Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sun 13 May | 5:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• We cannot go 1-0 down at their place. An early goal for us to put the tie back on level terms would be ideal but similarly going into the second half at 0-0 will allow nerves to creep into their system.

Their goal last night was an absolutely sucker punch, I was gutted. I'm more confident than I was yesterday but we're very much the outsiders at this stage.

I reckon the longer it stays 0-0 the more confident Shrewsbury will become again

Get an early goal if we can and then really take the game to them - Dont want Extra Time or Penalties
    If it gets to 20 minutes left and they still only have a one goal lead, they will sit deeper and deeper and deeper and invite us onto them. It's human nature.
  • Thank you for your superb support this evening

We'll need the same again on Sunday. We go again. #cafc

• Lee Bowyer on decision to drop Charlton winger Mark Marshall against Shrewsbury

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/937355794?-11197:833
  • If Kashi can boss the midfield like he did at Pompey, we will have every chance, but we can't carry any passengers (Mav & Reeves). Marshall will give it plenty, and Fozzy is tricky for defenders to cope with.

Use the wings, cross into the centre, knock-down / lay-off, second ball, create chance.

COYR
  • Please be aware the M1 is going to be closed for a big chunk on Sunday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-44082605

Not directly in our route, but will no doubt be knock on traffic....

• edited May 2018

Please be aware the M1 is going to be closed for a big chunk on Sunday

M25/M40/M42/M6/M54 is the way to go.
  • bobmunro said:

If it's not a daft question Bob, why do you say that ? Personal experience ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Please be aware the M1 is going to be closed for a big chunk on Sunday

Thats why im leaving at 8.30
  • bobmunro said:

If it's not a daft question Bob, why do you say that ? Personal experience ?
    Yes - if I’m travelling from south London or Kent I would always go that way - although I go further up the M6 to junction 16.

It may be slightly longer in miles (just) but much quicker and less chance of hold ups, apart from maybe M25 around Heathrow. I always use the M6 toll road as well and the M54 to Shrewsbury is pretty much at the end of the toll road.

Thankfully I’ve got an easier journey on Sunday.

• Not enjoying the traffic stories

Surely 5 hours from Essex to wherever the bloody hell it is in Wales is enough no?
  • Heart says a Charlton win. Head says not

Surely 5 hours from Essex to wherever the bloody hell it is in Wales is enough no?

Good luck
  • 3-2 Charlton. 4-3 after extra time. 4-1 on pens to us. What a game. Can’t wait. Will be telling my grandkids about this one.
  • Confident. This is my club who have known nothing but adversity since I bowled up in1979.
  • clb74 said:

Thats why im leaving at 8.30
    It's because your milk float only does 20mph.

Watch it in the Bricklayers with me....
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be an exciting game - we need an early goal so our finishing needs to improve. Fosu will be key but is he fit?

Can't afford to have Reeves and Mavi starting.

See a 1-1 sadly.
  • Havent we won just one penatly shootout (against Luton in the League Cup in 2003) since 1998?

We lost against Swindon on penalties, same with Oxford and Colchester in the Football League Trophy of late...

Beat Southampton in a penalty shootout in the Checkatrade Trophy last season.
    I also remember going to Saltergate to watch us beat Chesterfield on penalties in the League Cup.

I'm expecting us not to win on Sunday which hopefully means we will win. Driving to my grandads to watch it as he's got Sky.

Respect to all those travelling to the game and hope it's a good performance worth the trouble. Let's get to Wembley.
  • 3-2 Charlton. 4-3 after extra time. 4-1 on pens to us. What a game. Can’t wait. Will be telling my grandkids about this one.

You and the other 100,000....
  • ross1 said:
    We are going to do it. COYRs
  • They outmuscled us in midfield. I’d stick Konsa in with Kashi, JFC and Fosu. The Dutch lad at right back.
  • Sage said:

Okay so I’ve had a little think and there’s two things I’ve come up with, one is something to definitely consider, the other is what I would like us to go with but won’t ever happen.

1. Konsa in central midfield has got to be a real option. I know Dijksteel is a central midfielder, but much prefer him at right back than Konsa, plus he can give us that extra energy and bite in the middle, people say he done a great job in that role at Shrewsbury only a few weeks back. Therefore, I would still be happy to see something like this:

Amos
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi
    Konsa Forster-Caskey
    Fosu
    Magennis Ajose

2. Playing a back three with Marshall and Dasilva as wing backs, this will allow us to see Dasilva pushed further forward where his ball control and attacking talents can be used better. It’ll allow Fosu to be in the free role behind the two strikers and he can really hurt teams there.

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce
    Marshall Kashi Forster-Caskey Dasilva
    Fosu
    Magennis Ajose
    Bang on @Sage with that first team
    Need Konsa to put some muscle into our midfield. They bossed is there which led us to lumping it
  • Valley11 said:

They outmuscled us in midfield. I’d stick Konsa in with Kashi, JFC and Fosu. The Dutch lad at right back.

I think Konsa ought to play in the middle for these opponents.
  • Mavididi was a little out of place on the wing. He was getting no luck taking people on and needed to be playing up front or taken off earlier. I’d drop him Sunday. Reeves out wide made no sense to me, perhaps he should have been put in the centre and Kashi removed at half time.

My midfield would be Aribo, JFC, Reeves, Marshall
  • edited May 2018
    I think Mavididi will be more effective with Fosu playing close to him. I am hopeful because of two things - Despite not conceding, defending set pieces is a weakness and they were playing right on the edge of their abilities against Fosu!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!