Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018/2019 Completed Transfers (NON CAFC RELATED)

Comments

• West Ham have signed Felipe Anderson for 36m from Lazio.

Pellegrini has made some decent signings this summer, unfortunately they could do quite well next season.

Think they need to the amount the have spent
  • West Ham have signed Felipe Anderson for 36m from Lazio.

Pellegrini has made some decent signings this summer, unfortunately they could do quite well next season.

Or they could do an Everton and flop big time - Dont see West Ham turning to Big Sam to save them if it dont work
  • At what stage are West Ham likely to fall foul of FIFA for government subsidies?
  • Mahrez has gone City

Shaqiri in talks with Liverpool

really? Surprised at that one.

Been linked for a couple of months so I'm not. Adds cover for Liverpool without breaking the bank.
    good wholehearted performer .. at today's inflated/extortionate prices, a snip at a mere £13 millionish
  • At what stage are West Ham likely to fall foul of FIFA for government subsidies?

Real Madrid has been pretty much a wholly owned subsidiary of the Spanish government for years
  • Mahrez has gone City

Been linked for a couple of months so I'm not. Adds cover for Liverpool without breaking the bank.
    good wholehearted performer .. at today's inflated/extortionate prices, a snip at a mere £13 millionish
    Agreed, not going to dislodge Mane and Salah but decent cover along with Lallana.

African cup of nations will hurt them this season though. 4/5 players in it although not sure Guinea will qualify meaning Keita will be available.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a campaign to get African cup moved to the summer to be honest.
  • Brighton have signed David Button from Fulham
  • Liverpool have signed Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke on a five-year deal, after triggering his £13m release clause.

£13m is a bargain thanks to that clause. They have a lot of attacking options now, if perhaps a lack of No 9 cover
    Shaqiri is apparently unfazed at the prospect of not getting much game time at Anfield.

He'll play Whenever, Wherever.
  • Brighton have signed David Button from Fulham

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44851295
    What is it with us and keepers!? So many that we either let go, don't consider good enough, keep on the bench end up at Premier league sides. There must be quite a list.
  • Hamer | Button was probably a similar case to Elliot | Randolph

Both were good Goalkeepers but as only one can play, the other will get impatient and wont want to stay No.2

Not to mention Button left us and dropped into League One with Brentford so there was no guarantee that he'd have had this upward curve to his career had Brentford not prospered themselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Mahrez has gone City

Agreed, not going to dislodge Mane and Salah but decent cover along with Lallana.

African cup of nations will hurt them this season though. 4/5 players in it although not sure Guinea will qualify meaning Keita will be available.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a campaign to get African cup moved to the summer to be honest.
    Already happened. 2019 African cup of nations is in June next summer.
  • edited July 2018
    It might have been mentioned before, I pointed it out on another thread .. Millwall have signed central defender Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe .. in my opinion, over the past few seasons, probably the best player in his position in our division
  • Mahrez has gone City

Already happened. 2019 African cup of nations is in June next summer.
    Well you learn something new every day! Obviously not surprised given my previous comments, but completely missed the news it had moved.
  • Ipswich have signed Gwion Edwards from Peterborough

For all their spending this summer he'll be a big loss to them!!
  • Liverpool have made a bid of around 62m for Roma and Brazil keeper Alisson.

If they get him then for me they will be definite title contenders.

Should spend whatever is required to get him

Premier League might be tough to win with Man City's depth but they'll surely be Champions League contendors and will recoup that money regardless where they finish in the League or in Europe

Liverpool denied it

Must have watched a different World cup to me, thought he was awful. They need a keeper desperately but no way would I be signing Alisson, especially not for that money.
  • I don’t think Alisson is anywhere near that much to be honest. Roma should bite their hand off for that
  • edited July 2018

Liverpool have made a bid of around 62m for Roma and Brazil keeper Alisson.

Must have watched a different World cup to me, thought he was awful. They need a keeper desperately but no way would I be signing Alisson, especially not for that money.
    Was superb for Roma last season, keeps Ederson out of the Brazil side and is a HUGE step up from Mignolet and Karius. Liverpool will be delighted if they get him. Add that to Keita, Fabinho and possibly Fekir and they've had a brilliant transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

Was superb for Roma last season, keeps Ederson out of the Brazil side and is a HUGE step up from Mignolet and Karius. Liverpool will be delighted if they get him. Add that to Keita, Fabinho and possibly Fekir and they've had a brilliant transfer window.
    I think if they dont get a 'keeper and centre back alongside van Dijk then the signings of Keita etc. will have been for nothing

Admittedly I don't know much about Serie A and have only read about his performances at Roma. But from what I saw he looked shaky and I coudn't believe he was keeping Ederson out of the side.

Not the only decent player to have a poor World Cup though so guess I shouldn't judge him yet. Seems a lot but don't get me wrong they need a keeper desperately. Thought they would go in for Butland or Trapp to be honest.
  • Liverpool looking to spend £70m on a goalkeeper. Twice the asking price of our proud club.

Football is fucked.

Admittedly I don't know much about Serie A and have only read about his performances at Roma. But from what I saw he looked shaky and I coudn't believe he was keeping Ederson out of the side.

Not the only decent player to have a poor World Cup though so guess I shouldn't judge him yet. Seems a lot but don't get me wrong they need a keeper desperately. Thought they would go in for Butland or Trapp to be honest.
    Or even Nick Pope...
  • Oxford have signed Jamie Mackie on a two year deal which is a good move for them, just a shame its under Robinson

Alisson is set to sign a five year deal with Liverpool having arrived via. private jet for his medical
  • Alison set to cost more than double the asking price of Courtois.... Mental
  • Who is Scouser's keeper coach? Not a great record on recent signings of a stopper. Trust him with £70m?
  • sam3110 said:

Alison set to cost more than double the asking price of Courtois.... Mental

And Charlton
  • Surprised Liverpool didn’t go for Oblak, would have been a top signing. Could see Chelsea looking at him if they lose Courtois.
  • Surprised Liverpool didn’t go for Oblak, would have been a top signing. Could see Chelsea looking at him if they lose Courtois.

Supposedly they initially did but his release fee is apparently over £80m so they went for Alisson instead.
    sam3110 said:

Alison set to cost more than double the asking price of Courtois.... Mental

Courtois' asking price is much lower because he only has a year left on his contract and has told Chelsea he won't sign a new one. Hence they either get what they can for him now or he walks on a free next summer.