Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• I thought we were very poor, outmuscled and outfought. We desperately needed someone to step up to the plate, put a foot in where it hurt and inspire the rest of the team. At the end of the day we were not good enough to unlock a very stout and strong defence. I'm gutted but have no complaints about losing to a team which was better in all the key departments.
  • Ledge said:

Ledge said:

Shrewsbury had the beating of us simple as that . Morris up
    Front is quality , aggressive , combative and scores goals kinda what magennis should do and gave Pearce and Bauer a torrid time in both games .

As for us frustrating is an understatement . Cannot fault the players effort those boys ran their bits off but just couldn’t cope with Shrewsbury physically

No, no, no - that cant be right.
    The bloke behind us said they didn't show any effort or fight.

Well I didn’t touch a drop of alcohol all day and watched sober from where I was standing the effort was definitely there , quality wasn’t .
    There was no effort at all for the twenty minutes after HT.
  • Spanish said:

Flew up there and back 2.5 hrs both waze ....
    Gotta get that app it’s a must for all car drivers and the more people that use it the better it’ll become .

Tame as ever the smaller club wanted it more and we were weak .
    I’m not too concerned about them having a mental loop and giving it to us when they scored , that’s part of the banter , if you can’t take it don’t give it , the aggro bollox can fuck off .
    They pushed their game plan to the limits and mingey clubs have to do that , they can’t compete with the big boys and play free flowing footy ,as already mentioned almost wimbledonesque in their approach .

We need ownership sorted quickly and a plan in place for next season , which clearly isn’t happening atm and we are falling behind the curve , the wankiness of our club continues .

10% top two ........ 50% play offs. ......... 40% 7th-12th

100% Roland Out

What App amigo ?
    “Waze” navigation app
    Live traffic it’s pretty decent, it got me round the M54 closure no problems and when it estimates journey time it’s decent and will change eta depending on what’s happening ahead of the journey .
    It’s got me out of some potential nightmares before.

Disclaimer: it’s nit perfect and will some times do a few unnecessary lefts and rights to miss a minimal amount of traffic but it’s a no brainer to have for football fans making long car journeys in to the unknown
  • Really hope we manage to keep hold of Amos next season, top top keeper.

No chance - pop on to the OS and read what Bowyer has to say on the matter.

• edited May 2018
    Amos: genius save at the death when the game was gone
    Dijksteel: decent
    Bauer: decent
    Pearce: decent
    DaSilva: peerless
    Konsa: never got into game, culpable for the goal, completely switched off and watched Morris jog away to score
    Forster-Caskey: industrious, passionate, aggressive but his dead balls all stank rotten like he'd never kicked a ball WTSF!
    Aribo: competed well especially in the air, big improvement on Reeves, but overrun by shrews much stronger bodies
    Fosu-Henry: never in the game, inexplicable he was kept on so long
    Magennis: tireless
    Ajose: no service
    Mavididi: same as TFH, just taller
    Kaikai: pointless
    Sarr: chosen over Zyro speaks volumes for how Bow rates the pole
    There will be a lot of chuntering about the handball the referee bottled, but we had a stroke of luck with Pearce in the home fixture.
    The officials' deciding that assaults to the head with elbows were to be fair game in both fixtures, should have been shared so that Pearce and Bauer could have played on a level playing field. Both incidents were blatant but we've had to get used to the shoddy standard of officialdom in this division. Shrewsbury's approach was clear and consistent in the first leg, it shouldn't have been a surprise for the return. The loss of the physical battle was critical to the defeat.
  • 1StevieG said:

Seeing as Carlton Morris didn’t get booked for that assault on Bauer will the officials retrospectively look at that and do anything?

I'd say it depends if its in the Referee's report

If its in there, then the referee is acknowledging that he saw what happened and so felt that no action was needed... I was under the impression that retrospective action can only be taken against a player if its not covered off by that report?
    Not withstanding the fact that we were pretty abject over the two legs, I thought the performance/display of the referee yesterday was woeful! I noticed Alan Wiley (former prem ref) was there in the stand assessing him and can only hope that he picked up on all of this fella's refereeing inadequacies.

It was an utterly shocking and inept performance where he hid from making the major decisions, particularly early on. This in turn had a massively influential effect/impact on the game as Shrewsbury players very quickly realised they could get away with a 'few' before he had the balls to take any action.

Never have I been so frustrated at a referee's ineptitude as I was yesterday, and it was a sad reflection/indictment on the standard of refereeing at this level.

Yes, it's sour grapes of course, but that clown should be nowhere near a football pitch in future and justice will be served if Morris is 'done' retrospectively and misses the final.
  • The defeat capped off a lovely end to the season for me; I follow CAFC, Hendon and Hamburg)

Hendon lost on pens in the Isthmian play off to Dulwich.
    Hendon were then moved from the Isthmian League to The Southern League (which could have a bad effect on our finances)
    Charlton lost 1-0 twice 4 days.
    HSV won (Yay!) but were relegated for the first time in their history.

Oh well, at least I saw a couple of play-offs.....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Shrewsbury are not Manchester City or United or even Blackburn or Wigan. In that context, they are a good side. A great Shrewsbury side for certain. They maximise what they have and if they go up they certainly deserve to. In all honesty, I think we shaded the first halves in both games and they the second halves. But they created more decent chances than us. If it wasn't an effective tactic to bully us, they probably wouldn't have done it. But it is our shortcoming that it is. Yes, a stricter ref may have helped us, but I don't think you see too many of them in League One, even if the refs we had were Championship Ones, I think they let more go because of what they perceive to be a lesser ability level.
  • Thought we were very naive as a team over the two legs. Weak and soft-centered, outfought and out-thought. Absolutely no idea how to counter their strengths. Therefore we created f-all and deserved f-all. A toothless surrender live on tv.

Okay, no-one expected us to even get into the play-offs a month or so ago. The fact that we did and then just simply didn't perform makes it worse. There was an appearance at Wembley up for grabs. For some of those players it would have been the only one they would ever have had. They still didn't want it enough.

To the future, no-one knows what's going to happen from here. One thing is for certain though. Big changes are needed to the playing personnel. Whether we get that or not remains to be seen.

Pepper spray being used indiscriminately into a crowd inside a football stadium in 2018? Heads must roll!

• edited May 2018
    We need more physicality and more goals - when we get a chance we invariably seem to scuff it or balloon it over! If I was manager, I'd prioritise keeping (or trying to keep) Amos, JFK, Magennis, Bauer, Pearce and Fosu. If somebody wanted to give us a few mill for Konsa, I'd take it and bring in other players with it. We need a goal scorer to play next to Magennis, and that is going to cost unless we get lucky. There are squad players I think we should prioritise keeping too as they could step up - Page, Marshall (would convert him to wing back), Sarr, Reeves, Djksteel and Aribo.

All players coming in should be athletes!
  • Just got home.
    Been mulling over the game on long drive, and ultimately we were soundly beaten by the better team. We clearly werent good enough.
    Just seen Ben Amos save !!! - incredible.
  • Amos: genius save at the death when the game was gone
    Dijksteel: decent
    Bauer: decent
    Pearce: decent
    DaSilva: peerless
    Konsa: never got into game, culpable for the goal, completely switched off and watched Morris jog away to score
    Forster-Caskey: industrious, passionate, aggressive but his dead balls all stank rotten like he'd never kicked a ball WTSF!
    Aribo: competed well especially in the air, big improvement on Reeves, but overrun by shrews much stronger bodies
    Fosu-Henry: never in the game, inexplicable he was kept on so long
    Magennis: tireless
    Ajose: no service
    Mavididi: same as TFH, just taller
    Kaikai: pointless
    Sarr: chosen over Zyro speaks volumes for how Bow rates the pole
    There will be a lot of chuntering about the handball the referee bottled, but we had a stroke of luck with Pearce in the home fixture.
    The officials' deciding that assaults to the head with elbows were to be fair game in both fixtures, should have been shared so that Pearce and Bauer could have played on a level playing field. Both incidents were blatant but we've had to get used to the shoddy standard of officialdom in this division. Shrewsbury's approach was clear and consistent in the first leg, it shouldn't have been a surprise for the return. The loss of the physical battle was critical to the defeat.

No.
  • LenGlover said:

all right, which one of you posted this little message on the shrewsbury forum?

"First of all I would like to say that the majority of us accept we were cr@p. Your team pretty much just bullied ours, 25+ fouls or something before the first booking? Blatant penalty waved off? Elbow ignored for a red? Basically it was a cr@p game of football and the team that was a bit less cr@p won.

I'll be straight up I am bitter. All season when I've seen Blackburn and Wigan fans mock you about bottling it I've felt bad for you and thought they came across a bit weird. You're a small club with limited resources challenging two big clubs with a lot of money how can anyone go against an underdog story? However after today though I can honestly say I'm glad you bottled it and hope you do so at Wembley as well. That whole section of your fans on the right hand side corner (facing away from away end) are creatures and I assume probably won't be at another game in their life if you fail to go up. Not saying all Charlton fans are innocent cause we do have some plebs but for how little your fan base is I am amazed at the cunt to non cunt ratio.

On the drive back a group of about 30 of your inbred fans who all looked 30+ and had a combined weight of at least 700 stone were starting on 4 young lads minding their own business on the way back to the car? Proper cowards. This was outside the Ugly Pig, relevant you know cause that's what 99% of your scummy little fans look like. And then when I'm in traffic trying to get out your fans are all around my car calling these lads scum despite goading them and punching them? Genuinely still can't believe how classless your s**t little club is. Obviously none of you said much to me cause I have a bit of facial hair and look over 21.

Basically, I hope you get slaughtered at Wembley, then your manager gets swooped up, your best players get raided, your scummy little Day trippers go back to supporting Man U or whoever else they usually watch down the little ugly pig pub with their little ugly pig friends and then who knows depending on the fixtures and if all what I hope happens, happens we get the chance to send you down.

s**te little club"

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97361/all-charlton-fans?page=1#ixzz5FT1ZpbTB

My money's on @oohaahmortimer as there's a % in the post....
    Could be SeriouslyRed.
  • LenGlover said:

all right, which one of you posted this little message on the shrewsbury forum?

"First of all I would like to say that the majority of us accept we were cr@p. Your team pretty much just bullied ours, 25+ fouls or something before the first booking? Blatant penalty waved off? Elbow ignored for a red? Basically it was a cr@p game of football and the team that was a bit less cr@p won.

I'll be straight up I am bitter. All season when I've seen Blackburn and Wigan fans mock you about bottling it I've felt bad for you and thought they came across a bit weird. You're a small club with limited resources challenging two big clubs with a lot of money how can anyone go against an underdog story? However after today though I can honestly say I'm glad you bottled it and hope you do so at Wembley as well. That whole section of your fans on the right hand side corner (facing away from away end) are creatures and I assume probably won't be at another game in their life if you fail to go up. Not saying all Charlton fans are innocent cause we do have some plebs but for how little your fan base is I am amazed at the cunt to non cunt ratio.

On the drive back a group of about 30 of your inbred fans who all looked 30+ and had a combined weight of at least 700 stone were starting on 4 young lads minding their own business on the way back to the car? Proper cowards. This was outside the Ugly Pig, relevant you know cause that's what 99% of your scummy little fans look like. And then when I'm in traffic trying to get out your fans are all around my car calling these lads scum despite goading them and punching them? Genuinely still can't believe how classless your s**t little club is. Obviously none of you said much to me cause I have a bit of facial hair and look over 21.

Basically, I hope you get slaughtered at Wembley, then your manager gets swooped up, your best players get raided, your scummy little Day trippers go back to supporting Man U or whoever else they usually watch down the little ugly pig pub with their little ugly pig friends and then who knows depending on the fixtures and if all what I hope happens, happens we get the chance to send you down.

s**te little club"

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97361/all-charlton-fans?page=1#ixzz5FT1ZpbTB

My money's on @oohaahmortimer as there's a % in the post....
    Could be SeriouslyRed.
    It was Braziliance.
  • Carlton Morris, horrible piece of work that he is, took his goal brilliantly. The early strike is what caught Amos out.
  • Sullay Kaikai

Verified account

@SullayKaikai
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    Disappointing end to the season yday after working so hard to make the play offs. The fans gave us the platform we needed but we were unable to achieve what everyone wanted. Thank you to all the staff, players and fans during my time at @CAFCofficial I wish the club all the best
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Sullay Kaikai

Verified account

@SullayKaikai
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    Disappointing end to the season yday after working so hard to make the play offs. The fans gave us the platform we needed but we were unable to achieve what everyone wanted. Thank you to all the staff, players and fans during my time at @CAFCofficial I wish the club all the best

Thanks.......now f**k off.
  • Simonsen said:

The defeat capped off a lovely end to the season for me; I follow CAFC, Hendon and Hamburg)

Hendon lost on pens in the Isthmian play off to Dulwich.
    Hendon were then moved from the Isthmian League to The Southern League (which could have a bad effect on our finances)
    Charlton lost 1-0 twice 4 days.
    HSV won (Yay!) but were relegated for the first time in their history.

Oh well, at least I saw a couple of play-offs.....

Oh why did Hendon get moved to southern league just for losing a play off final! Doesn't sound good!?
  • Yes a penalty and yes a sending off, but no fight or passion. Defending so so poor for the goal, deserved what we got, nothing.
  • edited May 2018
    I don't want to get too scientific but Erwin Schrodinger would say that in another reality, the ref red carded Morris and gave us a penalty. That universe with Charlton progressing to Wembley following a KaiKai winner is unfortunately not the one we are lumbered with! But there are versions of ourselves celebrating today! Lucky bastards!
  • I don't want to get too scientific but Erwin Schrodinger would say that in another reality, the ref red carded Morris and gave us a penalty. That universe with Charlton progressing to Wembley following a KaiKai winner is unfortunately not the one we are lumbered with! But there are versions of ourselves celebrating today! Lucky bastards!

A bit weird
  • edited May 2018
    Posted on wrong thread. D'oh.
  • all right, which one of you posted this little message on the shrewsbury forum?

s**te little club"

Oh dear.
  • ross1 said:

Sullay Kaikai

Verified account

@SullayKaikai
    4h4 hours ago
    More

Thanks for your hard work young man. Now that you're no longer playing for us I'd just like to say F*CK OFF PALACE SCUM. All the best.
  • I don't want to get too scientific but Erwin Schrodinger would say that in another reality, the ref red carded Morris and gave us a penalty. That universe with Charlton progressing to Wembley following a KaiKai winner is unfortunately not the one we are lumbered with! But there are versions of ourselves celebrating today! Lucky bastards!

A bit weird
    Weird is always better than banal.