Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

A fittingly bad ending to an awful week.

Hope you’re keeping well. Keep your chin up.
  • Options
    Duchatelet didn’t deserve any success.
    Been boycotting so didnt realise how poor the division is. Shrewsbury 3rd!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    No genuine firepower cost us yet again. We just don’t score enough goals and havn’t all season.

Still much to get excited by over the coming weeks I hope.

Let’s get the takeover done this week and hear what the new owners have got to say.

COYR
  • Options

Before the season started i said id be happy to get in the play offs and RD gone.Thanks to Bowyer lifting the team.Now for RD to fuck off.

Best result ? mine and NLAs

Amen to that mate

• Options
    Cheers Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trying to play like Barca ain’t going to get you out of this league need to go out kicking throwing elbows and whatever it takes as the ref will let you get away with it
  • Options
    No chance of signing Amos who is reputedly on 20k per week. He is excellent though. Probably all the loanees will leave. Da Silva has been fun to watch but Page will be a good replacement if he can avoid injury. I hope the new manager, be it Bowyer or whoever, will be able to dictate tactics to fit the players range of skills. We didn't have the appropriate players to fit Robinson's flamboyant game plan, although tbf it worked at times. Bowyer did well with Robbo's players by playing two up front. I remember in SCP's promotion team how we dug in to win games when sometimes we were outplayed. Curbs was brilliant at finding a way to win, with his teams usually grafting like mad to get results. Shrewsbury are a solid team, hard to beat. They are probably the model of how to get out of this league next year. Sadly, tippy tappy football will not do it in Division one.
  • Options
    We did a lot of huffing and puffing and rather limp wristed in the final third with no sight of the onion bag. You could see the difference between the two teams purely on confidence and team shape. They were use to winning and we were not.
    I must admit that I wasn’t disappointed about the result as I’m more interested in an imminent announcement of the takeover. We can wipe the slate clean or adapt a pol pot calendar of year (season) 1 starts August 2018. Only nagging doubt is if there are any Duchelet remnants left in the club post sale. If there are I’m afraid it’s back to the protest. This disease has to be completely removed. In the meantime, the new owner has my total backing.
    Onwards and upwards!
  • Options

The 15 minutes after half time was one of the most clueless half hearted shite I’ve seen from a pro football team. It was like they just jacked it in. Shrewsbury were poor and we were worse. Dog shit.

It was the complete and utter opposite to what I expected.
    Honestly thought we were in 2nd gear saving a bit for the 2nd half when we would steam into them.
    How wrong could I be, they were dreadful today apart from the 15 min spell where we rolled over and allowed them to dominate.

Poor attitude from a lot of them.

I won't mention mavididi again and hope I never have to in the future.
  • Options
    Wasn’t meant to be. Can’t argue with the result over two legs. Didn’t deserve anything. I’m grateful to Lee Bowyer for getting us into a position to challenge and I hope he’s given a chance under the new regime. Just want this takeover done and dusted so that we can move on. Charlton ‘til I die and all that ...
  • Options
    Bowyer deserves a lot of credit for getting us in the play offs and turning us into a team that’s hard to beat. Losing Clarke, Fosu and Pearce midway through the season didn’t help. RD’s experiment has been an abject failure and to see him win something towards the end of his ownership would have given him some undeserved credit.
  • Options
    Three new strikers please, Andrew
  • Options
    We should have taken our game to them instead of trying match them although I’m not really sure we have a game. Injuries and a thin squad hit us badly too, but with holmes gone and no one else really chipping in, we just don’t have (the service or) the goals in us
  • Options

Konsa is barely league one level let alone Prem. Do not see it at all.

Totally agree . Can’t remember the last player we had that passed the ball backwards as much as he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Konsa is barely league one level let alone Prem. Do not see it at all.

Totally agree . Can’t remember the last player we had that passed the ball backwards as much as he does.
    A centre half playing in midfield , although I don't think he's a premier league player .
  • Options
    To not score in 180 mins hurts. Stone Wall pen decision might of changed the game. Defeat is hard to take. Please build for next season if not we are completely lost is this dive of a division...
  • Options

Need to sign Amos for next season.

Best keeper I've seen play for Charlton in a long time.

Since Nicky Pope.

• Options
    Aah crap
  • Options
    If only the Goalkeeper hadn't wasted about 1 minute of time across 2 legs, we would have done it.

New owners, new players, new atmosphere, new attitude.
  • Options
    They deserved the first win, this one someone should have chinned C.Morrison.

Think the players tried but seemed afraid to get it wrong over both games.
  • Options

Need better players - too many passengers in the team. Squad nowhere near good enough.

Didn't someone say top 6 squad?