Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans pepper sprayed? (Ed. Police statement page 3)

Comments

• Options
    Must have been five rows up from that corner. When about hundred people run of the pitch during the game and try to give it large to the opposition then they were desperately game for it.

I was in the wild pig earlier and they were definitely up for it. No sympathy can be given to their lot.
  • Options

Annoyed to lose and not have their keeper make a proper save.

But if you support Charlton you need to learn how to lose as we are very good at it.

Glad some of those pricks running to the front and giving it got pepper sprayed, they deserved it and can piss off as far as I am concerned.

Good luck to Shrewsbury, think I am right in saying they have never played in the Championship before so hardly surprising their fans might be a little excitable when it is pretty much one of the biggest games of their history.

Got relegated from the second tier in 1990 so have been at that level

How can you say we deserved to be pepper sprayed when you dont know the reasons?
    I was there and watched it. Charlton fans jumping over barriers to get to the Shrews fans then I am meant to be sorry for them for being pepper sprayed? I didn’t run down the stairs to join in and therefore did not get pepper sprayed. It ain’t difficult.
    Working class white blokes letting off steam at the football mate, if you don't like it, don't go.

I blame cuts and no youth centers

• Options
    Ultimatum said:

With all due respect, yes the film catches officers spraying something. However, what this fails to catch is the before, as to why officers resulted in using that form of force. Everyone is very good at filming the police when they react but not so good at why they’ve reacted. Every one of this officers are wearing body cams. Therefore, any complaint will be investigated and all body worn footage will be reviewed, which thankfully, will be from the very start of why it happened.

I must add, the officer that was a bit gung-ho appeared to be spraying something else other than PAVA (pepper spray). That is quite possibly a tagging spray. This is a spray that is sprayed on suspects that can be identified at a later date. I’m not saying PAVA wasnt used but the way it distributes is quite a spa. PAVA goes in a thin direct straight line and pepper spray sprays like an aerosol (deodorant).

If the OB are wearing body cams, then why use DNA spray?
  • Options

Ultimatum said:

With all due respect, yes the film catches officers spraying something. However, what this fails to catch is the before, as to why officers resulted in using that form of force. Everyone is very good at filming the police when they react but not so good at why they’ve reacted. Every one of this officers are wearing body cams. Therefore, any complaint will be investigated and all body worn footage will be reviewed, which thankfully, will be from the very start of why it happened.

I must add, the officer that was a bit gung-ho appeared to be spraying something else other than PAVA (pepper spray). That is quite possibly a tagging spray. This is a spray that is sprayed on suspects that can be identified at a later date. I’m not saying PAVA wasnt used but the way it distributes is quite a spa. PAVA goes in a thin direct straight line and pepper spray sprays like an aerosol (deodorant).

Body cams can’t be played back live... officers outside the ground can be different to those inside.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    What utter c...! That is an absolute disgrace.

Hope my fellow Charlton fans are ok after that. Terrible!
  • Options
    It was horrible, Shrewsbury fans allowed to do what they wanted and some of our lot trying to help the police by bringing Charlton fans back and they get sprayed. As mentioned, it’s like it was a water pistol, a lot has been caught on camera but the treatment by the police today towards us was a joke at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    with due respect plod at football and with football fans are twonks of the first order ---- of course it aint pepper spray its a demister as he clearly thought that they were geting a tad hot FFS ----hello Tom from Eltham
  • Options

Annoyed to lose and not have their keeper make a proper save.

But if you support Charlton you need to learn how to lose as we are very good at it.

Glad some of those pricks running to the front and giving it got pepper sprayed, they deserved it and can piss off as far as I am concerned.

Good luck to Shrewsbury, think I am right in saying they have never played in the Championship before so hardly surprising their fans might be a little excitable when it is pretty much one of the biggest games of their history.

Got relegated from the second tier in 1990 so have been at that level

How can you say we deserved to be pepper sprayed when you dont know the reasons?
    I was there and watched it. Charlton fans jumping over barriers to get to the Shrews fans then I am meant to be sorry for them for being pepper sprayed? I didn’t run down the stairs to join in and therefore did not get pepper sprayed. It ain’t difficult.
    Working class white blokes letting off steam at the football mate, if you don't like it, don't go.

I blame cuts and no youth centers

I don’t like it but won’t let a few dickheads put me off going to a club I have supported for 35 years thanks.
    Did you got down and tell the pricks that you're glad they all got pepper sprayed?
  • Options
    Wonder if the Pc using the spray for fun, gave out the standard instruction before using it. Didn’t look that way.
    If they do go up, I wish the Salop Police all the best when Millwall, Stoke etc come to town
    #outoftheirdepth
  • Options
    they were there in the 80s. i played for them.
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:

Ultimatum said:

Body cams can’t be played back live... officers outside the ground can be different to those inside.

I can’t understand the need for DNA spray being usd with the amount of CCTV in the stadium and body cams being worn, when the Charlton fans didn’t have crash helmets on, so would easily be IDed.
  • Options

Ultimatum said:

Ultimatum said:

I can’t understand the need for DNA spray being usd with the amount of CCTV in the stadium and body cams being worn, when the Charlton fans didn’t have crash helmets on, so would easily be IDed.
    Didn’t say it definitely was a tagging spray. Just it didnt seem to spray like PAVA or ‘pepper spray’ (CS gas) does.
  • Options
    It’s not nice but I am sure the boys involved will not be too bothered by a bit of pepper spray in fact I know they won’t ,
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    What next...chemical warfare sponsored by Russia/Syria and used at all football grounds? There really is no need for this style of policing in this country or perhaps Boris’s water cannon should be brought out of its moth ball state?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disgraceful. I've seen games around the world and never seen fans pepper sprayed inside a stadium. Yeah a few blokes were down the front but only because Shrews fans were mouthing off rather than celebrating a goal.

I'd be interested to know if the same has happened elsewhere in England. Totally unnecessary and lots of bystander were probably caught up.
  • Options
    Disgraceful, as even if you think that certain fans “deserved” it, it was indiscriminate. Plenty of other fans, who just happened to be sitting near the front, got the full blast as well. Just been talking to one in the Shrewsbury Wetherspoon.
  • Options
    Violence outside the ground afterwards too.

I guess this goes back, in part, to the fighting outside the lib after the league game
  • Options
    Fucking outrageous behaviour from the old bill. Pepper spray at a football match in 2018? They haven’t got a clue.