Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury (A) for those going; travel, parking and pubs

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

bobmunro said:

redman said:

My wife yesterday saw that stretch of M1 was going to be shut from last night to 3pm on Sunday. I can't find the info now but google is reporting long tail backs on m1 today. Alternative routes would be M40 or M11/A14.

Anyway to check this ? Was going to do M25, M1, M6, M54 route. Never liked the M40 etc way.
    M1 Junction 23A-24 definitely closed all weekend. M6 is Junction 19 and I can't imagine the queues would be back that far.
    If this is the case I think M1, M6 should be ok. I do not want to disparage anyone's OH / wife etc but sometimes I think people have a problem with geography. J23 of M1 is around Leicester Forest services & miles away from where we're going. I remember seeing signs saying congestion ahead as we reached J19 last week & it had no affect on us at all. See my previous post re Rochdale. Unless you were coming from Leeds last week I fail to see how anyone could have got stuck in the traffic on the M62.
    J23 is indeed a long way up and if that’s where it is shut then getting to m6 from M1 should be ok.

You get stuck in traffic on the M62 if you decide to carry on up the M11 and onto the A1M because I he M1 is busy and, when you set off, no tosser has had an oxygen lorry explode on the mortorway.
    But why would you want to go up the M11 in the first place ?? M11 heads N/E towards Cambridge but Rochdale is in the N/W. Also the A1 is a terrible road. Too many roundabouts & stretches of just 2 lanes.

As for the poster whi said he doesn't know why they went that way as he wasn't driving - maybe try lifting your head out of your phone & take an interst in whats outside the window.
    That time of the month, golfie ?
    Are golfie and elfsborg the same person
    Correct. Golfie is a c*** who is often slagging off the club.

I just gave up going.
    Get a ticket little legs pick you up 8.30 beep beep
    Hope the milk float gets a puncture and I'll see you in the White Swan.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

guide to parking at STFC 2017/18:

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/siteassets/documents/tickets/wheretopark_a5.pdf

They give 6 solid parking options

Ground is a tenner
    4 if them are a fiver
    Charles Darwin is free if you eat/drink there pre game, but is longest walk at 20 mins

It's never 20 mins. Closer to 10 mins, max about 12 :smile:
  • Options
    Use the Brooklands pub just over the bridge, about 5-10 walk back to the ground last season, can park there also for £5.
  • Options

Use “waze” navigation app , it’s mustard 9/10 it’ll take the quickest route , I swear by it

Seconded.

I usually have it on everyday just going to work and back. Amazes me the number of times it diverts me different waze to avoid a bit of traffic here and there.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

bobmunro said:

redman said:

My wife yesterday saw that stretch of M1 was going to be shut from last night to 3pm on Sunday. I can't find the info now but google is reporting long tail backs on m1 today. Alternative routes would be M40 or M11/A14.

Anyway to check this ? Was going to do M25, M1, M6, M54 route. Never liked the M40 etc way.
    M1 Junction 23A-24 definitely closed all weekend. M6 is Junction 19 and I can't imagine the queues would be back that far.
    If this is the case I think M1, M6 should be ok. I do not want to disparage anyone's OH / wife etc but sometimes I think people have a problem with geography. J23 of M1 is around Leicester Forest services & miles away from where we're going. I remember seeing signs saying congestion ahead as we reached J19 last week & it had no affect on us at all. See my previous post re Rochdale. Unless you were coming from Leeds last week I fail to see how anyone could have got stuck in the traffic on the M62.
    J23 is indeed a long way up and if that’s where it is shut then getting to m6 from M1 should be ok.

You get stuck in traffic on the M62 if you decide to carry on up the M11 and onto the A1M because I he M1 is busy and, when you set off, no tosser has had an oxygen lorry explode on the mortorway.
    But why would you want to go up the M11 in the first place ?? M11 heads N/E towards Cambridge but Rochdale is in the N/W. Also the A1 is a terrible road. Too many roundabouts & stretches of just 2 lanes.

As for the poster whi said he doesn't know why they went that way as he wasn't driving - maybe try lifting your head out of your phone & take an interst in whats outside the window.

I just gave up going.
    Get a ticket little legs pick you up 8.30 beep beep
    Hope the milk float gets a puncture and I'll see you in the White Swan.
    That's nice offer you a lift you want me to get a puncture
  • Options
    The weather tomorrow looks decent now, dry with sunny intervals
  • Options

clb74 said:

bobmunro said:

redman said:

I just gave up going.
    I love you too.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

JamesSeed said:

After the Away Gods decided I shouldn't go to away matches, I was wondering if anyone knows if this match will be televised?

Do you seriously not know?
    Well they all seem to be televised but I didn't know for sure. Cheers for asking though.

You have to bear in mind I lost interest in football for about twenty five years.
  • Options
    M1 is open today
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

TEL said:

Came up the M40/M42/M6/M54 and took about three and a half hours despite the M25 being slow. Easy journey.

Yep - that's definitely the best way.
    Bob, how long will your route take from Bromley please ?

(Where there's blame there's a claim) :wink:
    Head south to pick up the M25 and from the M25 it will take just over 3 hours. So add how long it takes you to go south to get to the M25 - total 210 miles.

Via M1/M6 is 195 miles but could easily take much longer.

Cheers bob just over 3 hrs in the wild pig pub away fans welcome £5 parking.
    Outside bar in the garden
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Car fire on m40 by Banbury.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Yes & we've been stuck not moving since 12.35. Just you wait Bob Munro.
  • Options
    Waze navigation app
  • Options

Waze navigation app

I've got it, but the fire was 400 yards in front, so no way of avoiding. Anyway, we're on our way, we're on our way, after a 35 minute delay.
  • Options

Same. Hopefully won't be much longer only about 200yards from the fire annoyingly!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

After the Away Gods decided I shouldn't go to away matches, I was wondering if anyone knows if this match will be televised?

Do you seriously not know?
    Well they all seem to be televised but I didn't know for sure. Cheers for asking though.

You have to bear in mind I lost interest in football for about twenty five years.
    Have signed up for a day pass on Now TV.
  • Options

I deny all responsibility!

*runs for cover
  • Options
    clb74 said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

TEL said:

Came up the M40/M42/M6/M54 and took about three and a half hours despite the M25 being slow. Easy journey.

Yep - that's definitely the best way.
    Bob, how long will your route take from Bromley please ?

(Where there's blame there's a claim) :wink:
    Head south to pick up the M25 and from the M25 it will take just over 3 hours. So add how long it takes you to go south to get to the M25 - total 210 miles.

Via M1/M6 is 195 miles but could easily take much longer.

Cheers bob just over 3 hrs in the wild pig pub away fans welcome £5 parking.
    Outside bar in the garden
    Good stuff.

I'll be leaving around 2.00pm - will avoid the car fire on the M40!
  • Options

Waze navigation app

I've got it, but the fire was 400 yards in front, so no way of avoiding. Anyway, we're on our way, we're on our way, after a 35 minute delay.
    Thats why i leave early
  • Options
    In Charles Darwin pub. Free parking. Barbeque
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

In Charles Darwin pub. Free parking. Barbeque

Snap
  • Options
    Just got to the wild pig! Quite a few outside.

M1 and m6 fine
  • Options
    just past scorched ground on m40, traffic all cleared. Glad we left late !
  • Options
    Just wishing u all safe travels...

Another one here who would have loved to have been able to get up there with you guys & girls,u will defo be the 12th man up there...all us around the globe watching on screens (& the ones that can't) will be there with u in spirit...help push them boys over the line,help take us to the promised land of a Wembley day out...just like the boys..."U Could Be Heroes,Just For One Day"...

Respect,enjoy the day...but what will be will be...

Cmon U Addicks...Lee Bowyers Red & White Army...!!!

• Options

M1 and m6 fine

How is CLB74?
  • Options

M1 and m6 fine

How is CLB74?
    Heartbreakon you are not here
  • Options
    The wild pig has the potential to turn a bit, good natured signing banter now feels like it could go wrong
  • Options

M1 and m6 fine

How is CLB74?
    He’s just delivering his last few pints of milk.
  • Options

The wild pig has the potential to turn a bit, good natured signing banter now feels like it could go wrong

Is it mixed fans in there then?
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Is it mixed fans in there then?
    Most in the garden Charlton one side them the other