Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

1199200201202203205»

Comments

• SDAddick said:

I forgot Coutinho in mine but I think he deserves to be in there, he was absolute quality.

I don't think there's anyone in there that's outrageous. The one I'd have the biggest issue with is Marcelo, but I don't know that there was a leftback who was massively better.

I think Thiago Silva was very good, but I think it's cheating to put him at RB, especially with Trippier and Pavard both having excellent tournaments, as did Vrsaljko for that matter.
    Apart from scoring that wonder goal agaisnt Argentina I can't remember him doing much particularly amazing so I'd go with Trippier in that position. :wink:
  • This is voted by the fans?

Yeah
  • Seems like they decided the formation of the team would be 433 then looked at what players to put in it.

Kante/Pogba should be ahead of Ronaldo imo

No arguing with Godin and Varane but Silva shouldn't be there, certainly not at RB (again formation forced)
  • edited July 2018
    What an absolute farce letting it get voted for by the fans.

How on earth can Marcelo and Thiago Silva be in there?
    Where is Trippier?
    Ronaldo? Pathetic. Ronaldo's world cup ended 4 minutes into the second group match. He went missing in their next 2 games and they didn't even make the quarters. Hazard, Perisic, Mandzukic or even Griezmann had better tournaments.
    Where are Pogba or Kante or even Rakitic in midfield?
    Same number of Brazilians as France and Croatia combined?

The whole thing is about as laughable as the FIFA rankings.
  • This is voted by the fans?

Yeah
    If and when China qualified for the World Cup there would be 11 Chinese players in this 'FIFA Dream Team' :lol:

Well, unless FIFA use weighted voting....
  • Fan votes are always nonsense anyway

They would better if you weren't allowed to vote for players from your own country for a start.
  • You could only pick a max of three players per country
  • At least it wasn't Neymar that got in... It's all just a popularity contest really though isn't it... Very harsh.on peresic, hazard and trippier though. How many goals and assists did Coutinho actually have in the tournament? Did he even get a man of the match in his 5 games? Do people around the world really think Kane was England's best player in the tournament? I thought ronaldo only had one good game and even in that game didn't effect play THAT much in between his early pen and late free kick - he didn't exactly control the game or anything did he? My only memory of Marcelo in this whole tournament was an early substitution due to a back spasm.

• Can't have Marcelo or Thiago Silva in the team , the only Brazilian that merits a place is Coutinho. Trippier should definitely be in the team.
  • Brazilian fan boys love all this stuff. They are clearly the Arsenal of International football when it comes to a vote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trippier not in it is a complete joke!
  • edited July 2018
    I see that Three Lions fell from no.1 on the UK chart last week to no.97 this week!!!

The biggest fall from the top in chart history.
  • That's really interesting. A relatively uncontroversial half time team talk as France were ahead though, it would have been more fun had they been losing, with certain players having a complete mare!
  • I see that Three Lions fell from no.1 on the UK chart last week to no.97 this week!!!

Who the hell is still downloading it?
  • I see that Three Lions fell from no.1 on the UK chart last week to no.97 this week!!!

Three what ?
  • Pavard goal is officially the goal of the tournament.
  • Juan Quintero free kick against Japan came 2nd...... then I realised it was a fan voted poll.