Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you want Bowyer as manager?

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer for me deserves chance luv Powell but to negative. Think curbs could help out in some role wise head like sir Keith Peacock
  • Options
    Hadn't thought of Tisdale but would be a good option.

Experienced, good coach, long term planner.
  • Options

Read on SSN that Tisdale isnt sure about his future at Exeter...thoughts on him?

Personally wouldnt mind this appointment if it was to come about obviously.

Reckon he'll be off to Milton Keynes
    I thought he had more principles than that.
  • Options
    sm said:

Read on SSN that Tisdale isnt sure about his future at Exeter...thoughts on him?

Personally wouldnt mind this appointment if it was to come about obviously.

Reckon he'll be off to Milton Keynes
    I thought he had more principles than that.
    Also doesn't strike me as the Yes man type
  • Options
    McCarthy will build a team of athletes - probably quite a lot of changes would be required. I'd rather a manager who identifies the two or three players we need to address our issues last season - I think that will be easier to do, especially if there is less time. I think if Bowyer and JJ have a realistic and convincing plan to do this, it is probably best to give them a go at it!
  • Options
    For me stabilizing is the key, especially under a new reign. Boywer and JJ would do this best for imo
  • Options
    Bowyer and JJ, with Curbs as an advisor :sunglasses:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I would've liked Tisdale years ago. Rumour has it he's on quite big money for this level, hence the lack of approaches for him.
  • Options

McCarthy will build a team of athletes - probably quite a lot of changes would be required. I'd rather a manager who identifies the two or three players we need to address our issues last season - I think that will be easier to do, especially if there is less time. I think if Bowyer and JJ have a realistic and convincing plan to do this, it is probably best to give them a go at it!

Sadly I think if we only get two or three players we might as well write off next season straight away.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Sadly I think if we only get two or three players we might as well write off next season straight away.
    Depends on the players - A goalscorer and midfield enforcer would make a big difference and that is only two. Defensively we are pretty decent and we have players that are more than decent at this level, some much more than decent like Fosu. Of course we would have to replace players that go or bring them back in in the case of Amos and DaSilva.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Depends on the players - A goalscorer and midfield enforcer would make a big difference and that is only two. Defensively we are pretty decent and we have players that are more than decent at this level, some much more than decent like Fosu. Of course we would have to replace players that go or bring them back in in the case of Amos and DaSilva.
    We need a right back.
  • Options
    Yes, but I think Marshall can fulfil that role. You might disagree but he is good defensively and I think he was made for the position.
  • Options

Yes, but I think Marshall can fulfil that role. You might disagree but he is good defensively and I think he was made for the position.

He's good cover at least.
  • Options

How many loan players need replacing? Plus Kashi, a GK, a RB, a LB, a defensive midfielder, 3 strikers. We need a total rebuild, not 2 or 3 additions if we want to get automatic promotion.

That's before you even start looking at cover due to injuries throughout the season. What we've lacked for years is not necessarily a team, but a squad. We can't make the same mistake again.
  • Options

How many loan players need replacing? Plus Kashi, a GK, a RB, a LB, a defensive midfielder, 3 strikers. We need a total rebuild, not 2 or 3 additions if we want to get automatic promotion.

That's before you even start looking at cover due to injuries throughout the season. What we've lacked for years is not necessarily a team, but a squad. We can't make the same mistake again.
    Of course we can. It's Charlton, isn't it?
  • Options

I thought Kashi was a luxury we didn't need in League One! But good point - Duchatelet's criminal weakness for me is that he always stopped at the team and never allowed any manager to build the squad.
  • Options
    Yes, but given Heckingbottom
    just got the heave ho at Leeds, Bows got to be in the running for that.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So the people who said no on this thread, how does your Humble Pie taste.

Reading some of the comments saying we need someone experienced to get us promoted is funny reading now lol
  • Options
    Unless we intend to bring in a very experienced manager with a proven track record then Bowyer 100% yes. 
    Be quite angry if Lee is dispensed with to bring in Kewell but I think he will be.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I'm afraid McCarthy would not be my choice and hasn't he always had Terry Connor as his right hand man?
    You are correct on Connor. I had Powell/JJ to be your dream partnership, RedChaser.
    I'd be happy for Bowyer & JJ to continue as well.
    No humble pie for me Paulie B).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    I'm afraid McCarthy would not be my choice and hasn't he always had Terry Connor as his right hand man?
    You are correct on Connor. I had Powell/JJ to be your dream partnership, RedChaser.
    I'd be happy for Bowyer & JJ to continue as well.
    No humble pie for me Paulie B).
    You tell him mate.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    100% yes. He and Jacko are young, ambitious and Charlton through and through. A good basis to build on.
    I rest my case. Boom Boom.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Hang on to Lee and we will get promoted and be unbeaten in the league at the end of August.
    I wasn't too far off either. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Scoham said: Yes he deserves a chance. I’d like to see what he can do with his own squad rather than Robinson’s unbalanced one. The title winning season showed it was far too early to judge Powell after his first half season. Bowyer’s had 12 games and made the play-offs. It’s clear already he has very different ideas to Robinson. Given a decent budget I think he’d put together a squad more suitable for winning promotion from League 1. https://media.giphy.com/media/d3mlE7uhX8KFgEmY/giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Yes for me. Definitely will need an experienced assistant alongside him. I am unsure him and Jackson would be able to cope too well with the riggers of a whole season without someone with a bit more managerial/coaching experience alongside them. Give him the job, let him bring in the players and type of players we need for a balanced squad capable of winning promotion.
    Rigours. Fgs man. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    The great unknown is whether Bowyer has what it takes to build a side. He’s only just finding his way back into the game, which might hamper his ability to recruit the right players, assuming he’d know who the right players are. Of course he’d have help from Steve Gallen. I do think he’d be ruthless enough to get rid of dead wood though. I’d give him a go. I don’t think any manager will turn things round straight away unfortunately.
    I’ll settle for that.

Sat in A&E for four & a half hours (with my son) I’d settle for anything, to be honest. 
  • Options
    Absolutely not. He has been involved in a number of very unsavoury incidents and i dont think he is a good fit with the Charlton ethos of community and respect. Hypocritical of the club to persist with the anti racism , anti violence message with him in charge. Apart from all this he is completely inexperienced, lacks the nous and gravitas that people like Powell, Hurst, Parkinson and others bring to the table. Tactically he does not have a scooby. Just look at the two Shrewsbury play off games. Out thought at every stage.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Parkinson can't even sit at the same table as Bowyer, no wonder she doesn't post anymore。
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    As a coach and team manager, I do not see how we could find anyone better at the moment.

However, "a cobbler should stick to his last", and Bowyer should not attempt to usurp the role of club propaganda officer.

He would be well advised to avoid telling the fans what to think about the owner.  This could come back to bite him in the arse if Duchatelet reverts to type in January by selling a key player or players without adequate replacement, precipitating a slide down the table.