Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Don't even know how you begin to decide who to leave out from Khedira, Kroos, Gundogan, Muller, Draxler, Reus, Ozil, Sane and Werner.

Literally any 4-5 could play and they're still brilliant.
  • Imagine having the luxury of leaving out players like Can, Mustafi, Schurrle and Gotze.

Then we'll see the insane list of players France left at home too.

Embarrassment of riches.
  • Livermore ahead of Wilshere and Shelvey.

Excellent, can really see Livermore opening up some of the worlds best defences.
  • Absolute disgrace. Wilshire is the best English midfielder by a country mile. Southgate really worries me as manager.
  • Livermore ahead of Wilshere and Shelvey.

Excellent, can really see Livermore opening up some of the worlds best defences.

It’s not even the worlds best defences. After the shit of the last few tournaments, just making it to the QF will be an achievement.

So playing against Tunisia and Panama, two teams that will have every man behind the ball, we’re gonna have Jake Livermore to turn too for creating chances and keeping the ball moving.

I don’t mind Southgate tactically but his squad selection in the bigger picture of things is shit.
  • Jordan Henderson is our creative spark from midfield
    Hahaha we are out in the groups
  • Welbeck / Jones / Lallana

Come the quarters we could EASILY have three players injured...
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely Wiltshire will be in the provisional squad? He may have his injury problems but he is one of if not the only creative sparks we have in the centre of the park.

Livermore is the antipathy of a statement of intent
  • This is from John Cross tho, a man that’s wrong more than right
  • edited May 2018
    Delph deserves a place. I suppose Wilshere does too because he finally managed to go a full season without a major injury but he wouldn't be in my first choice eleven.
  • I love how many people belived this.

Despite the fact it aparently had over 14k likes in 2 minutes
  • He’s not fit to lace Hendos boots.
  • dizzee said:

He’s not fit to lace Hendos boots.

You might laugh but one of them is always crocked and the other has just captained his team to the Champions League final...
  • Is that ‘one assist Henderson’ you are referring to?
  • England could have a good tournament if most of the players hit form. Not impossible by any means. Not sure we can win it though - Quarters possible but if Kane hits a purple patch, who knows. maybe we could. Could just as likely, even more likely to be honest, hit a bad patch though.

It is best for everybody that we set our expectations low. This should help the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Getting out the group is barely an expectation when we’ve got Panama and Tunisia in it. A bit of luck in he second round against Colombia/Japan/Poland/Senegal and we are in a QF, think most will be happy with that.
  • England could have a good tournament if most of the players hit form. Not impossible by any means. Not sure we can win it though - Quarters possible but if Kane hits a purple patch, who knows. maybe we could. Could just as likely, even more likely to be honest, hit a bad patch though.

It is best for everybody that we set our expectations low. This should help the team.

Quarters should definitely be the aim yet seeing that we've struggled against South American opposition of late, I wouldnt be surprised if we went out in the second round to Colombia - Regardless though, there have been so many underdog cases the last few years (Leicester | Huddersfield | Shrewsbury etc.) that raises the question... Why cant it happen to us on the International stage
  • Argentina and Germany's squads put ours to shame. Livermore and Henderson against that lot? No chance.
  • Argentina barely qualified with that squad though... They should get out of a Group with Iceland | Croatia | Nigeria yet wont be too surprised if they're one of the customary big teams to fall at the Group Stages
  • I'm waiting for Spain's squad, suspect it'll be the best of the lot.

Our central defence and central midfield options are so poor, especially with no Gomez, Milner or Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Jake Livermore might actually get in, which proves it.
  • Despite the fake Paddy Power tweet, it is rumoured that Wilshere has missed out.
  • edited May 2018

I'm waiting for Spain's squad, suspect it'll be the best of the lot.

Our central defence and central midfield options are so poor, especially with no Gomez, Milner or Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Agree. Think Spain will win the whole thing.
  • I'm waiting for Spain's squad, suspect it'll be the best of the lot.

France will likely have the best squad, they can pretty much field two very strong sides and still leave a number of top class players at home.