Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sun 13 May | 5:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Not normally one for superstition, but this "we never play well on TV" hoodoo has got to go! No attention from Sky all season, then they've had our last two games and we've lost them both.

Out of interest, when was the last time we won on Sky, does anyone know?
  • It's the big one tomorrow!

Look ahead to our play-off second leg against @shrewsweb with our match preview
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5af5b28733b30/play-off-match-preview-shrewsbury-town-v-charlton … #cafc

• Bowyer: "Don’t think that this tie is over because it ain’t".

• Reeves is gonna be our match winner , he’s been a bit pony for us but I can see a player in there and in these matches you need that little bit extra .
    More likely than not we go out but you never know
  • £5 @ 50/1 us to win Betfair any other score
  • edited May 2018
    Going to take a monumental effort to get over the line. Shrewsbury looked well commited the other night.
    Sadly think we'll come up short.
  • Going to take a monumental effort to get over the line. Shrewsbury looked well commited the other night.
    Sadly think we'll come up short.

We have said all along, we need taller men in the team :smiley:
  • I just hope we score twice without reply because if it does go to pens then we are fooked. Most of our players can't reach the goal from 12 yards & the ones that do have been taking lessons from a certain Mr Bailey.

Another 1-0 loss, but we, the fans, are the ultimate winners because then RD will go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not normally one for superstition, but this "we never play well on TV" hoodoo has got to go! No attention from Sky all season, then they've had our last two games and we've lost them both.

Middlesbrough protest match?

Boro's manager had walked out a couple of days before, a funeral procession to the ground preceeded the match, St Christopher was in the Sky studio dressed in black (appropriately enough), beach balls started raining down onto the pitch within ten seconds of the start, a first-half Boro attack was halted by a whistle from the Covered End, and we won 2-0.

What a dull and boring day, it's no wonder that people forgot about it.
  • edited May 2018

Not normally one for superstition, but this "we never play well on TV" hoodoo has got to go! No attention from Sky all season, then they've had our last two games and we've lost them both.

Middlesbrough protest match?

Boro's manager had walked out a couple of days before, a funeral procession to the ground preceeded the match, St Christopher was in the Sky studio dressed in black (appropriately enough), beach balls started raining down onto the pitch within ten seconds of the start, a first-half Boro attack was halted by a whistle from the Covered End, and we won 2-0.

What a dull and boring day, it's no wonder that people forgot about it.
    And my boys’ first match at The Valley. All very entertaining.
  • Marshall not in squad
  • Redhenry said:

Marshall not in squad

That is baaaaad news.
  • JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

Marshall not in squad

That is baaaaad news.
    Oh dear. In this case I think we should play DaSilva higher up the pitch and put page in at left back if he’s fit enough
  • Redhenry said:

Marshall not in squad

That is peculiar.
  • Injured or another reason ?? didn't he miss a game a frw months back due to family reasons ?
  • Has to be injured
  • 2-0 or 3-1 to Shrewsbury. We start well but they catch us on the break and then finish us off.
  • I have the changes but you will need to IB me
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    We tend to play best against teams that come on to us and leave us space to exploit behind. Unfortunately the Shrews seem to be excellent at absorbing pressure and hitting on the break. Unless we can score at least one early goal and rattle them it's going to be a long evening.
  • This game could all be down to attitudes, despite our different styles, there isn’t much between us, I only hope we go with width and they think the job is done and invite our pacier players to have a go.
    Sadly though, I can see a 1-1 draw, us scoring first through JFC, pegging us back with 10 minutes to go.

However, with the takeover very imminent (muir would not have gone so public otherwise) I will take solace that RD will be gone, and we can start rebuilding with proper, stronger, sensibly managed foundations, Accrington & Sunderland away on my list.
  • DA9 said:

This game could all be down to attitudes, despite our different styles, there isn’t much between us, I only hope we go with width and they think the job is done and invite our pacier players to have a go.
    Sadly though, I can see a 1-1 draw, us scoring first through JFC, pegging us back with 10 minutes to go.

However, with the takeover very imminent (muir would not have gone so public otherwise) I will take solace that RD will be gone, and we can start rebuilding with proper, stronger, sensibly managed foundations, Accrington & Sunderland away on my list.

Yep attitude and who REALLY wants it. I hope Bowyer doesn't tell them to go out and enjoy themselves but what it really means to them and us.
  • DA9 said:

This game could all be down to attitudes, despite our different styles, there isn’t much between us, I only hope we go with width and they think the job is done and invite our pacier players to have a go.

Yep attitude and who REALLY wants it. I hope Bowyer doesn't tell them to go out and enjoy themselves but what it really means to them and us.
    Id be very surprised if Bowyer ever says that to them
  • I just hope we don't go out with a whimper.
  • DA9 said:

Id be very surprised if Bowyer ever says that to them
    Last Thursday.
  • Forget tactics, if the players have the right mindset, they will win. Attack, attack, attack. C'mon Charlton, don't let us down.
  • We will score more than 1 today. I am confident of that. The question, and deciding factor will be how many they score. I'm sure we can do it.
  • We need a little luck today. We've haven't had much all season, so some is well overdue.

The Glikstens, while looking for a new manager, famously asked Jimmy Seed if he was lucky in football. His reply: 'Always!'

Fingers crossed then.

Jimmy Seed's Red & White Army!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!