Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Wedding Thread

Comments

• Options

Gorgeous day for it.

Get your Union Jacks out everyone

The bunting was put up last night.

Absolutely loving the pictures of communities coming together for the special day, scenes not seen since....ere.... the last Royal wedding, or was it the Jubilee? Forget now...
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited May 2018

I can’t be the only one having a party?

Anyone else doing anything / going to an event etc?

My Mrs is American, she absolutely loves all this. Having a BBQ. Got to put the bunting up in a bit. Don’t mind it myself, got a lot of time for a Harry.
  • Options
    Also remember the 1977 Silver Jubilee. Our estate in Charlton had a massive party.

Am in Athens at the moment so no Royal Wedding for me. Am being subjected to football from 5pm onwards with Celtic v Motherwell and then Man Utd v Chelsea in an Irish bar. I did ask them yesterday if they were decking the place out in red, white and blue and playing the national anthem on repeat for the whole afternoon. Am still trying to translate their response ;)
  • Options
    Working until 3PM, don’t expect it to be busy and will watch it on the telly.

They look a lovely couple and wish them all the best with their married life together.

God bless the royal family.
  • Options

thankfully will be on a plane when this charade takes place

Charade?? Charade?????

It’s the event of the year in the AFKA household. Can’t wait.

I’ve so many flags and bunting I’m going to have to start putting it up on Thursday!!

Rule Brittania
    This is where we should be able to flag a mods post. Disgraceful behaviour.....
  • Options
    Shag said:

im having a party too AFKA , wedding/cup final BBQ , tons of bunting

At first glance I thought you had put Bumming.
  • Options
    Wish them nothing but the best day of their lives and a long and happy marriage.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    BBC, talking about street parties, went to a bloke to ask what the last street party was for.

His response was one we'd all be proud of.

It was for someone's 80th, however it was a more of a back passage party and not the whole street -I've never seen a journalist move on so quickly.
  • Options

BBC, talking about street parties, went to a bloke to ask what the last street party was for.

It was for someone's 80th, however it was a more of a back passage party and not the whole street -I've never seen a journalist move on so quickly.

I just see that, what did he mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Judging by his friends laughter, he just wanted to say back passage on live TV
  • Options
    Nearly 2 billion people will be watching.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

thankfully will be on a plane when this charade takes place

I'm begging my wife to take me shopping - that's how much I want to avoid it!
    Shame they don’t do the whole day fa cup coverage like they did when I was a kid shame such a big competition doesn’t get the attention anymore
    It used to be such a special day (not least because it was one of only a handful of games live on television) - started with breakfast in the players hotel, on the coaches as they traveled to Wembley, community singing.

God, I'm old.</blockquote

Used to kick off at 3pm too. Things ain't what they used to be.
  • Options

Having cucumber sarnies and pims in front of the telly. Feeling a bit emotional just thinking about it! Not sure what has happened to me....
  • Options

Judging by his friends laughter, he just wanted to say back passage on live TV
    Missed the opportunity to say "gentleman's back passage".
  • Options

Having cucumber sarnies and pims in front of the telly. Feeling a bit emotional just thinking about it! Not sure what has happened to me....
    Just had a bacon sarnie and mug of tea sitting in the garden - avoiding the TV like the plague.
  • Options
    George Clooney arriving - looks like he's had a few already
  • Options
    Don't mind the royals but I'm not overly fussed.

I remember having a lovely lie in after a heavy night out and missing William and Kate's wedding.

Those days are gone - a very interested little girl and a curious toddler want to watch this one!
  • Options
    Victoria Beckham is such a sort
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Doesn't she know she's on the telly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Croydon said:

Face like a smacked arse though
  • Options
    Fashion expert on Victoria Beckham's dress - "yes, it's by so and so and looks really nice with a smile..."
  • Options
    We got married on cup final day 1981.......
    Man City v Spurs?
    Ricky Villa goal if I remember rightly, great way of remembering its your anniversary, when the BBC start mentioning it in April. ;)
    Have a great day you good people having a party, the weathers looking good. :)

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Man City v Spurs?
    Ricky Villa goal if I remember rightly, great way of remembering its your anniversary, when the BBC start mentioning it in April. ;)

Remember that game - didn't it go to a replay?
  • Options
    Just had a bet on the queen to be wearing a blue hat at 4/1 and Elton John to be first dance... Think i may have a gambling problem
  • Options

T_C_E said:

Man City v Spurs?

Steve Mackenzie and Garth Crooks both played in that.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Just had a bet on the queen to be wearing a blue hat at 4/1 and Elton John to be first dance... Think i may have a gambling problem

Those are some weird odds. Did they tell you when Elton was free for the dance?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I reckon you have mate, in fact I'd put money on it
  • Options

T_C_E said:

Man City v Spurs?

Steve Mackenzie and Garth Crooks both played in that.
    And Tommy Caton.