Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    A fittingly bad ending to an awful week.
  • Options
    Never really look like scoring.
  • Options
    No goals in the last three games and hardly worked the keeper in those three games either.

My Brentford mate was moaning yesterday about "all the chances they miss". Told him to be grateful for actually seeing some chances and getting a bit of excitement. The only things to get excited about in the last two weeks have been a couple of decent penalty shouts and a bottle-job by the ref today for the elbow.
  • Options
    The result is the result. Despite their antics, Shrewsbury deserved it. Only one thing needed.

Roland Out.
  • Options
    Ah well. Yeah I guess we could/should’ve had at least one pen and their striker should’ve been sent off but what can you do? Shrewsbury came and played their game to perfection in both legs and we really didn’t have an answer. I can’t even remember if we had a decent shot on target in either game.

There was endeavour there, just not much skill or attacking threat. I’ve certainly seen us play worse than we did over these two games but our lack of attacking nous was glaring.

In all honesty, we were never going to get promoted this season. Not with an owner who’s pretty much squeezed every last drop of will from the club and the fans. It’s just luck that we ended up with Bowyer and he managed to lift things just enough to give us some hope. For that he should certainly be applauded as we were only going one way with Robinson.

With new owner coming in, there’s light at the end of the tunnel for sure. The entire squad needs a complete overhaul and a refresh over the summer. If done the way Chris Powell did it a few years ago, things could finally be looking up and we can finally put this 4 year shit show behind us.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The result is the result. Despite their antics, Shrewsbury deserved it. Only one thing needed.

Roland Out.

Yes, feels like Roland's parting shot this. Now let's get this takeover done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointing stuff. We can talk about the blatant red and the pen but in the end the real stat that should stand out is we've played three games in a row and lost them all 1-0. We just didn't bring any goals to the table and ultimately that's what does for you. Aside from the first 15 mins at The Valley we brought hardly anything in an attacking sense to these two legs and as a result we're stuck in League One again.

I think Bowyer got it wrong with the way he set the team up in these matches. Particularly today, lumping the ball up to Magennis against two excellent aerial centre backs was never going to work and we could have done with a shape that drove into the gaps between their full backs and wingers. Instead, we didn't hold the ball up front and Shrews picked up on the confusion we had in the middle of the pitch to get control of the match in the centre. His subs were also bonkers. Taking off Ajose who worried their defenders on the rare occasion he got the ball on the deck, bringing on Mavididi who looks absolutely lost in a 4-4-2 and Kaikai who hasn't had a single decent kick in a Charlton shirt was madness, and if he really wanted to use the pace of those two he needed to move the players around when they came on, but we kept the same formation. Unfortunately we froze in the headlights again, which is just disappointing more than anything else. Looking at that team sheet we had, so many of those players are either at the end of their loans or out of contract, so it really feels like a massive opportunity lost to get out of League One.

All we can do now is pray the sale is announced shortly and things can start to change. Chins up everyone
  • Options
    Scheissenhausen!
  • Options
    How did we even make the play offs
  • Options
    Ajose should probably be sold. One goal since he's come back is bad and it's not like he's been played up on his own.

I'd like to have seen Zyro and Magennis just to try something different against Shrews big defenders but Zyro probably played himself out of a game with his poor showing at Rochdale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never looked like scoring. Over two matches they clearly showed they were a better team.

Desperately need a goal scorer next season.

Atmosphere was top notch again.
  • Options

Never looked like scoring. Over two matches they clearly showed they were a better team.

Desperately need a goal scorer next season.

Atmosphere was top notch again.

Desperately need someone who can create chances other than Clarke (He wont be back till September)

How many chances did our Strikers get today? ... None!! - that wont change even if we sign Kane
  • Options
    edited May 2018

We were poor but so were Shrewsbury, awful league.

Oh shut up. The standard in league one has never been so good.

Shrewsbury played well and deserved it over two legs. Hope they win the final.
    You are probably right and unquestionably not a muppet.
  • Options
    Not good enough. Shrewsbury deserved to go through. This squad lacks goals, experience and physicality. Thanks Lee for giving us a chance when we were going nowhere under KR.

Roll on the takeover. Doubt it’ll be the owner of our dreams but as when KR went it’ll give us hope for the future.
  • Options
    Shrews were better than us over the two games. Good luck to them, they finished third for a reason and I hope they win the final. Our lot gave their best but it wasn’t enough. Let’s hope the takeover goes through now and we can move in to next season with some optimism with a bit of luck. Would love to keep Amos but can’t see it in this division (same for Fosu).
  • Options

We were poor but so were Shrewsbury, awful league.

Oh shut up. The standard in league one has never been so good.

Shrewsbury played well and deserved it over two legs. Hope they win the final.
    Oh fuck off you muppet.
    Seriously, don’t rise to the bait.
    Fixed. I don't know what came over me.
  • Options
    Before the season started i said id be happy to get in the play offs and RD gone.Thanks to Bowyer lifting the team.Now for RD to fuck off.

Best result ? mine and NLAs