Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kit 18/19 season

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Who was consulted and told Hummel that was a ‘classic’ away Kit?
    I had that shirt so I liked it, but a classic?

Ummmm

Id say it is... Woolich blue one, the white quazer one, mesh black, mesh yellow, white with green and purple stripes and green and purple id say are our classics.

Maybe throw in the gray kit
  • Sunderland away first game I'm assuming we'll wear blue? Or is there a new third kit as well?
  • edited July 2018

seth plum said:

The sponsors name dominates the badge because the badge is central now.
    If the home shirt is on the same lines my personal opinion is that it is a diminution of our identity.
    I wonder if it is actually a Charlton fan who signs off on this type of thing.

You do talk bollocks Seth, it's a shirt FFS

Sunderland away first game I'm assuming we'll wear blue? Or is there a new third kit as well?

New third kit
    So there are a variety of comments, my one is one of many and I mention the centering of the badge, which has indeed been mentioned by others. Am I the only one talking bollocks on this thread, or is there a reason you single me out?
  • I’m increasingly talking bollocks Seth, come and ride on my Clique bus mate
  • Proper League 1 kit.

Honestly if a decent team came out with that (Man City/Chelsea etc.) they’d be laughed out of town.

The good news is my boy thinks the same so I’m £45 better off.
  • The cross over looks like a girly bow. Poor attempt to imitate one of our better shirt designs from the 90’s and the red looks too light to me in those photos.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

seth plum said:

If the home shirt is on the same lines my personal opinion is that it is a diminution of our identity.

Sunderland away first game I'm assuming we'll wear blue? Or is there a new third kit as well?

New third kit
    So there are a variety of comments, my one is one of many and I mention the centering of the badge, which has indeed been mentioned by others. Am I the only one talking bollocks on this thread, or is there a reason you single me out?
    I should imagine it is because you are the only person, claiming that that having the Charlton badge right in the centre of the shirt, as prominent as it could be, is a diminution of our identity.

Your one eyed hatred of nearly everything Charlton does is nauseating in the extreme.

I have no idea what enjoyment you get out of criticising virtually everything Charlton.
    Well that's me told isn't it?
    My comment on the shirt is one among many, some in favour some against, but you have decided mine is the worst for some reason.
    Indeed I have this very evening praised Charlton for changing their mind about the print at home ticket fee, not exactly one eyed hatred of everything Charlton there, maybe you missed that stuff.
    Perhaps it is you that has the one-eyed hatred of me, and perhaps it is because I wish to react to events at the club because I care, but you see proper caring as not reacting but accepting everything no matter what.
  • edited July 2018
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

New third kit
    I should imagine it is because you are the only person, claiming that that having the Charlton badge right in the centre of the shirt, as prominent as it could be, is a diminution of our identity.

Your one eyed hatred of nearly everything Charlton does is nauseating in the extreme.

I have no idea what enjoyment you get out of criticising virtually everything Charlton.
    My comment on the shirt is one among many, some in favour some against, but you have decided mine is the worst for some reason.
    Indeed I have this very evening praised Charlton for changing their mind about the print at home ticket fee, not exactly one eyed hatred of everything Charlton there, maybe you missed that stuff.
    Perhaps it is you that has the one-eyed hatred of me, and perhaps it is because I wish to react to events at the club because I care, but you see proper caring as not reacting but accepting everything no matter what.
    Seth, as I said you are the only person claiming, that sticking the Charlton badge in the centre of the shirt is a diminution of our identity. It's contrived nonsense and most know it.

Yes, I saw your comment of praise, but suspect that was because I criticised your continual criticism of most things Charlton.

I don't dislike you. I don't know you. It's just that the constant sniping at the club is tiresome.

Ok, everyone has their opinion and I too can be and am critical of the club.

But I do believe I try and take a balanced view, as opposed to attempting to slate everything and everyone at Charlton.
  • Valley11 said:

The blue Admiral/Woolwich away was my favourite away shirt. That was a classic imo

yeah a nice shirt that still doesn't look dated now
  • I love it ...... better than anything Nike made us
  • edited July 2018

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

New third kit

Seth, as I said you are the only person claiming, that sticking the Charlton badge in the centre of the shirt is a diminution of our identity. It's contrived nonsense and most know it.

Yes, I saw your comment of praise, but suspect that was because I criticised your continual criticism of most things Charlton.

I don't dislike you. I don't know you. It's just that the constant sniping at the club is tiresome.

Ok, everyone has their opinion and I too can be and am critical of the club.

But I do believe I try and take a balanced view, as opposed to attempting to slate everything and everyone at Charlton.
    Not everything and everyone. I frequently praise a lot of stuff, most especially good team performances, and stuff from the younger levels of football in the club.

I took pains to emphasise when commenting on the away shirt that it was my personal opinion (read back), one opinion amongst many, not claiming to be the voice of authority as to what is right or wrong, good or bad.

Incidentally I was praising the club for it's change of heart about the ticket fee before you dug me out, not as a desperate defence after you dug me out.

I accept that you believe that I am constantly sniping at the club, although I don't see it that way. I do feel regret that you find my presence on Charlton Life upsetting.

I care about the club, this time last year I was watching them pre season in Ireland for example.

You also care about the club, your posts here are evidence of that.

I suspect the issue is we demonstrate our care in different ways.

You don't hold back in criticising me, and it is something you regularly do. I am cool with that, and am prepared to tolerate it of course.

I wish tolerance could be a bit more widespread.
  • edited July 2018

I’m increasingly talking bollocks Seth, come and ride on my Clique bus mate

I can talk bollocks in a longer, more incoherent bollocks (which autocorrected as "fashion") than either of you.

Accept not substitutions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Proper League 1 kit.

Honestly if a decent team came out with that (Man City/Chelsea etc.) they’d be laughed out of town.

The good news is my boy thinks the same so I’m £45 better off.

You mean like the Man U tea towel kit?
  • I like it, and I might even buy one.
  • TEL said:

I still love these two despite the badge position

I know they are really popular but...I absolutely hate those kits! I hated them when they first came out and I hate them today!

New ones ok, it’s always the home kit that I’m more interested in anyway and Hummel have done a decent job so far so I have high hopes.
  • I like it, well done all involved.
  • The original is a classic, this is a poor attempt to reshuffle its components imo. Would have looked a lot better had badge and Hummel not been central

New one looks like the old one has been vacuum-packed and shrink wrapped.

Old one was beautiful
  • Hoping for a yellow third kit.
  • edited July 2018
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

New third kit
    Because you're the only one talking about the shirt destroying the identity of the club.

Lots of people like it, lots of others don't, your the only one blowing it so vastly out of proportion while missing, like most others it seems to be fair, the subtle nod to the protests. And yes, Hummel knew.