Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018/2019 Completed Transfers (NON CAFC RELATED)

Comments

• Options
    Looking back, the key signing City made last summer was Ederson as he was superb for them last season. £35m, for the improvement in that position he delivered, was money well spent

• Options

Looking back, the key signing City made last summer was Ederson as he was superb for them last season. £35m, for the improvement in that position he delivered, was money well spent

When you look at their Signings over the summer, everyone else apart from Walker played bit part roles really

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Manchester_City_F.C._season#Transfers_in
  • Options

When you look at their Signings over the summer, everyone else apart from Walker played bit part roles really

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Manchester_City_F.C._season#Transfers_in
    Silva played 35 out of 38 games
    Mendy was out injured for 7 months

So its only Danilo who played 22 out if 38 games
  • Options
    Interesting, I knew that Bernardo Silva had been used yet not as much as that
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Ross said:

Fabinho, Fekir, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner

Not a bad midfield.

I really can't see how they need Fabinho but a decent signing nonetheless

A front 4 of Fekir, Salah, Firmino and Mane is right up there with City's IMO
    Just need a back four and a goalkeeper now.
    Van Dijk isn't a bad player
    He's not at all no. Maybe he needs time to settle there. They have no depth though. Hopefully Gomez can stay fit but partnering either of them with Lovren isn't the answer.
  • Options

Ross said:

Not a bad midfield.

He's not at all no. Maybe he needs time to settle there. They have no depth though. Hopefully Gomez can stay fit but partnering either of them with Lovren isn't the answer.
    Lovren has got better but I agree they need another quality CB, and obviously a keeper. Sign those two and another striker to compete and I think they have a real shot at the title.
  • Options
    Not official yet but
    Buffon heading to PSG by all accounts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Carlisle to Stevenage. He must have played for half the football league since he left us?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Carlisle to Stevenage. He must have played for half the football league since he left us?

His last 4 permanent clubs have been Sheffield United, Barnet, Carlisle and now Stevenage, so he hasn't exactly stayed in one part of the country either! I imagine Stevenage is nearer home than Carlisle...
  • Options

Silva played 35 out of 38 games
    Mendy was out injured for 7 months

So its only Danilo who played 22 out if 38 games
    Slightly misleading though as he only started 15 of those 35 games. He played half as many minutes as De Bruyne.
  • Options

Ross said:

Not a bad midfield.

Lovren has got better but I agree they need another quality CB, and obviously a keeper. Sign those two and another striker to compete and I think they have a real shot at the title.
    Agree with that.

If they can buy a top keeper and a CB then if they get Fekir to go with Keita and Fabinho, then they're as strong as any other side in the league.
  • Options
    Kal Naismith from Portsmouth to Wigan free transfer
  • Options

Ross said:

Not a bad midfield.

Agree with that.

If they can buy a top keeper and a CB then if they get Fekir to go with Keita and Fabinho, then they're as strong as any other side in the league.
    They have a brilliant CB who is looking to sign a new contract, although he still has 4 years on his old one, you know who :wink:
  • Options

Kal Naismith from Portsmouth to Wigan free transfer

I would have thought Wigan would be after better players than that
  • Options

Ross said:

Not a bad midfield.

Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomes and Robertson are a decent starting point.
  • Options
    Alex Woodyard Lincoln to Peterborough.
    Can see Peterborough being top 6 next season.
  • Options

Alex Woodyard Lincoln to Peterborough.
    Can see Peterborough being top 6 next season.

Don't Peterborough always flatter to deceive with their transfer dealings? Apart from anything else they also tend to sell their best players as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, the last few years they always seem to get good deals done, nice and early too.
    Never seem to do anything come the end of the season though
  • Options
    Peterborough's season will hinge on whether they lose Maddison and Marriott, and if so who they replace them with
  • Options

Ross said:

Not a bad midfield.

Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomes and Robertson are a decent starting point.
    Good names, but too inconsistent as a unit last season. They looked a car crash in some games. No depth beyond them either.
  • Options
    John Terry has left Aston Villa, going to be interesting now to see where he goes and whether he's the last outgoing player from that Squad - They really needed promotion on Saturday as their Parachute Payments have now ended
  • Options

John Terry has left Aston Villa, going to be interesting now to see where he goes and whether he's the last outgoing player from that Squad - They really needed promotion on Saturday as their Parachute Payments have now ended

Think I read they still had some but it has gone down by about 20 million and are now in massive trouble of failing FFPP.
    Average wage is 30,000

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-ffp-championship-bruce-14718302

Oh and Terry will rock up at Derby as Player/Coach
  • Options

Think I read they still had some but it has gone down by about 20 million and are now in massive trouble of failing FFPP.
    Average wage is 30,000

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-ffp-championship-bruce-14718302

Oh and Terry will rock up at Derby as Player/Coach
    Terry to US of A...
  • Options
    Reise Allasani (Dulwich Hamlet) has signed for Coventry City.
  • Options
    Mahrez and Jorginho set to join Man City
  • Options

Mahrez and Jorginho set to join Man City

Ridiculous array of attacking midfield/wide options for City next season.

Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez plus Foden if they don't send him on loan.
  • Options
    Really hope that Foden goes somewhere like Leicester or Brighton on loan in the summer

Staying @ Man City or going to Celtic (like Patrick Roberts) will potentially stagnate his career, even at this early age - He's proven as a 17-year old that he can handle the Premier League, yet needs to properly proof it