Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**A Message to Fans From Lee Bowyer**

Comments

• Options
    Thank you Lee Bowyer and Johnnie Jackson. You both get what Charlton is about and I enjoyed watching the style of effective football you produced. Thank you for uniting the club at its most divided time.

Let's go one better next year.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think Lee Bowyer has behaved in an excellent manner, I want him appointed manager on a full time basis.
    His comment that he was convinced we would get promotion is a bit over the top. For most of the season, at best the team were average.

He’s right, we should have got promotion. I think we’ve got an excellent squad which should have walked this league. The problem we’ve had all season is the tactics for the most part. Losing Clarke was a major blow imo. Not shooting constantly was a mistake.
    Should have walked this league? Really? We looked like men against boys sometimes, and were made to look very average on quite a few occasions. You can't always blame the manager you know. (Family motto.)
    You can if it's Karl Robinson
  • Options
    Class. Changed my mind, I’m now a fan.
  • Options
    I really hope that he stays on as manager
    A light at the end of the tunnel after the dross
    we have had since Chris Powell left.
    Thank you Lee always rated you as a player!
  • Options
    He's proved his mellowed, the Bowyer of old would have knocked the twats on the pitch right out!. Must be all the fishing :wink:
    Give him the gig ffs!.
  • Options
    Very class act. Proud of having him as our manager like I was with SCP and first one since SCP that I feel that way towards.

Hope he stays but it seems doubtful.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

Nice but just words. If it was KR he'd be getting a barrage of abuse.
    Not sure what he's supposed to do though. Medium of dance?
  • Options
    Mind you, that was quite a knock to the head he took up at Shrewsbury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When he says ‘the owner’ why are we assuming it’s RD he’s talking about? If it is why not say Mr Duchatelet? When Bowyer was appointed we were told that prospective buyers had agreed that Bow would stay as manager until the end of the season, and this in the face of a mountain of speculation that Kewell was to be appointed. Maybe this is a veiled thank you to Muir and co for agreeing to that and giving him that chance. Of course he can’t say Muir by name at this moment in time hence ‘the owner’. Just a thought.
  • Options

I think Lee Bowyer has behaved in an excellent manner, I want him appointed manager on a full time basis.
    His comment that he was convinced we would get promotion is a bit over the top. For most of the season, at best the team were average.

He’s right, we should have got promotion. I think we’ve got an excellent squad which should have walked this league. The problem we’ve had all season is the tactics for the most part. Losing Clarke was a major blow imo. Not shooting constantly was a mistake.
    I do believe you are actually serious. You think we should have walked this league?

You think we were comfortably the best team in the league?

You must be about the only person daft enough to think that.

Another apologist?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Good: Thanks Lee for the most fun I have had as a Charlton supporter in many years.

Bad: Fuck RD. He didn't appoint you because he had believed in you. He doesn't operate like that.
  • Options

If nobody else will say it I will, whys he mentioning the owner? He was only ever appointed because RD was never gonna pay anyone else. Surely he knows that. Thought he’d have more backbone than that. Disappointing.

He has not wasted many words on RD. I think you flogging a bit of a dead horse.

• Options
    Talal said:

Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

Not knocking him, just funny the difference in how people react just cos he's a Charlton man.

KR "I truly believe we can beat any team on our day. We have the best team in league 1'

lose to Plymouth early in the season....

Charlton Life 'he talks so much shit, these players are wankers.

LB 'i truly believe we can beat any team across two legs'

Loses both legs 1-0

Charlton Life 'love him, proper charlton, hope he gets the job.

• Options
    Great statement of honest devotion for the club.
    The man proved he's got the testicles, now show us the tactical.
    Give him the job
  • Options
    There is very little to recommend Harry Kewell as Charlton manager outside of a PR exercise for the owners back in Australia - and that is of precisely fuck all benefit to us.

He has done nothing at Crawley this season - they ended up bottom half of the table and lost nearly half their games.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/league-two/table

If he had got them into the Play Offs or challenging for them it might be different but if John McGreal - manager of Colchester United who finished one place higher than Crawley - is not a candidate for the Charlton job then why should Kewell be other than the fact he is an Aussie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

Following Sunday's disappointment at Shrewsbury, Lee Bowyer has the following message for fans...

The last two months have been some of the most enjoyable of my career in football and I’d like to thank everyone associated with Charlton Athletic for that.

When I first took charge in late March, we had a real challenge in front of us to make the play-offs and I am grateful for the way everyone at the club and the fans pulled together to help get us there. From my first game against Plymouth there was that togetherness. The players went out there and gave me a great start and I won’t forget that goal from Lewis Page for a long time. The noise that day was outstanding too and a sign of things to come.

Since then, it felt like we were on a journey. The players were superb, I demanded 100 per cent from them every time they trained and every time they stepped onto the football pitch and, to a man, they gave me that.

I’d also like to thank Jacko - he’s been so important. You can see the work he’s done with the defence, we conceded just seven goals in my 12 games in charge and he must take a lot of credit for that. He’s also been outstanding on the training pitches and by my side on the touchline in the games.

The staff around the club have been brilliant too. There are a lot of good people doing great work at Charlton and I am very grateful for the support they have given me.

I think I’ve said it in pretty much every press conference I’ve done, but the fans have been outstanding. I asked them to support the boys and get behind them and they went over and above and that does give the players that little bit extra. I mentioned the Plymouth game and it continued from there, the Portsmouth and Blackburn games especially stick out, and they were brilliant in our play-off games against Shrewsbury too.

Finally, I’d like to thank the owner. He believed in me and gave me the opportunity to take charge.

As well as the thank yous, I’d also like to apologise. I wanted promotion, I thought we would get promoted and it hurts and frustrates me that we didn’t get there. I know how important it was to the fans and everyone at the club and I am truly gutted we weren’t able to get our win at Wembley.

As for my future, you may have seen my comments to the press this weekend. Do I want to be at Charlton? Yes, I love the club. I loved it when I first joined all those years ago and that feeling has only been enhanced by the way people have supported me over the last 18 months.

I can only be honest and, for me, I want to be manager, that’s not an ultimatum or demand, it is just how I feel. But that is for another day and today is about apologising for missing out on promotion and, more importantly, saying thank you to all of you. This is a special club and whether I am here or not, I hope the club gets the promotion the fans and staff deserve next season.

15th May 2018 15:45pm

A class act. Well done.
  • Options

Just give him the job and £uck off

• Options
    edited May 2018

Good: Thanks Lee for the most fun I have had as a Charlton supporter in many years.

Bad: Fuck RD. He didn't appoint you because he had believed in you. He doesn't operate like that.

I doubt the senile old scroat even knows who Bowyer is.
  • Options
    Great post @NornIrishAddick. 100% what I feel.
  • Options
    Whoever is our next manager, Bowyer or Kewell or somebody else, we need to judge them by their actions - not before they start.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Talal said:

Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

Not knocking him, just funny the difference in how people react just cos he's a Charlton man.

KR "I truly believe we can beat any team on our day. We have the best team in league 1'

lose to Plymouth early in the season....

Charlton Life 'he talks so much shit, these players are wankers.

LB 'i truly believe we can beat any team across two legs'

Loses both legs 1-0

Charlton Life 'love him, proper charlton, hope he gets the job.

the thing is at the end of last season we still had a few games left and Robinson spent most of his 40 minute press conferences talking about how he was gonna change things, the players, the system and how meire and co have been supportive of his ideas. he was talking shit from the start and it wound me up that we still had a few games left and he had already dismissed the season.

then the bit your talking about, after all that hot air his chance had come. he's had just under half of last season and all the summer to get prepared. he then says the quote you said that "we got the best team in league 1". what kind of arrogant knob would come up with that? not even sure Mournhio would. then we lose and it turns out we haven't got the best team in the league. then people start to see how full of it Robinson is.

now for Bowyers quote which had far more creditability even though i didn't believe it but in only two games things can happen, especially in usually nervous affairs like the play offs. (how things could of change by even just having a decent ref for example) so it was no where close to some of the fanciful statements we heard from Robinson.
  • Options
    You have to try to instill confidence.
  • Options
    I have really enjoyed watching Lee and listening to him as a manager.
    When he talks he really reminds me of Curbs.
    I'd love him to stay.
    Can't see it happening.
    Thanks Lee xx