Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mikel Arteta new Arsenal Manager??? (No, Unai Emery)

Comments

• Luis Enrique?
  • Luis Enrique?

Good shout - although I think he might end up at Chelsea.
  • Arsenal fan tv is going to lose it's shit over this. They were to a man, all hoping for Allegri or Simeone.

The thing is, they’re a bit of a mess of a club with no accountability. Top players started turning their back over their gradual decline, they’re not gonna get a manager with pedigree and silver wear already under his belt
  • To me with Arteta (especially if Cazorla is his assistant) the danger is more of the same, nice looking football, but defensive frailties and a lack of workrate and bottle away from home

It's hard to see him making radical changes, or changing the mindset of some of their pampered stars (e.g. Ozil)
  • Whoever the manager, unless they 150-200m to spend they won't challenge for anything!
  • cabbles said:

Arsenal fan tv is going to lose it's shit over this. They were to a man, all hoping for Allegri or Simeone.

The thing is, they’re a bit of a mess of a club with no accountability. Top players started turning their back over their gradual decline, they’re not gonna get a manager with pedigree and silver wear already under his belt
    Totally agree, I think it’s more likely that Arsenal will finish outside the top 6 than finish in the top 4
  • agim said:

Whoever the manager, unless they 150-200m to spend they won't challenge for anything!

Fact.
  • agim said:

Whoever the manager, unless they 150-200m to spend they won't challenge for anything!

Spurs are well ahead of them in the PL on a smaller budget I imagine
  • Sponsored links:

• Rafa Benitez would be the best choice imo.
  • _MrDick said:

Honestly, I couldn't care less who the next Arsenal manager is

Except that I hope they fail.
  • Gunners for relegation!!??
  • False, Unai Emery set to be announced as the new Arsenal manager.
  • Unai Emery set to be announced according to the BBC

Henry as assistant rumoured too
  • They should wait on Conte.
  • Good at winning Europa Leagues...

Seriously, unless a really good team like Atletico crash out of the Champions League into the Europa League, Chelsea and Arsenal ought to see that as a great opportunity
  • Decent choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Next manager there is on a hiding to nothing, bit like whoever followed Fergie.

Arteta will last a season at most before a more experienced man comes in
  • edited May 2018
    Arsenal set to appoint Emery as boss
  • Really good choice for them... Think he's better than Tuchal

Dont think they could have gone for anyone better than anyone else available; Anchelotti would of course been the best but only as a short term fix
  • Emery is a man that never finished in the top 4 with Sevilla and managed to lose a one-team league with PSG.

Think this appointment is a disaster.
  • Emery is a man that never finished in the top 4 with Sevilla and managed to lose a one-team league with PSG.

Good news

He also has the best win percentage of any PSG manager in there history.

He also has the best win percentage of any PSG manager in there history.

Statistics eh

• anyone as long as their pain goes onnnnnnnnnnn
  • Talal said:

Rafa Benitez would be the best choice imo.

You got three likes and I got two lols for the same suggestion. Shameful example of how many don’t read the whole thread.
  • Redrobo said:

Talal said:

Rafa Benitez would be the best choice imo.

You got three likes and I got two lols for the same suggestion. Shameful example of how many don’t read the whole thread.
    Oh, and we are both right. But for Gods sake, you are one of those who don’t read the thread! Hang your head in shame mate.