority but it only takes one or two to make others possibly believe it.....just like people using a Weegie board.....there’s always one who will move the glass!
    No one is hearing green needle.....though they will be prepared to lie to their back teeth that they are.

I can hear Green Needle and only Green Needle. I've not the slightest idea what you're banging on about. Weird.
    It’s unfortunate that you don’t know “what I’m banging on about” as you so eloquently put it.
    It most certainly is lateral thinking, which I and and most of us do from time to time.......though it doesn’t necessarily mean that I am right.
    @SoundAsa£ If you want to prove it's the brain tricking you and not imagination, just continuously say Green Needle in your head or even out loud instead of concentrating on what you are hearing. It's just whether your conscious or sub conscious is doing the hearing bit. There must be a connection between the sound frequencies of the two words that allow it to happen. Say any other word or think nothing and you hear Brainstorm.
  • Options
    First one we can choose between... Fantastic.
  • Options
    I've mouthed both the words. There's a similar shape to both of them (another example - mouthing "colourful" or "I love you" looks the same), despite the difference in actual wording

Given the shitty quality of whatever that audio output was, coupled with some tricky overlays of different frequencies/the words being overlaid on each other etc, I'm not surprised about this stuff being a "debate".

It's quite a neat trick though. It's basically a part-explanation as to why we mishear things.
  • Options
    brain needle for me too.
  • Options
    I can hear

Brain Storm
    Green needle
    Brain Needle
    Green Storm

Whatever I think it will say it says.

Pretty amazing imo
  • Options
    You can make it say Green storm and Brain Needle too.

I;m am deeply unnerved.
  • Options

You can make it say Green storm and Brain Needle too.

I;m am deeply unnerved.

Yep, very very odd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What a stupid thing to say, clearly fishing.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    SMW28 said:

What a stupid thing to say, clearly fishing.
    Fishing.......what do you mean by that.....I ain’t fishing at all....just expressing an opinion but I may well be wrong?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Covered End....one minute you say you don’t know what I’m banging on about, the next you ‘like’ a post that says I’m fishing.
    You need to make your mind up moosh!
    Weird.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Covered End....one minute you say you don’t know what I’m banging on about, the next you ‘like’ a post that says I’m fishing.
    You need to make your mind up moosh!
    Weird.

Fair point, so if it's not fishing it is just weirdness (being polite).

PS I can still hear Green Needle on occasions like approximately 50% of us, but according to you those approximate 50% are lying to their back teeth and the last time I checked 300,000 odd according to Twitter, were lying to their back teeth.
    Like I said weird.
  • Options
    Like I say, I may well be completely wrong, it’s just another way of looking at it, as likely or unlikely as it may be.