Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans pepper sprayed? (Ed. Police statement page 3)

12345679»

Comments

• Options

el-pietro said:

Delighted he misses his teams trip to Wembley.

But how could that be enforced?
    A mate gets him a ticket,
    He has a shave and wears a blue shirt.
    I doubt his picture will be at every entrance.
    Gets in, police see him on CCTV, he gets charged.
    I suppose the wellies and sheep tucked under his arm would be a dead giveaway.
  • Options
    Shaving and changing his shirt in the same season......
    Thats a huge assumption!! ;)
  • Options
    He’s an Arsenal fan anyway so i’m sure the prick will get over it.
  • Options
    It’s a Shrewsbury ban, however, their liaison officer will give info to all away ground liaison officers, and they can stop him going in if they so desire based on preventing a breach of the peace etc etc, they’ve done it to many a Charlton fan in the past
  • Options
    I see some posts saying orange tee shirt got lamped.
    When and where was that?
  • Options

When and where was that?

On the pitch.
  • Options

When and where was that?

On the pitch.
    I assume it was after the game......Charlton lad would have done it I guess....though not necessarily?
  • Options

When and where was that?

6 seconds in -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10BmEhYA3kw&t=7s
  • Options
    Heard he got a slap after the game as well, don’t know the details tho
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Think the bitterness towards Shrewsbury fans now is getting a bit silly end of the day they beat us - we bottled it big time. But laughing at some of there proper fans ( shirter types ) buying confetti and not being allowed it in Wembley - is quite petty I think.

Edit: whatever about silly ginger bollocks - who got a slap and quite rightly so and a few of there Herbert’s who I have given my opinion on already, but there proper fans - probably the biggest game of there lives and everything they do is copy and pasted onto the Charlton fb group, just makes us look bitter and winey imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think the bitterness towards Shrewsbury fans now is getting a bit silly end of the day they beat us - we bottled it big time. But laughing at some of there proper fans ( shirter types ) buying confetti and not being allowed it in Wembley - is quite petty I think.

Fuck ‘em :wink:
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45238177

Good thing this wasnt the Shropshire police else the Stoke fans would have been blamed for it!!
  • Options
    Why would you have to forcibly exit? Why wouldn't they let you out?
  • Options

Because the police on the ground don’t have the wit or the wisdom to make decisions. Happened to us at the Rusty Toolbox a few years back. We were getting our usual battering 4-0 down and there were more people outside the stand trying to go home than in the stand (most had been trying to get out from 3 down).

I think there were still something like 20 minutes to go, but the decision had been taken in the week that Charlton fans would be held back after the game. I pointed out that if the let us up onto the platform, we’d be halfway home before the game ended.

No ability at all to see a scenario and react. Had to follow orders from “senior” officers, taken days before and who weren’t there!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Because the police on the ground don’t have the wit or the wisdom to make decisions. Happened to us at the Rusty Toolbox a few years back. We were getting our usual battering 4-0 down and there were more people outside the stand trying to go home than in the stand (most had been trying to get out from 3 down).

I think there were still something like 20 minutes to go, but the decision had been taken in the week that Charlton fans would be held back after the game. I pointed out that if the let us up onto the platform, we’d be halfway home before the game ended.

No ability at all to see a scenario and react. Had to follow orders from “senior” officers, taken days before and who weren’t there!
    Bit weird to want to go whilst only 2-1 down at half time.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Perhaps they wanted to have a smoke?
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

They were probably trying to get at the Preston fans not wanting to go home.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45238177

Charlton fans not the only one's to get sprayed.