Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Royal Wedding Thread

Comments

• JohnBoyUK said:

In Petts Wood, one of our neighbours mentioned the Royal Wedding on the neighbourhood Whatsapp group a few months back. Since then, it has turned into a full blown street party. Bromley Council are closing our road from 8am - 6pm although the party is from 1-5pm or something like that. They've gone absolutely bonkers: a beer and pimms tent, an ice cream, big inflatable stuff for the kids, face painting, all sorts of stuff going. We was speaking to our direct neighbour last night who is leadng the organising committee and at last count, there's 240 people coming!

40 of the 41 houses in the road are taking part or getting invovled in some way or another...apart from the bastards at no.28 who have been trying to sell their house to property developers for the last couple of years and the developers have had the planning permission refused 3-4 times already. Miserable bastards!

I've been lumbered into taking the photos and no doubt some will end up in the News Shopper or something similar.

Brilliant! I remember as a ten year old the street parties for the Silver Jubilee in 1977. Loved it.
  • Greenie said:

thankfully will be on a plane when this charade takes place

Charade?? Charade?????

It’s the event of the year in the AFKA household. Can’t wait.

I’ve so many flags and bunting I’m going to have to start putting it up on Thursday!!

Rule Brittania
    Here here

Me and Mrs can't wait and I couldn't give a toss what anyone thinks.

"Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
    Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

When Britain first, at heaven's command,
    Arose from out the azure main,
    This was the charter of the land,
    And Guardian Angels sang this strain:

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!

The nations not so blest as thee
    Must, in their turn, to tyrants fall,
    While thou shalt flourish great and free:
    The dread and envy of them all.

Still more majestic shalt thou rise,
    More dreadful from each foreign stroke,
    As the loud blast that tears the skies
    Serves but to root thy native oak.

Thee haughty tyrants ne'er shall tame;
    All their attempts to bend thee down
    Will but arouse thy generous flame,
    But work their woe and thy renown.

To thee belongs the rural reign;
    Thy cities shall with commerce shine;
    All thine shall be the subject main,
    And every shore it circles, thine.

The Muses, still with freedom found,
    Shall to thy happy coasts repair.
    Blest isle! with matchless beauty crowned,
    And manly hearts to guard the fair.

Britons never, never, never shall be slaves"
    Remind me again, where do you live?
    How is thst relevant?
  • no royal bashing from me but the drama and endless documentaries are starting to get on my nerves.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

In Petts Wood, one of our neighbours mentioned the Royal Wedding on the neighbourhood Whatsapp group a few months back. Since then, it has turned into a full blown street party. Bromley Council are closing our road from 8am - 6pm although the party is from 1-5pm or something like that. They've gone absolutely bonkers: a beer and pimms tent, an ice cream, big inflatable stuff for the kids, face painting, all sorts of stuff going. We was speaking to our direct neighbour last night who is leadng the organising committee and at last count, there's 240 people coming!

40 of the 41 houses in the road are taking part or getting invovled in some way or another...apart from the bastards at no.28 who have been trying to sell their house to property developers for the last couple of years and the developers have had the planning permission refused 3-4 times already. Miserable bastards!

I've been lumbered into taking the photos and no doubt some will end up in the News Shopper or something similar.

Brilliant! I remember as a ten year old the street parties for the Silver Jubilee in 1977. Loved it.
    I remember a free bar all day and night at the Radical Club, Plumstead (members only) for the 77 Jubilee. Loved it!!
  • I'm not a Royalist but it's sad for the couple that only one parent out of 4 will be at the wedding.
    Enjoy the day Doria Ragland, and as Thomas Markle has thrown a sickie I think it's only fitting that Doria and Meghan walk down the aisel.

• I can’t be the only one having a party?

Anyone else doing anything / going to an event etc?

Yep,

We and a few others are going round to a pal's place.

I think TV coverage starts at 9.00am so that's when we'll crack open the booze. What's not to like!

• ABTRW
  • JohnBoyUK said:

You'll need more than one 99 for that many people:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas. Fucking. Witchell.
  • It's wonderful that the royal family have stopped marrying their 1st cousins.
    That was madness.
  • I entered this thread with a bullet proof vest on expecting to see full scale riots, but it’s full of each to their ownery, what’s happening to this forum!
  • Happy for em, not sure why but there is something very British about it all, but I won’t watch it that’s for sure.
  • I'm not a Royalist but it's sad for the couple that only one parent out of 4 will be at the wedding.
    Enjoy the day Doria Ragland, and as Thomas Markle has thrown a sickie I think it's only fitting that Doria and Meghan walk down the aisel.

Anyone who genuinely thinks H looks more like Hewitt than he does Charles, is either blind or stupid.
  • edited May 2018

I'm not a Royalist but it's sad for the couple that only one parent out of 4 will be at the wedding.

I'm not a Royalist but it's sad for the couple that only one parent out of 4 will be at the wedding.

Anyone who genuinely thinks H looks more like Hewitt than he does Charles, is either blind or stupid.
    You must have your Royal tinted glasses on if you think Harry looks like Charlie, as opposed to his fellow ginger.

Really? What does your Labrador think Stevie?

You must have your Royal tinted glasses on if you think Harry looks like Charlie, as opposed to his fellow ginger.

Look at the facial features of them, both Harry and Charles have got the same nose and the same big ears. Ffs, Harry looks more like Charles than Wills does

• Honestly fellas, I'm obviously proud of my cultural heritage and it does hit a nerve when people continually bash it. If you're happy to see it all go down the swanny then fair enough, but I'm quite happy with it as is and think they do a cracking job.

it's just jealousy mate, imagine being jealous of a ginger!
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:

Just the one ice cream? Stingy buggers.

I will unfortunately be in Belgium supporting ROT but otherwise we would have gone to the wedding party in the Greenwich Pleasuance which I expect will have all the bunting and be loads of fun. Anyone short of a party to go to in the area should pop along.
  • Honestly fellas, I'm obviously proud of my cultural heritage and it does hit a nerve when people continually bash it. If you're happy to see it all go down the swanny then fair enough, but I'm quite happy with it as is and think they do a cracking job.

If people want to celebrate that is fine and if people don't that is surely fine too. Looking at the thread, those in the former camp are hardly being attacked or abused by the latter - it hits a nerve with me when people have chips on their shoulders over nothing - who is continually bashing anything here? I am not a royalist, but personally, I hope they have a happy life together. Sorry if that doesn't give you a reason to foam at the mouth over.

If people want to celebrate that is fine and if people don't that is surely fine too. Looking at the thread, those in the former camp are hardly being attacked or abused by the latter - it hits a nerve with me when people have chips on their shoulders over nothing - who is continually bashing anything here? I am not a royalist, but personally, I hope they have a happy life together. Sorry if that doesn't give you a reason to foam at the mouth over.
    Don't apologise mate
  • edited May 2018
    Get that chip off your shoulder and enjoy the day - nobody is going to stop you or even wants to stop you doing so. :)
  • Get that chip off your shoulder and enjoy the day - nobody is going to stop you or even wants to stop you doing so. :)

Chip? What are talking about?

it's just jealousy mate, imagine being jealous of a ginger!
    Meghan Markle though...
  • Gorgeous day for it.

Get your Union Jacks out everyone
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I was 7 in 1977.

I remember winning the only thing I’ve ever won in a raffle.

It was a size 6 men’s Stuart Surridge cricket bat. It was bigger than I was.

My older brother stole it from me about 30 seconds after I got home with it.

• Well, it’s definitely something I won’t be watching, but I hope everyone who likes that sort of thing enjoys it and has a good time.