Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play Offs 2017/2018

Comments

• Second for Woody!
  • Wood again 2-1
  • From Charlton with love
  • Hold on Rotherham...
  • Richard Wood mom for me. Absolute man mountain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yesssss
  • A 2-1 victory in a play-off final with both goals scored by a centre-half?

Where have we seen that before ... ?
  • Paul Hurst 1/2 to leave Shrewsbury and become the next Ipswich manager ha ha.
  • Rotherham United 2 Dog and Duck 1
  • Karma is a bitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to seeing who has the better players next season!!! Very ugly football from a team I actually admired back in February. Not so smug now Mr Hurst. Ipswich be careful what you wish for....
  • "Charlton felt they should have had a penalty in a first half they shaded, but appeals for handball against home captain Mat Sadler were waved away."

"Goalscorer Morris was also possibly fortunate to escape unpunished after an early tangle with Patrick Bauer, in which appeared to catch the Charlton defender with his elbow."

Prior to the play-offs, I'm sure, like many, I felt some sympathy for Shrewsbury entering into the lottery with such a wide points margin over the other contenders.

However, the way in which their team conducted themselves during the second leg against Charlton, makes me over the moon at todays result. May the tears gush out of their Salopian tubes tonight!

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.

• Relegation fodder again next season then. It's okay though, I'm sure if they ask nicely they can get Sullay Kaikai on loan.
  • edited May 2018
    Well done the Millers and the three ex-Charlton lads in the line up - and one in particular. What is there not to like.

A very deserved win and maybe a game too far for Shrewsbury. I was surprised at how vulnerable they looked defensively, with Beckles particularly weak. Although you have to respect how they have overachieved this year, I am delighted that the high proportion of bellend supporters in that second leg have had yet another disappointing trip to Wembley.

Rotherham matched their physicality and most certainly played the better football.

Interestingly, I think I read somewhere that this was the first time for 12 years or so that the three teams relegated from the Championship have gone straight back up again. It better not happen next year.....
  • What disappointed me is the amount of empty seats in the best part of the stadium.
    Corporate football at its finest.
    Wembley? Poke it up your arse.
    If the FA Wern't so up themselves, this could have been played nearer to both parties concerned.
    Everton perhaps?
  • Says it all... Out of all the Divisions; League One is the one level where all the relegated clubs get promoted the following year.

Coventry are the only other side who can also do it
  • Blucher said:

Woody will never have to buy a pint in Rotherham again !

I think there are plenty in SE7 willing to buy him one, myself included. "Sympathy for Shrews"? Nope