Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**A Message to Fans From Lee Bowyer**

1235»

Comments

• For me it's a massive thank you. Our season was as good as over (emotionally, but Lee and Jacko took over and desire crept back in. That is a massive task when the resentment was and still is entrenched in so many fans hearts. There was a real push/pull involved as many fans would have willed anything connected with RD to be a failure. (I believe it to be so. I say many, but possibly not the majority)

As the replacement for KR was a Charlton boy, how could anyone not get behind him. The atmosphere changed and the results rolled in. It was a shame not to make it to Wembley, but the brief time in the sunshine was enough to have most fans buying in to the Bowyer bandwagon .

For me sentimentality isn't a part of what supporting a club is all about, is it EVERYTHING! I/we live for the hope that our dreams for tomorrow can match our highs from the past and maybe surpass them. Our club has been through the shit for too long and too many Charlton people have been cast aside during RD's tenure. If the club is to be resurrected, surely it must be done with the heart of the club in the hands of those in charge. I'd like an experienced seasoned manager to take us to success, but i'd love it, if it were a man with Charlton in his heart. With that thought I say let Lee & Jacko do all he/they can with the support of all the fans and the NEW board behind him. We all love a home-coming.

100% Lee

Great post
  • stonemuse said:

For me it's a massive thank you. Our season was as good as over (emotionally, but Lee and Jacko took over and desire crept back in. That is a massive task when the resentment was and still is entrenched in so many fans hearts. There was a real push/pull involved as many fans would have willed anything connected with RD to be a failure. (I believe it to be so. I say many, but possibly not the majority)

As the replacement for KR was a Charlton boy, how could anyone not get behind him. The atmosphere changed and the results rolled in. It was a shame not to make it to Wembley, but the brief time in the sunshine was enough to have most fans buying in to the Bowyer bandwagon .

For me sentimentality isn't a part of what supporting a club is all about, is it EVERYTHING! I/we live for the hope that our dreams for tomorrow can match our highs from the past and maybe surpass them. Our club has been through the shit for too long and too many Charlton people have been cast aside during RD's tenure. If the club is to be resurrected, surely it must be done with the heart of the club in the hands of those in charge. I'd like an experienced seasoned manager to take us to success, but i'd love it, if it were a man with Charlton in his heart. With that thought I say let Lee & Jacko do all he/they can with the support of all the fans and the NEW board behind him. We all love a home-coming.

100% Lee

Great post
    Agree

We have had so many non CAFC managers since Sir Chris.

The best atmosphere has been since we have had some Charlton guys back at the helm
  • Whoever is our manager next season deserves our support 100%.

Having said that if it is Cahill and not Bowyer I for one will be disappointed.
  • For me it's a massive thank you. Our season was as good as over (emotionally, but Lee and Jacko took over and desire crept back in. That is a massive task when the resentment was and still is entrenched in so many fans hearts. There was a real push/pull involved as many fans would have willed anything connected with RD to be a failure. (I believe it to be so. I say many, but possibly not the majority)

100% Lee

Spot on